Russian woman cyclist subjected to Phuket snatch and run

rooster59

Russian woman cyclist subjected to Phuket snatch and run

post-247607-0-99790900-1448716935_thumb.

Olga Shnyreva, 35, told police that she was riding her bicycle on the road behind on Baan Tha Ruea-Baan Koh Kaew Rd, behind Wat Tha Ruea at about 8am, when two young men rode up on a black motorcycle. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Thalang Police are searching for two male suspects with tattooed faces after they robbed a Russian woman and kicked over her bicycle, sending her sprawling on the ground this morning (Nov 28).

Olga Shnyreva, 35, told police that she was riding her bicycle on the behind on Baan Tha Ruea-Baan Koh Kaew Rd, behind Wat Tha Ruea at about 8am, when two young men rode up on a black motorcycle.

The motorbike driver snatched her bag from the handlebars at the same time his male passenger kicked her bicycle, said Lt Col Sanit Noopayan of the Thalang Police.

Ms Shnyreva suffered minor scrapes and bruises on her right shoulder, arm and elbow.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-woman-cyclist-subjected-to-phuket-snatch-and-run-55175.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-28

Foreign travelers should purchase a small GPS location chip available online and place this with every valuable item..handbag or suitcase n storage or in so call security zone of your room. Most new cell phones have this optional Chip for GPS tracking as a standard item used for most Apps. Seems in this fast changing society of have and have not's ...WE as informed tourists have a choice of being ahead of the crooks and using the latest Technology to curve crime.

www.tracking-system.com/

BikeSpike tracker systems can easily be hid with the included disguised water bottle, and the GPS can be programmed to alarm users of the bike is moved out of the predefined safe zone. The alarms, which are sent with text message and email, can be programmed via iOS, android app or over the Internet. Cyclists are also provided with the choice to share personal GPS monitoring data online. This allows family, friends or police to quickly identify the position of the bike if it is ever stolen.

I hope this gives US as foreigners a little insight in what is possible in curving crime here and abroad...

Ron

Foreign travelers should purchase a small GPS location chip available online and place this with every valuable item..handbag or suitcase n storage or in so call security zone of your room. Most new cell phones have this optional Chip for GPS tracking as a standard item used for most Apps. Seems in this fast changing society of have and have not's ...WE as informed tourists have a choice of being ahead of the crooks and using the latest Technology to curve crime.

www.tracking-system.com/

BikeSpike tracker systems can easily be hid with the included disguised water bottle, and the GPS can be programmed to alarm users of the bike is moved out of the predefined safe zone. The alarms, which are sent with text message and email, can be programmed via iOS, android app or over the Internet. Cyclists are also provided with the choice to share personal GPS monitoring data online. This allows family, friends or police to quickly identify the position of the bike if it is ever stolen.

I hope this gives US as foreigners a little insight in what is possible in curving crime here and abroad...

Ron

Well it might work in Thailand if the family and friends track down the robbers using the device, photograph them while pointing at the stolen bikes, check their ID cards, ask them to wait patiently, collect CCTV evidence from the scene of the crime and the escape route, then go and pay the police to come and arrest them.

Edited by seedy
font

Gentlemen please refrain from anymore cheap 'grab snatch' gags.

She can ride my bike any day. Not that I have a bike but I'd be willing to get one.

I've got a bike. You can ride it if you like.
It's got a basket, a bell that rings and
Things to make it look good.
I'd give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

(Syd Barrett)

Seriously: I hope the lady recovers quickly from this traumatic event

www.tracking-system.com/

Ron

This is something like RFID but more advanced?

My thai GF got bag ripped from shoulder when we were walking back to hotel in BK after eating, 2 on Bike went past down the soi then turned around came back towards us I stepped back and within a split second they had passed with no lights on and ripped the bag from her shoulder.

She fortunate enough to have money in her jeans and phone but they got cards which we cancelled straight away.

Why take a handbag when cycleing?

Just a few BHT in pocket is enough, girls seem to be uncomfortoble without one, they are walking targets especially when walking down a dark soi with falang.

Look what happened in BK with the I pad murder, Thai and Falang not safe--- a bad sign of the times, Poverty, unemployment ect ect.

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts corrected

How about sting operations where they have several foreigners acting as decoys while the police hide and wait for the crime to be enacted...then trap the perpetrators and arrest them...with video evidence.....

Ha Ha...Scum bags...you are going to jail now.

Cheers

There is a common thread to all of these crimes and it is that Thais believe this:

1. This is Thailand

2. I am Thai therefore I can do anything and nothing is going to happen to me. The law the way it is enforced does nothing to give the message that criminals will be punished so they dont care.

From my experience of living here the attitude of the authorities is "You're Thai so we are not going to punish you. It must be the foreigners fault so you are not to blame". This is an attitude that will eventually kill the tourism trade in Thailand.

I think Thai's dont realise that what happens here is passed between people all over the world.

30 years ago maybe tourists did not know much about Thailand and could easily be conned. Now it isnt the same. People know about the scams long before they step foot on Thai soil.

Turkey years ago had the attitude that Thailand now has. It badly affected the tourism to the island. Eventually the police rounded up all the thugs and told them straight out "mess with the tourists and we will hurt you badly" needless to say the crime against tourists stopped almost overnight.

Greece has a similar attitude towards taxi's. Ever feel you are being overcharged in Greece by a taxi driver just tell them to go to the nearest police station and see how fast he changes the price. Greek police hate the taxi drivers as they know what a bunch of thieves they are.

Thailand on the other hand doesnt bother what Thai's do to tourists. They adopt the attitude "if they dont like it they can go home". Has any Thai actually thought of the consequences if the tourists left and did not come back? Well here are a few things that would happen:

1. Less taxi's would be required as most Thai's use bus, car or motorcycle

2. Hotels would close which would affect the staff being laid off. Also the companies that provide services such as laundry and food wouldnt need as many people so they would be let go

3. Taxes from good bought by tourists would be non-existent

4. Many, not all, tour companies would go out of business and their employee's would be without jobs

And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

For goodness sake Thailand stop playing games and start taking law and order seriously

Edited by gandalf12

I find no humour in the pain and misfortune of others.

Glad the lady wasn't seriously injured.

Then don't watch Mr. Bean

That's acted, this is real. A big difference, don't you think?

I'm sure if Olga was British, Aussie or American there would be much less jokes and more hang the perpetrators high posts

Looks like cycling is good for thd lungs 555 glad she wasn't hurt, next time just keep a few baht in your pocket and leave the handbag at home.

I have been riding bikes for many years in groups and with women on other bikes and have never seen any woman take her hand bag with her. If she was staying in a hotel, should have left it in the room safe or hotel safe. Not very smart on her part.

www.tracking-system.com/

Ron

Sounds like you're ahead of the curb there, Ron.

She got very lucky.

In many other countries, some in the Western "civilized" world, she will lost also her expensive bike, and..if the perpetrators were with a ca...., also kidnapped and raped. Bad, she cannot bike alone, but was a not a good idea.

"Farangs" do not have here so much to do, than watching or reading the Pattaya and Phuket news, and believing that its represent Thailand, where homelessness and misery is very low comparing even with the USA. The "richest" world country.... where bikes on the street are chained to post, women cannot walk alone in any parking lot at night, and on many cities areas, full of people sleeping and begging on the streets. A country where most citizens are armed, and ready to defense its life and properties.

Try to walk alone at night on New York's Central Park......or any big city park...and leave it without regrets.

I was assaulted in California few times, lost many nice bikes from thieves, breakings on my car windows just to steal a bag or a jacket. Thailand is not perfect, any country is, and.....like in any other country..... you get what you are looking for....