Thai govt's effort to boost tourism: Special report

webfact

Finally, I will feel comfortable to visit many of the tourist locations that I have avoided because of smoking and alcohol abuse. Thailand can become more like Singapore and that will make it a healthier and safer country.

Maybe people like to live here because it is NOT like Singapore!

Who do you think you are to decide what is healthier?

And safer in what way?

What world do you live in?

or they cant afford Singapore is more likely, however I much prefer Singapores sanity

I don't think i could afford it.

However i have been there and here is so much better for me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I might be mistaken, but it didn't say in the article that alcohol at restaurants or so would be band. It says tourist sites. Doesn't that mean like parks, natural reserves, temples, etc? I can't see why that would be such a bad thing.

I think you're exactly correct. This whole topic is a lot of fuss & feathers about almost nothing.

After reading 5 pages of worthless comment, I see no one has addressed the one of the main topics of the article. It is copied for you here:

Among them is the organizing of the festival "Thailand: Marina Hub of ASEAN” from January to February 2016 in Phuket.

When I saw this I spit coffee all over my desk. To the best of my knowledge & and after a quick internet search, Thailand has only 3 marinas in the entire country, 2 in Phuket & one south of Pattaya.

How can you be a Marina Hub when you only have 3 marinas in the whiole country?

More useless talk without any substance. This is the land where appearances matter more than reality.