Why You Seldom Find DELETED On The Isaan Forum.......

lostinisaan

Why You Seldom Find Arschholess On The Isaan Forum.......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes as said in the name of this thread... you find them, but they are the visitors here on this forum..

Not the ones who lives in Isaan...

Glegolo

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am fully accepted in my village. After a good afternoon at the local Mom 'n' Pop store getting myself fully "Leo"ed up, on staggering home the children coming running out from their houses and, as a mark of respect, throw pebbles in my direction and shout "Lung Kee Mao", which i understand to mean "Pillar of the Community" or something similar.

I can't head into the local amphur as I haven't (or can't afford to) paid the tax on my 2002 Honda Dream, which my wife appreciates as she doesn't want any of those horrible Farang to give me funny ideas about family life. She, by the way, handles all my financial affairs including my pension from overseas. Bless her; she's investing for our future .. in something .... what a Gal

Life is good!

Good post , clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Seems to me, after meeting many people that settled down in Isaan, you can divide them into three groups.

Those who moved there because the wife/GF said so.

Those who have limited financial resources and need to stretch them out.

Nutters.

Can't you be all three? Anyway, it still beats pattaya for this isaanite.

Seems to me, after meeting many people that settled down in Isaan, you can divide them into three groups.

Those who moved there because the wife/GF said so.

Those who have limited financial resources and need to stretch them out.

Nutters.

Can't you be all three? Anyway, it still beats pattaya for this isaanite.

Insane , ite , come to mind ,

Bttopic , there are many know all , Arschholess, Aka ass oles, on the Isaan forums , jing clap2.gifclap2.gif

"If you find yourself in Hell, keep going." Winston Churchill.

This is beginning to remind me of the evening news reader who starts off by saying "Good evening" and then goes on to explain why it is'nt.

I would just like to say that the original post was a really nice sentiment from someone who seems comfortable in his own skin and happy in his surroundings.

Maybe not what all of us have but something to aspire to. I enjoyed it.

I can do about three days and climbing the walls, surrounded by rice fields, insects a dodgy water supply and no internet is not my idea of fun at all. The main pastimes seem to be drinking, catching fish and incest blink.png

I don't see any rice fields when I look out of my windows. There's no dodgy water supply and fiber internet is pretty fast.

You must be a real perv who's drinking, never catching a fish, but into incest.

I've made some good Thai friends in 15 year being here, know where to go to when anything breaks down and I really don't understand your bitterness.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes as said in the name of this thread... you find them, but they are the visitors here on this forum..

Glegolo

Psst.."Pattaya Dave", "Phuket Chris", "Patong Phil" and all the others will beat the <deleted>' out of you.

Thanks for the nice post. On each train sits an idiot.

Glegolo

Psst.."Pattaya Dave", "Phuket Chris", "Patong Phil" and all the others will beat the <deleted>' out of you.

Yes maybe if you blindfold me first, tie my hands behnd my back, and cut off both my legs.. THAN I am sure i will be beaten by these dangeroius old old guys, in stinky dirty t-shirts and pee-in-shorts..

Glegolo

At the risk of being a trifle too anarchic for the moderators....

Are there any foreigners or Thai here who play chess or backgammon and who may want to discuss a book or two or (just possibly) the international news?

Rather than their pensions and how many baht one spends on a cup of coffee?

Please note the word "foreigner" here rather than "farang" and I will leave it at that.

I would like to start by mentioning Louis de Bernieres' splendid novel "Birds Without Wings" set in a small town in Turkey between 1912 and 1923 and how a community of Muslims,Christians and Armenians falls apart under the continuing stress of war, to the ruination of all three.

Any other books that one might care to mention?

Are there any foreigners or Thai here who play chess or backgammon and who may want to discuss a book or two or (just possibly) the international news?

Please note the word "foreigner" here rather than "farang" and I will leave it at that.

I would like to start by mentioning Louis de Bernieres' splendid novel "Birds Without Wings" set in a small town in Turkey between 1912 and 1923 and how a community of Muslims,Christians and Armenians falls apart under the continuing stress of war, to the ruination of all three.

"One flew over the cuckoo's nest", comes to mind.

Wherein Kesey often used the word "poozle". In the book, The Chief is a much more complex character and serves as the narrator which upset Kesey when such was not the case in the movie.

BTW Kesey's Sometimes a Great Notion is a less well-known but also a great book.

Glegolo

Yes maybe if you blindfold me first, tie my hands behnd my back, and cut off both my legs.. THAN I am sure i will be beaten by these dangeroius old old guys, in stinky dirty t-shirts and pee-in-shorts..

Glegolo

THEN or THAN? Grammar cops are already on your arse". Guess you meant these "muscle T-shirts" and "peed in shorts?" smile.png

I agree.

The movie was much more more simplistic then the book but is that not ever the way?

J.P McMurphy is caught in a situation from which,for all his rebelliousness,he cannot escape whereas we assume that the chief in one way or the other, did somehow attain freedom.

Mind you it is over thirty years since I read Kesey but I did find him very interesting.

Have you read any William T.Vollmann?

Have you any thoughts on Pres.Obama's visit to the region?

By the way,I am not looking for a fight as I am a newbie and merely seeking out people on this area who might like to discuss such things.I guess I just had to start somewhere..

Cheers.

Moderators, kill these posts about damn books, off topic at worst!!!

Glegolo

Glegolo

Glegolo

THEN or THAN? Grammar cops are already on your arse". Guess you meant these "muscle T-shirts" and "peed in shorts?" smile.png

Thanks for the lesson, have a hard time with than and then,,, but contrary to many of you native speakers I have full grasp of there, and their, no problem..

So with that being said, do you have some kind of a grammatic note, explaining how and when to use then and than... I always make the wrong choice....

Thanks

Glegolo

Thanks for the lesson, have a hard time with than and then,,, but contrary to many of you native speakers I have full grasp of there, and their, no problem..

So with that being said, do you have some kind of a grammatic note, explaining how and when to use then and than... I always make the wrong choice....

Then refers to time, one thing happening after another. Than is a comparison, less than, more than, bigger than, etc. It is really quite simple.

True, with the exception of "lostinisaan" most posters are appropriate.

I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member

Groucho Marx

----------------------------

Close....but the actual quote was I believe, "I wouldn't want to join any club that would accept me as a member."

Then refers to time, one thing happening after another. Than is a comparison, less than, more than, bigger than, etc. It is really quite simple.

Great many thanks villagefalang!!

Now maybe I can make much less mistakes "than" before.... That was right??

Glegolo

Have you any thoughts on Pres.Obama's visit to the region? What region?

The region is generally called South East Asia-a legacy of the British Empire, one presumes.

Pres. Obama of the USA has been in Vietnam for the last week.

Oh -- when I have any thoughts, I'll post 'em.

To the overly nested post above on their and there, he left out they're ... but as books may be off-topic as I would agree, the topic IS about A--holes and he appropriately responded to that.

To the overly nested post above on their and there, he left out they're ... but as books may be off-topic as I would agree, the topic IS about A--holes and he appropriately responded to that.

Thanks Mr Crap, you seems to be a very nice person as well..clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Glegolo

" My Private Dancer" comes to mind.

private_dancer.pdf

True, with the exception of "lostinisaan" most posters are appropriate.

I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member

Groucho Marx

----------------------------

Close....but the actual quote was I believe, "I wouldn't want to join any club that would accept me as a member."

Cglosthimforum? It seems that you don't find your Phuket forum anymore. Buy some reading glasses and change your medication.

Haloperidol makes some people to living zombies, you're a great example. Get well soon, mate. !!

Archived