Model behaviour: Foreign hotties support illegal model crackdown

webfact

Model behaviour: Foreign hotties support illegal model crackdown
By Coconuts Bangkok

work_permit.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A bevy of beautiful models posing and flaunting their most valuable assets - their work permits - were the highlight at a conference yesterday announcing a clampdown on illegal foreign models in Thailand.

The Ministry of Labor yesterday vowed to jail unlicensed models and employers as it hit back at those pretty faces that earn big money in the country without paying taxes.

Also at the conference were the Thai Modeling Industry and Agencies Association, along with 30 Thai and foreign models including big names like Khemanit Jamikorn, Yossavadee Hassadeevichit and Sabina Meisinger.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2015/12/02/model-behaviour-foreign-hotties-support-illegal-model-crackdown

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-12-02

Maybe the PM should also look into the other grey industries that do not pay tax on their earnings like the extortion and protection rackets run by the politicians, police and big crime families that are so rife in the Kingdom.

Edited by Basil B

It seems to me that over the many years I have been in Thailand the number of illegal workers has grown.

This has led me to one of two conclusions. Either more people are happy to work illegally in the 21st century or the system Thailand employs to get people onto the books legally simply is a hangover from the pre-sukothai era and not fit for purpose.

I am just not sure which?

Definitely the latter.

It seems to me that over the many years I have been in Thailand the number of illegal workers has grown.

This has led me to one of two conclusions. Either more people are happy to work illegally in the 21st century or the system Thailand employs to get people onto the books legally simply is a hangover from the pre-sukothai era and not fit for purpose.

Maybe the PM should also look into the other grey industries that do not pay tax on their earnings like the extortion and protection rackets run by the politicians, police and big crime families that are so rife in the Kingdom.

As ever here ' grey ' means too close to home.

They do not look to hot to me and by the looks of things Russians. The Pm is buliding bridges with the Russia PM how cosey.

What a waste of time and money and those Russians will do anything to stop competition. Just a complete waste of time I would say.

Problem is Thailand requires skilled workers...

But those who govern fail to grasp the problem and issue more work permits to outsiders and make the country attractive to smaller entrepreneurs, instead favouring the big multi internationals that bribe their way in and do not benefit Thailand at all.

As a result of skills shortages and bribery Thailand's Aviation is rife with people who should not be doing the jobs they are doing and as such they are now on the American FAA hit list.

Edited by Basil B

I'd prefer if the press would drop the "hottie" or whatever when talking about models. 99% of them look horrible, which is understandable, as their job is to stand out. Looking like a skeleton will get that done.

Anyway, how many falangs in the photo? Three?

My understanding is this ridiculously publicised uber-"crackdown' on the heinous threat to society that these "models" pose whilst working without a permit is being driven by - surprise surprise - someone who is very well connected and who owns a modelling agency.

They do not look to hot to me and by the looks of things Russians. The Pm is buliding bridges with the Russia PM how cosey.

What a waste of time and money and those Russians will do anything to stop competition. Just a complete waste of time I would say.

Like many who follow the visa and work permit laws here legally, they are just pissed off that they have to go through all the hassles of getting the visa and for paying taxes when the "illegals" do not. The process now of getting the correct visas has been made extremely difficult, largely to do with all the cheats. I have been trying to renew my O visa (marriage) and had to jump through many hoops because they are basically labelling all foreigners as visa cheats until proven otherwise.

I am sure, or is this a trick question? blink.png

My understanding is this ridiculously publicised uber-"crackdown' on the heinous threat to society that these "models" pose whilst working without a permit is being driven by - surprise surprise - someone who is very well connected and who owns a modelling agency.

Now why is that NOT a surprise.

The Ministry of Labor yesterday vowed to jail unlicensed models and employers as it hit back at those pretty faces that earn big money in the country without paying taxes.

I paid 33% tax to the modeling agency that represented me on each earning when I was into modeling.

I'd prefer if the press would drop the "hottie" or whatever when talking about models. 99% of them look horrible, which is understandable, as their job is to stand out. Looking like a skeleton will get that done.

Anyway, how many falangs in the photo? Three?

Most models are unexceptional, warpaint and photoshop being a must to make them look passable, and then only in the eye of the photographer.

I'm always surprise to see how easy it is for foreign factory workers to get working permits that are easily renewed each year with minimum requirements, compare to normal foreigners who try to apply for working permits.

Apart from having to change their names every 4 years.

But yes the rich want an uneducated population to be their low paid exploited workers. Educated people that may change that aren't wanted here.

At least it allows them and their grown up spoilt children to believe that their business success is all down to their intelligence and hard work.

I don't understand.

There are thousands of beautiful woman in Thailand already, and if beauty is the required " skill" then employing farangs to wear nice cloths and strut their stuff, seems ridiculouse

On top of which, Thai models would probably be cheaper

Also, many models change to an acting career, so by giving visas to farang models, Thailand is harming itself, while depriving the ever growing entertainment industry of new people.