Robbers charged over attack on dad and daughter in Bangkok

webfact

‘Purple Drank’ robbers charged over attack on dad and daughter
By Coconuts Bangkok

screenshot_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Two young men have been charged over the robbery and physical assault of a father and daughter while they were walking home in Bangkok’s Suan Luang district last week after CCTV footage of the attack went viral.

The victim Panurat Boonjaras, 22, said she was heading home late from work, so her father Chaiwat Boonjaras, 53 met her at the beginning of Soi Srinakarin 11 to walk her home around 3:30am on Nov. 22.

Two men on a motorbike, later identified as Eakkarin Tasa, 26, Assada Nitisakha, 19, cut in front of the victims and attacked them.

Eakkarin and Assada reportedly kicked the dad until he fell onto the ground, then used a knife to threaten his daughter for her purse.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/02/purple-drank-robbers-charged-over-attack-dad-and-daughter

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-02

Wow.

Today while waiting for my motorbike to get a new tire and oil change. Two Thai men wanted to know my opinion about; Corruption, High rates of road deaths, and crime.

Here ThaiVisa offers a platform. When will a platform exist for Thais?

I feel we have common ground, but just as those Thais who share our anger, will never change the reality. Saying I am sorry should be followed by total asset forfeiture along with equal punishment.

"Ekkarin and Assada also apologized to the victims at a police press conference yesterday".

So, everything is forgiven and forgotten.

Next case.

You missed this part of the report...

"Two young men have been charged over the robbery and physical assault of a father and daughter while they were walking home in Bangkok’s Suan Luang district last week after CCTV footage of the attack went viral...

Police also arrested Anucha Gudchim, 19, over a charge of buying stolen goods after he bought bought the Samsung phone from the two men.

The police should put them in a cell, give them a birching just like they do in Singapore, and let the victims watch. Victims satisfied, and thugs taught a valuable lesson and a stern warning to others..coffee1.gif

Ahhh...you have seen how stern courts here met out punishment...

The police should put them in a cell, give them a birching just like they do in Singapore, and let the victims watch. Victims satisfied, and thugs taught a valuable lesson and a stern warning to others..coffee1.gif

Hmm, not sure that is the solution you know.

Been shown it doesn't really work across most of the world.

That's why civilised or free societies don't do it.

Edited by Bluespunk

Wow.

Today while waiting for my motorbike to get a new tire and oil change. Two Thai men wanted to know my opinion about; Corruption, High rates of road deaths, and crime.

Here ThaiVisa offers a platform. When will a platform exist for Thais?

I feel we have common ground, but just as those Thais who share our anger, will never change the reality. Saying I am sorry should be followed by total asset forfeiture along with equal punishment.

Wow, corruption, road fatalities and crime, it's almost as if the Thai gents had been reading ThaiVisa and it's three most talked about subjects. Almost unbelievable but it must be true if you posted it here.

I find it really odd that Thais should ask a farang stranger his opinion about one of the most polarising subjects to Thai people.

Do you really think that there are no Thai language forums in Thailand where locals can post their opinions?

Singapore's not civilised or free?

Very minor crime, Facebook posts are much more serious than this.

Minor crime?

Don't think those assaulted, threatened and robbed by these scum would feel as you seem to.

Does the word "sarcasm" mean anything to you?

Very minor crime, Facebook posts are much more serious than this.

Minor crime?

Don't think those assaulted, threatened and robbed by these scum would feel as you seem to.

Does the word "sarcasm" mean anything to you?

Nope.

Also I don't really have sympathy for any post by those who would use someone else's misery or terrible experience to score a cheap little political point.

Edited by Bluespunk

Singapore's not civilised or free?

Hmm a good question for you..

I'd say yes and no on different aspects of both points....

Edited by Bluespunk

I caught the CCTV images of this attack on Thai TV and it was absolutely shocking. It serves as a warning to cake care out there, as violent crime is skyrocketing.

Violent crime isn't skyrocketing.

CCTV's and smartphones are, so we hear about them more often, complete with blood, gore and soundtrack.

If you don`t know how brutal and horrific the attack was, this is the video.

Warning, it`s very upsetting.

You are right, that's shows again the brutality and ruthlessness of those youths today, but it also shows again the lack of courage of the bystander. What’s the guy doing with his dog? If I was walking my dog nobody could come close to me and a single command would be enough to get those guys hospitalized.

I caught the CCTV images of this attack on Thai TV and it was absolutely shocking. It serves as a warning to cake care out there, as violent crime is skyrocketing.

CCTV's and smartphones are, so we hear about them more often, complete with blood, gore and soundtrack.

The New York Times recently reported a massive increase in violent crime - the Thai police's own statistics (as we know, probably not worth the paper they're invented on, as they'll be on the seriously low side, and most crime goes unrecorded anyway) to the year ending September was 75, 557 cases, which represented a 63% increase on the previous year. Violent crime (not defined) was also up 17%.

I don't know what your definition of "skyrocketing" is, but mine certainly encompasses these statistics of the Thai police.

The New York Times recently reported a massive increase in violent crime - the Thai police's own statistics (as we know, probably not worth the paper they're invented on, as they'll be on the seriously low side, and most crime goes unrecorded anyway) to the year ending September was 75, 557 cases, which represented a 63% increase on the previous year. Violent crime (not defined) was also up 17%.

I don't know what your definition of "skyrocketing" is, but mine certainly encompasses these statistics of the Thai police.

Is that the same RTP that's seeing their gravy train and power structure being disrupted by the current government? I can't imagine why they'd be publishing statistics that would discredit the source of their funding and power woes.

i take any so called "statistics" published in this environment with a grain of salt. Unless they confirm some preconceived notion I hold dear. In that case, the statistics are good as gold.

Is that the same RTP that's seeing their gravy train and power structure being disrupted by the current government? I can't imagine why they'd be publishing statistics that would discredit the source of their funding and power woes.

i take any so called "statistics" published in this environment with a grain of salt. Unless they confirm some preconceived notion I hold dear. In that case, the statistics are good as gold.

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Yours is a totally unsupported personal opinion that crime is not skyrocketing, and I respect that.