Have they arrived already?

swissie

I see a lot more full time alcoholics and western welfare cases ("expats") marry prostitutes ("mine is different") compared to the two week millionaires. Most of the two week millionaires have a job rather than living of welfare from their home country. The "expats" say their home country, where they got their education, job and welfare from is shit and they ain't never going home, unless there is a problem with their welfare payments.

Can you please state what you mean by "welfare" payments? Do you mean UK pensioners (these people have paid into the system all their lives for it)

Or maybe you are referring to people on unemployment benefit, which "western welfare cases" are you referring to?

Which western countries are you referring to?

Do not take my post too serious. It was a cheap shot of the same kind as the first couple of posts to this thread.

I took time to learn the phrase " I don't speak english" in Russian.

I also speak Thai and Indonesian. English is my mother tongue.

Whenever I am approached by an english speaking tourist I reply that I don't speak English in Russian.

Whenever I am approached by a Russian tourist, I reply in bahasa indonesian.

Whenever I am approach by a Thai man, I also reply in indonesian.

Whenever I approach a Thai girl I use my very best Thai.

really? Now tell us in Indonesian what your post has to do with holiday makers arriving in Pattaya?

What is this fixation with Pattaya, nearly always negative, mostly from people who don't live here.

I can't imagine going to Chiang Mai sub forum, and posting something random. Why would I?

If you lived here in Pattaya, and moved away for some reason, now miss it, come back! Or if you are unable to come back for some reason, get over it! Why post negative nonsence?

We, Pattaya people don't come to your St. Mary Mead sub forum, and post random crap!

So why not try, and get over it!

It may have escaped you: I do live in Thailand and Pattaya is only a couple of hours away. I want to soak-up the "freak=show" for a few days, that usually happens this time of year.

This is why I asked "Have they arrived already". Unless the annual "freak-show" hasn't started yet, I'd see little reason to visit Pattaya.

Cheers.

You travel to Patts for a few days so you can engage with the annual influx of low-end tourists (aka the freak show) that you despise so much.

Then you can return home, feeling very satisfied about your place in society, no matter how tiny and insignificant it really is.

It all makes perfect sense.

Oh, I see: You got me figured out. I am tiny and insignificant. The sharpness of your analysis concerning my personality impresses me much !

To meet people like you (freaks) would be the purpose in itself. So now the question: "Where do you come from" and "Where is your Hotel".

Have you heard this before ?

Cheers.

What is this fixation with Pattaya, nearly always negative, mostly from people who don't live here.

I can't imagine going to Chiang Mai sub forum, and posting something random. Why would I?

If you lived here in Pattaya, and moved away for some reason, now miss it, come back! Or if you are unable to come back for some reason, get over it! Why post negative nonsence?

We, Pattaya people don't come to your St. Mary Mead sub forum, and post random crap!

It may have escaped you: I do live in Thailand and Pattaya is only a couple of hours away. I want to soak-up the "freak=show" for a few days, that usually happens this time of year.

This is why I asked "Have they arrived already". Unless the annual "freak-show" hasn't started yet, I'd see little reason to visit Pattaya.

Cheers.

You travel to Patts for a few days so you can engage with the annual influx of low-end tourists (aka the freak show) that you despise so much.

Then you can return home, feeling very satisfied about your place in society, no matter how tiny and insignificant it really is.

It all makes perfect sense.

Oh, I see: You got me figured out. I am tiny and insignificant. The sharpness of your analysis concerning my personality impresses me much !

To meet people like you (freaks) would be the purpose in itself. So now the question: "Where do you come from" and "Where is your Hotel".

Have you heard this before ?

Cheers.

Sorry buddy, Radar 501 had you pegged.

It's just beyond our powers of comprehension how someone would ever voluntarily reside there.

;>

I've been residing here for 8 years and love the place. I did my compulsory stint as a monger and loved every second of it. Met and married to a nice lady (schoolteacher) for the past 7 years, loving that too. Live just outside Patts in a lovely area but still enjoy my occasional trips to the city centre. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else and can't understand people bad-mouthing the place. Must be either jealousy or never having visited the place. Now if you were slagging CM I could understand.

Edited by jesimps

IMO a lot of the flak comes from formerly single guys who have picked up a ball and chain (in Pattaya), and dream of the good times they once had when single (in Pattaya). Some of them took to living in purgatory in distant north eastern provinces, never again to experience good times.

Knocking Pattaya relieves some pain.

The other malcontents are people slaving away in their respective homelands, unable to travel here for whatever reason. They deceive themselves by convincing themselves it's a dump not worth visiting by focusing on all the negatives that they can possibly imagine.

Another other group did indeed find a better place to live (in Thailand) and good on them. Why some of these people continually return to this forum to bash Pattaya may be another form of self-denial. They really prefer it but won't admit it.

Edited by tropo

At 10 high in a condo with quite neighbours it's pretty peaceful living in Jomtien (next to Pattaya), great to move some work, sometimes I work till late and visit Foodmart afterwards, real quite on the road, quite in the supermarket, do my shopping and return. Boring in Pattaya yes?

Now when my work is complete in a few weeks I have everything within reach, to Koh Larn, eat in nice restaurants, have a new darling every other day, get pissed till 5am in the morning and repeat, till I get tired of this artificail life and then I'm back to work again or on holiday to a nearby country.

Pattaya really sucks big time biggrin.png

I wonder how my life would look in Isaan, always the same partner, getting pissed at the local Karaoke and hope I won't break any plastic chairs, chase some buffalos if I'm in a wild mood, lovely whistling.gif Whoops almost forgot about the Paad Thai and the grilled chicken, yummy (for once a month).

Edited by dennis123

IMO a lot of the flak comes from formerly single guys who have picked up a ball and chain (in Pattaya), and dream of the good times they once had when single (in Pattaya). Some of them took to living in purgatory in distant north eastern provinces, never again to experience good times.

Knocking Pattaya relieves some pain.

The other malcontents are people slaving away in their respective homelands, unable to travel here for whatever reason. They deceive themselves by convincing themselves it's a dump not worth visiting by focusing on all the negatives that they can possibly imagine.

Another other group did indeed find a better place to live (in Thailand) and good on them. Why some of these people continually return to this forum to bash Pattaya may be another form of self-denial. They really prefer it but won't admit it.

You nailed it!

But bashing Pattaya in hopes that it bring some relief, to ease the nagging reality isn't gonna work. Guy sits in the kitchen alone, drinks a beer, thinks about times past, then post a negative. disparaging comment about Pattaya, to feel better. Maybe it works for some people, but I doubt. When he looks out of the window, it is still a village in North East. Or for those who had to leave the country, probably snow.

Guys who really found nicer place, and moved on, they would not come and comment about town where they used to live. If I lived in Bangladesh, then moved to Pattaya, why would I go to some Bangladeshi forum to tell people how it sucks there.. never. I'd have allready forgotten that I ever was there!

On my 1st trip to Thailand I was advised to visit CM and decided to visit Pai at the same time. I spent 2 days in CM and was bored to tears. I did the same thing on both days so in theory, i spent a day there. Stayed 5 days in Pai which is much smaller place. Speaks volumes. I would never go back to CM even if I had my fare and accommodation paid.

That does not mean I would start a topic on a forum and slag the place off at random. Im really not that petty or sad or lonely

Have a ball up there Swissie

Each to their own

Edited by Walter Travolta