Kilkenny 285 /195

Black & Tan 320/ 210

Half & Half 320/ 210

http://www.shenanigans-pattaya.com/drink.htm

and if in Blighty... :o

Beer and Totty: Guide to Beer!

What it is, and how it works...

This guide aims to take the mystery out of Beer. :D

By the end of it - hopefully you know all the different types and what it does to you!

Beer in the UK varies tremendously in price, but is always "bloody expensive in here" and can always be bought "just down the road at the [insert name of pub which called the receivers in last week]" for 10p per pint less. At least this is what the bloke stood next to you in the pub will tell you - the barperson will no doubt disagree. :D

http://www.beerandtotty.co.uk/index.htm

• 1 month later...
Mother OGradys in Dublins Fair City, fantastic, tastes just so smooth, its also in one of the most exciting cities so come on over and have a proper drink of Guiness.

But was there not a report on BBC World this week that the Irish were taking to the streets as a pint of the black stuff was now selling at 5 euros a pint ?

Diageo, the world's largest producer of liquor, said Wednesday that it would increase the price of Guinness and other beverages in Ireland to pay for higher marketing costs in the wake of a smoking ban in Irish pubs.

The London-based company, which owns the brewery that began making Guinness in 1759, plans to raise the price in pubs of the stout by 6 euro cents, or 7 U.S. cents, on June 1, said Jean Doyle, a spokeswoman.

In March, when Ireland became the first country in the world to impose a nationwide ban on smoking in pubs and restaurants, Diageo gave away 10,000 free pints and spent heavily to tout pubs as the best place to socialize. The new law came into effect the month after Diageo posted a 7 percent decline in Irish shipments of Guinness for the six months through December.

Diageo, which has about 45 percent of the Irish alcoholic beverage market, had described the country as its "most challenging market" before the ban was introduced. The market shrank by 4 percent in Diageo's first half as retail prices rose, disposable income was crimped by rising property prices and consumers opted for healthier drinks. An increasing number of Irish people are choosing to drink at home, Doyle said.

The latest price increase would bring the average price of Guinness across Ireland to E3.50 a pint, up from the equivalent of E2.35 in 1994, Doyle said. Diageo is also raising the price of other draft beers, like Harp and Budweiser.

Guinness is good for you full of iron and tastes exquisite with a drop of champers in it. I think it would be kinder on the guts than cheap plonk, for goodness sake I do believe they even serve it in some hospitals to the elderly. Personally Id prefer a drop of Bushmills much more palatable even a shot of poteen laced with essence of cloves is very good.

If you have reason to go to malaysia,stock up there,small cans B60 in the supermarket

If I remember correctly, those small cans contain the 'bottled' type of Guinness. I believe the Guinness being discussed here is the canned "draft" Guiness, said to contain 530 ml plus a "widget", a more expensive brew.

:o

Essence of cloves ... uggggh ... at least it'd cure toothache. :o

Have you tried essence of cloves in poteen??? Essence of cloves is exhilerating in poteen it takes away bad breath, yes good for toothache numbs the pain, but if you drink enough poteen your teeth fall out anyway and then you will have no bother at all.

If you have reason to go to malaysia,stock up there,small cans B60 in the supermarket

If I remember correctly, those small cans contain the 'bottled' type of Guinness. I believe the Guinness being discussed here is the canned "draft" Guiness, said to contain 530 ml plus a "widget", a more expensive brew.

:o

The small Malaysian cans do not give the anticipated 'head' that one associates with Guinness (and the King Kong).

The 'widget' is just a plastic ring - so the mark-p for getting a glass of Guiness that looks right and almost tastes right is sheer robbery. But if you're prepared to pay ....

• 4 years later...
Guiness Update:

In Shennanigans at 'The Avenue' a pint of Guiness is 220 Baht but 190 Baht in Happy Hour. Happy Hour is 11-1 and 4-7.

The small cans of Malaysian Guiness in some Family Marts (275 ml) cost 90 Baht but are 8% by volume.

Wow thats a very old thread you brought up ,but thanks for the info .Will try the Guinness there .Had a pint recently at Molly Malones WS., for 230 baht ( aprox ) ,but it was a good pint and kept its head to the end of the glass .The pint i last had at Maggie Mays was not great ,but only 150 baht .

I've just bought 4 cans of guiness at friendship super markup at 159 baht each. This is extortionate to say the least , but I do like the black stuff.

Does anyone know a better place to buy it ?

Kurgen at todays exchange rate it works out at 3.12 pounds for a can. I would learn to love the Chang mate. 3 Big bottles for 100 baht :o

I've just bought 4 cans of guiness at friendship super markup at 159 baht each. This is extortionate to say the least , but I do like the black stuff.

Does anyone know a better place to buy it ?

Kurgen at todays exchange rate it works out at 3.12 pounds for a can. I would learn to love the Chang mate. 3 Big bottles for 100 baht :o

You replied 5 years old post mate. I'm sure Kurgen is up to speed with Chang nowdays :D