New Ferry Route

Bsd

On top of the extra services that Lomprayah added last week, Raja have just started a new route (I guess if you have been around long enough this is just restarting an old route).

Koh Phangan <-> Koh Samui, twice daily. Leaving Thongsala at 7am and 3pm and Lipa Noi at 9am and 5pm. So anyone that needs to get a vehicle between the islands no longer has to make the trip to the mainland first.

Please no comments about the condition of the boats we all know what they are like.

Good news, sometimes I want to bring visiting friends to Phangan for a (2) daytrip, would be great to do it with the own car.

Anyhow I hope we will have some news soon about the hopefully coming connection to Sri Ratcha. Anyone got some updates?

The reason why this was stopped a few years back (I was told) was due to many overloaded trucks taking sand from KP to KS!

Does anyone know if this is true, and if so what stops it happening again?

Never heard that story before, I always though that what killed it the previous time was that they kept cutting back the service, I believe in the end it was only 1 trip a day, 3 days a week.

I guess the video from a month or so ago shows that nothing will stop overloaded trucks boarding the ferries.