Thai police allege radical Redshirt cell behind foiled terror, assassination plot

webfact

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When all else fails; diversion.

'Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied that the authorities were playing up this alleged plot in an attempt to divert public attention from a scandal involving the Army's project to construct the Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin."

The only thing transparent about this are their motives. I am reminded of Monty Python..'It's a witch. it's a witch". I await with baited breath.

So what you are trying to say from your monty python quote is , that one day the authorities just woke up, got out of bed and decided to invent a planned criminal plot to carry out violent attacks.

They then picked out a few random people from the phone book and planted guns and ammunition at thier homes while the whole family was out, then hid in the bushes waiting to pounce.

Just so they could divert the mass attenion generated by park in hua hin......Really...facepalm.gif

Something along those lines, yes. After all “They have targets, but we cannot confirm what those targets are,” Sriwarah said. However, he believes the group could have been thinking about seizing army barracks in the northeast as a starting point to unleash their alleged campaign of terror.

So, their mighty 'intelligence' agency couldn't confirm AND were mind readers - 'could have been thinking' followed by the fear mongering words 'unleash' and 'terror'. My questions are 1. Have they been watching old re-runs of Dubya speeches and 2. Can they pronounce the word 'terror', unlike aforesaid biggrin.png

I dont believe anything the Government, Police or Military say, far too many lies in the past.coffee1.gif

How about the camel herder and his rabble, are they reliable and trustworthy in what they say?

Well, the paymaster and owner did say on CNN that he's never ever done anything wrong ever; and neither had his sweet little sister.

And he bravely promised to stand shoulder to shoulder with his militia when the firsts shots were fired. And explained how a few honest mistakes can be made by anybody - I transfer large sums of money to my gardener, driver, maids and pals all the time, so easy to forget.

And Yingluck did say "just trust us" when the 2.2 trillion baht loan was going to be taken off budget and out of parliamentary oversight.

They wouldn't lie, would they?

yesterday it was 3 arrested http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873756-three-held-for-plotting-attacks-during-bike-for-dad

today one, Pissanu Phromsorn, is already missing.

at this pace there won't be a court, too many are murdered a military prison lately

Edited by londonthai

'Meanwhile, Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday denied that the authorities were playing up this alleged plot in an attempt to divert public attention from a scandal involving the Army's project to construct the Rajabhakti Park in Hua Hin."

The only thing transparent about this are their motives. I am reminded of Monty Python..'It's a witch. it's a witch". I await with baited breath.

So what you are trying to say from your monty python quote is , that one day the authorities just woke up, got out of bed and decided to invent a planned criminal plot to carry out violent attacks.

They then picked out a few random people from the phone book and planted guns and ammunition at thier homes while the whole family was out, then hid in the bushes waiting to pounce.

Just so they could divert the mass attenion generated by park in hua hin......Really...facepalm.gif

What you say is not proven fact, but that doesn't automatically rule it out as reality.

I do believe there are Thai people who are very unhappy with the present government....to the point where they may do something crazy...well, crazy to me.

But to plot to kill the PM......that's beyond crazy!

More house-cleaning. I fully expect more of the same as the build-up continues. Scary times.

Removing criminals from the general population is scary for the crims and one reason it's such a good move.

Unfortunately, here the most dangerous terrorists they forget.
What about the drug lords and the financiers in the background?
They bring misery and suffering for millions of people across the country.
In recent months, the caught several transports with hundreds of millions Yaba pills.
Why be here never the instigators and perpetrators caught?

yesterday it was 3 arrested http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873756-three-held-for-plotting-attacks-during-bike-for-dad

at this pace there won't be a court, too many are murdered a military prison lately

Of course you can backup this nonsense statement, can't you?

PM denies security threat cooked up to divert public attention from army men's role in the Rajabhakti Park scandal

fo course it's not a diversion... cheesy.gif

Look, it is critical to this military junta that there are plenty of 'threats' out there to justify their continued domination.

It's SOP for military governments.

If the Army did it to divert attention and it is not a real threat( who knows). They have just given the Red Shirts the idea to try to later.

Of course you can backup this nonsense statement, can't you?

yes according to yesterday's article he was hold incommunicado for 7 days in a military prison in bkk. Today he is not on detained list. Apparently, now he has a search warrant on him

So far no one even the great Prawit has provide the motive for the plot. What's there to gain from the assassination but more heavy hand military reaction and possibly a continuing military government. There are lots of things happening at this current times and all are not privy nor allow to be discussed. Forget Thaksin; he got less to gain.

Feasable!

This is a potentially serious situation with words like ' assassination ' banded around so has anyone seen any comments about how tourism might be affected ?

Oh sorry I'm forgetting nothing ever affects tourism other than to increase it ! rolleyes.gifgigglem.gif

......can you say 'sore loser'.....

...the sociopathic megalomaniac did not get enough....

...even the second time around....

....so there you go....

...and when will he stop......never....he has loads of other peoples money to do as he pleases...

Several Redshirt leaders have dismissed the alleged plot as a work of fiction by authorities to distract the public from ongoing embarrassment over alleged corruption in the army’s Rajabhakti Park “history park.

Edward Bernays must be chuckling in his grave.

This is a potentially serious situation with words like ' assassination ' banded around so has anyone seen any comments about how tourism might be affected ?

Oh sorry I'm forgetting nothing ever affects tourism other than to increase it ! rolleyes.gifgigglem.gif

The increase in tourism is due to girl meets boy, love at first sight.wub.png

it's a good thing the military is in charge. As we have seen in the past, if it is left to the police, the Red shirts get a free pass to do their dirty deeds.

Bitch and complain all you like but we have not seen the Reds be allowed to blow up innocent children in the streets as of late.

we are seeing record amounts of corruption cases against the police and the politicians.

If this is what living under military junta is, then I will take it over the bogus version of Thai democracy any day.

The Shins were the biggest dictators this country has seen in quite some time. Violent, ruthless and greedy, A nasty combination.

I dont believe anything the Government, Police or Military say, far too many lies in the past.coffee1.gif

Do you believe everything that the UDD/Red Shirts say?

Far too many lies in the past.

The problem is too many people on TVF have a blinding faith that 'their guys' are the good guys, purer than driven snow <ahem>

The dirty rotten truth of course is that red/yellow/green, they are all from the same class, social strata and equally all driven by the same greed, duplicity and corruption as one another.

If any of you think that Abhisit, Thaksin, Yingluck, Prayuth, Suthep are in any ways different from one another, any more imbued with a sense of 'duty' and honesty than the others, then you have no real conception of the ruling classes in this country.

They all lie, have lied to feather there own pockets, used the populous for their own selfish aims.

It's depressing sometimes to read the venom that many contributors here spit out here decrying anyone that criticizes 'their' guys as being the devil incarnate...red terrorists, yellow nazi's.

So, who do I believe in this case? Who knows. I'm sure there are people in the UDD quite capable of stirring up a plot. Equally I'm quite convinced there are people in the military who would be only too happy to have a distraction from corruption in their own ranks, God knows the army operates as a profit center of it's own.

So folks grow up and smell the roses, we ain't in Kansas anymore!