What Do Thai Girls Expect From A Farang?

klink

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im trying to understand how things work in thailand and more about thai girls. It seems that many girls i Thailand are looking for a farang relationship. Im thinking why would they do this unless it was for some economical reason. Does this mean that they are just on the lookout for a better more comfortable life (which is understandable)...

I think it all boils down to the fact that regardless of country, culture, or socio-economic backround, some girls have good hearts and some have black hearts. It may be that it is a little more difficult to tell which is which in Thailand :o but it is basically same-same wherever you go in the world. The trick is to find out about her heart before investing too much of your heart and money !

As most of us know, Thailand has many wonderful and beautiful woman..I think that the trick is to have a lot of fun but proceed with caution.........

I’ve lived full time in Thailand for 5 years with a Thai wife 25 years my junior, and this is the conundrum I have been struggling with since I first visited Thailand 8 years ago. What is the magical attraction between young Thai women and older farang men? Every day I look in the mirror and see a 60 year old saggy, baggy heap of sh*t. Any US or European young woman would see the same and probably try to keep at least 50 feet away from me if not walk on the other side of the street. My wife says I am a sexy man for her. Oh yeah. Yet how come so many Thai young women (and I am talking about middle class professionals, not bar girls) go out of their way to flirt, sometimes heavily and even to the point of really hitting on me. It cannot be just because of the assumed money bags hanging out of my pockets or the potential security of being with a farang. It happens too often to be that simple. There must be something else. On the other side of the coin, why do so many farangs lose their brains when they come to Thailand and meet their first Thai ladies (usually bar girls in these cases)? Nowhere else am I aware of where men act so consistently stupidly. I can only put it down to some special affiliation (or is it affliction) between Thai women and farangs (particularly older ones) that I cannot understand.

why do so many farangs lose their brains when they come to Thailand and meet their first Thai ladies (usually bar girls in these cases)? Nowhere else am I aware of where men act so consistently stupidly.

Well I am glad you asked because I have a theory about this.

Let's say any one of us farangs meets and starts to date a Western woman in our own country. Let's also say that she is a nice girl, or as nice as a person can be upon first meeting someone. By nice I mean that she is a normal girl and isn't out to take your money or cheat you because not all Western women are. So you meet this nice girl and start to date. The relationship goes along slowly but because the two of you have just met, there isnt a lot of affection or anything happening yet. I believe right there, that affection, that's the difference between a farang being in his own country vs. being in Thailand.

Let's say we meet a new girl in Thailand (not a bargirl). While the relationship is still new to both of you, for some reason she is a lot more affectionate, sweet, demure and seemingly trustworthy. This tends to turn a man into a jellyfish and then you drop your guard. Also, when you leave your own country where you have an inherent distrust of everyone around you, now you are in a new place and that distrust isn't there so much.

Edited by TRIPxCORE

I’ve lived full time in Thailand for 5 years with a Thai wife 25 years my junior, and this is the conundrum I have been struggling with since I first visited Thailand 8 years ago. What is the magical attraction between young Thai women and older farang men? Every day I look in the mirror and see a 60 year old saggy, baggy heap of sh*t. Any US or European young woman would see the same and probably try to keep at least 50 feet away from me if not walk on the other side of the street. My wife says I am a sexy man for her. Oh yeah. Yet how come so many Thai young women (and I am talking about middle class professionals, not bar girls) go out of their way to flirt, sometimes heavily and even to the point of really hitting on me. It cannot be just because of the assumed money bags hanging out of my pockets or the potential security of being with a farang. It happens too often to be that simple. There must be something else. On the other side of the coin, why do so many farangs lose their brains when they come to Thailand and meet their first Thai ladies (usually bar girls in these cases)? Nowhere else am I aware of where men act so consistently stupidly. I can only put it down to some special affiliation (or is it affliction) between Thai women and farangs (particularly older ones) that I cannot understand.

Can’t say im that old as yet 50 well getting there.

Pondering over this now myself. Lovely cutie may be right that farangs are better in bed at least we would all like to think so.

Customs and traditions are different in every country. Farangs bring hope, financial stability into the lives of Thai woman and there families. Farangs as a rule do not strike there woman are not butterflies and I could go on.

A 30 year old Thai woman with a 50 year old man has a very good life for the duration of that mans life and brings status to her family (big face).

In most cases there future is bright.

It is there choice.

:o:D

So please understand that many Thai girls who are looking for farangs is just for sincere love, not money.

I hope this is true, because I might looking for a new girlfriend. I can be very charming, but I only have little money :o

Back to topic:

Sure, cheaters live everywhere, but Thai girls have a special reputation in this case. There has to be a reason, I guess. (Just look up my "Gold Instead Air Ticket" thread.)

I think it's because of farrangs bigger willies :o

Most of my ex's refer to me as being a big prick :D

That brought a smile to a wet and miserable monday morning, after wading though 18" of Chao Phraya to get to my car. Bit damp here in Pathum Thani.

Hi,

I totally agree with LovelyCutie.

Well, I think many farangs got a wrong idea about Thai girls who are looking for a farang relationship. Yes, some Thai girls may look for farangs for money. As a regular Thai girl, I believe not everyone is looking for a farang just for money or comfortable life. Many of them just feel that they like farang. It's just a feeling inside that tells them that farangs are their soulmates. Some may have bad experiences about Thai guys; so they feel that farangs are better than Thais. Some may feel that farangs are more romantic than thais; while many find farang more attractive.

Many well-educated thai girls can make money by their own. They don't care about money from the guys. Take a look at a nice Thai girl. You'll eventually find out that what she expects from you is just love, understanding and sincerity. So please understand that many Thai girls who are looking for farangs is just for sincere love, not money.

Ok but generally you are? :o (at least according to the other forum members). But i will keep an open mind.

Nah, from the rest of your response, I don't think your mind is open enough.

Ppl seem to think that I am naive, but i don´t quite buy the "Opposite attracts" theory. sorry :D

You have your mind made up. So why bother posting your question in the first place? Everyone is different. That theory may be daft to you. But that has always been the case for me. I'm not attracted to Thai men. And quite a few other Thai girls have met are the same. So?

So thai men doesn´t really like farangs? I have been thinking about that one. I guess seeing fat, bald, obnoxious, p*ssed up, ugly, loud, smelly, smokey, fashion terrorist farangs with a nice thai lady under thair arm gets kinda annoying after a while.

So, keep an open mind eh?

Thats it? You only expect a nice loving caring handsome boyfriend/husband who is good in the sack and better financial status. Hum.. and what does the farangs get?

Me. My current boyfriend hasn't complained about anything yet though. So, I must do something right. :D

So you don´t get anything financially from your farang boyfriends?

Nothing, except a few meals/drinks here and there. I'm earning a local "salary". So, it's nowhere near expat's salary. But it's a good enough to take care of myself and my usual shit.

Do you mind telling me what type of work you do?

I work for a multi national company in spa industry. I have a degree from a top university in Thailand. I speak pretty good English. I look good enough for my age. Is that good enough?

Having said all that, I actually smell a troll.

Ok but generally you are? :o (at least according to the other forum members). But i will keep an open mind.

Nah, from the rest of your response, I don't think your mind is open enough.

Ppl seem to think that I am naive, but i don´t quite buy the "Opposite attracts" theory. sorry :D

You have your mind made up. So why bother posting your question in the first place? Everyone is different. That theory may be daft to you. But that has always been the case for me. I'm not attracted to Thai men. And quite a few other Thai girls have met are the same. So?

So thai men doesn´t really like farangs? I have been thinking about that one. I guess seeing fat, bald, obnoxious, p*ssed up, ugly, loud, smelly, smokey, fashion terrorist farangs with a nice thai lady under thair arm gets kinda annoying after a while.

So, keep an open mind eh?

Thats it? You only expect a nice loving caring handsome boyfriend/husband who is good in the sack and better financial status. Hum.. and what does the farangs get?

Me. My current boyfriend hasn't complained about anything yet though. So, I must do something right. :D

So you don´t get anything financially from your farang boyfriends?

Nothing, except a few meals/drinks here and there. I'm earning a local "salary". So, it's nowhere near expat's salary. But it's a good enough to take care of myself and my usual shit.

Do you mind telling me what type of work you do?

I work for a multi national company in spa industry. I have a degree from a top university in Thailand. I speak pretty good English. I look good enough for my age. Is that good enough?

Having said all that, I actually smell . :D

Some may have bad experiences about Thai guys;

This is, IMHO, the main reason.

My wife says I am a sexy man for her. Oh yeah. Yet how come so many Thai young women (and I am talking about middle class professionals, not bar girls) go out of their way to flirt, sometimes heavily and even to the point of really hitting on me.

You are probably a nice guy who doesn't drink a lot and screw around. They can tell this.

They probably have a huge resentment against their fathers for doing this and are looking for a father figure in the older guy. Also the fact that your unattractive to women is good -you will support her family only and won't be tempted away so often than if you were young and good-looking like me :o

Oh come on now, don't be so modest. Out of all the Thai people I have talked to in Thailand, you speak the best English out of all of them. :o

Thank you, darling. :D

That made me think back. Jasus, it's quite some time ago. But yeah, that's actually true. Two Thai boyfriends of mine conned money out of me when I was still in university...

When I 1st met my husband, I never thought about his money, as I had a good job and earn a good amount of money myself.... In fact, when he returned to USA, I decided to come to US for a degree with financial support from my family. I thought the 2 yrs degree in US would allow me to know him better and learned about the culture and his family.

I married my husband right after I graduated....and not because of his money... it's because he has a good heart and it would be too stupid not to marry him. :D

PS... this is his ID and he is sleeping :o

My wife says I am a sexy man for her. Oh yeah. Yet how come so many Thai young women (and I am talking about middle class professionals, not bar girls) go out of their way to flirt, sometimes heavily and even to the point of really hitting on me.

You are probably a nice guy who doesn't drink a lot and screw around. They can tell this.

They probably have a huge resentment against their fathers for doing this and are looking for a father figure in the older guy. Also the fact that your unattractive to women is good -you will support her family only and won't be tempted away so often than if you were young and good-looking like me :o

After reading the last bit of your post, I think maybe you have read too many of my posts

First off, we are all not money grabbing little bitches, you know. :D

Yes, many Thai girls are seeking relationship with foreigners. First thing that came to mind is "Opposite attracts". Many white males find us attractive. And many of us find white males attractive too. And yes, better financial status is a part of the whole thing also. Another thing is that a lot of Thai girls believe are more faithful than Thai men - which I personally like to keep races out of it. Anyone can be a cheater.

Sometimes, it's difficult for Thai girls who have dated foreign men before to date Thai men. A good number of Thai men wouldn't touch Thai girls who have been with foreigners. So, if a Thai girl has dated a foreigner, her chance of hooking up with a Thai guy gets slimmer.

And last but not least, we believe that foreigners are better between the sheets. :D

So what do we expect? A nice loving caring handsome boyfriend/husband who is good in the sack. :o

Well said.

I think most Farang men sell themselves short. This is understandable coming from farangland where the farang women have beaten your confidence to death for decades.

I've been lucky enough to travel a lot in the last 10 years and my favourite pastime is observing people. Usually, I observe girls, but I also observe guys from different cultures, and it's my opinion that Farang guys are the best catch in the world. Based mainly on character.

I'm not going to give my opinions on Asian guys,Latinos,East Europeans or Africans on this forum for fear of being flamed, but, I will repeat, Farangs, IMHO, and also in the opinion of a lot of (non-farang) women around the world, are a great catch.

No magic here, you want quick and easy you can find it, you want a realtionship, it takes time a heck of a lot more then a vacation.

But nothing stops you from trying, not happy with the way things are going where you are. At worst case you could come have a good vacation. Set your limits and enjoy what you can afford to enjoy, may not end up being a long term realtionship. But, you can have a bit of fun.

But don't look for the magic, the onmyagic here is how fast a good Thai bar girl can own you :o

But do you know how much I really drink? :o

We have a pretty good idea about how much ! :D

(I hear a certain brewery is installing a pipeline directly from the plant into your home. They figured it would be cheaper than making those daily deliveries !) :D

We have a pretty good idea about how much ! :o

(I hear a certain brewery is installing a pipeline directly from the plant into your home. They figured it would be cheaper than making those daily deliveries !) :D

Nah, they were just taking the piss. :D

We have a pretty good idea about how much ! :o

Nah, they were just taking the piss. :D

As a relative newbie around here I find myself wondering why so many of the fellas seem to know the details of LovelyCutie's life... :D

Anyway, to have a crack at the topic:

- something different, maybe a little exotic to them

- a chance to visit or maybe even live in a western country

- unless they're already hi-so, a bump up in status

- dating someone with over 100K a month income might be nice for a change

- a guy who won't open a can of whoopass on them after a few whiskeys would be cool

- after getting over the initial jep maak loei, a nice big unit could be fun to play with

- cute, light-skinned babies with round eyes and big noses that could become models or actors

- maybe farangs are responsible and will support their wife and kids

Those are a few of the possibilities.