Supreme Court not allow Yingluck to leave kingdom

snoop1130

The Thai Supreme Court made the right decision on this one. The moment I read about that invitation, it sounded suspicious. When Yingluck's situation is resolved, and she is left to live her life in peace, she will have many opportunities to speak to the world. (Of course, Yingluck already does through her facebook page.) Yingluck made some mistakes by trusting too many corrupt people in her administrations. She will be OK. Prime Minister/General Prayut Chan-o-Cha will make sure that Yingluck is treated fairly. It is in Thailand's best interests to reconcile in a way that benefits everyone in a good way.post-249427-0-71147700-1449114094_thumb.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thai Supreme Court made the right decision on this one. The moment I read about that invitation, it sounded suspicious. When Yingluck's situation is resolved, and she is left to live her life in peace, she will have many opportunities to speak to the world. (Of course, Yingluck already does through her facebook page.) Yingluck made some mistakes by trusting too many corrupt people in her administrations. She will be OK. Prime Minister/General Prayut Chan-o-Cha will make sure that Yingluck is treated fairly. It is in Thailand's best interests to reconcile in a way that benefits everyone in a good way.attachicon.gifThailand Yingluck Thaksin Yingluck son bowing temple.jpg

Prime Minister/General Prayut Chan-o-Cha will make sure that Yingluck is treated fairly

What drugs are you taking? Pan-O would like nothing better than to personally shoot her in the head. He hates, and has loathing for ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that is connected to the Shins in any way. He can't stand the fact that the international community thinks he is a fool, while most regard Yingluck as a victim of his ILLEGAL COUP.

Treated fairly.....what a joke! coffee1.gif

I do not want take sides here.

My hope is, that the police, army or who ever, stop this big ja- baa trade.

100 million pills and more with one transport.

Whether YL travels to Europe or not,

if you love your own people, you prevent, that this drug brings misfortune to your own people.

Narcotics need a smart approach.....Most important is to take the money out of it and the money is huge and the people well connected (also with police, military and who ever).

So without any convictions she is basically being help prisoner anyway.

"...the court said the invitation was insufficient reason..."

...and just exactly what would be a sufficient reason? This is not going to play very well with the EU and the rest of the free world.

Sounds like a sensible decision which is not really debatable by those not personally aquainted with the entire saga of this little gal and her and her families traits. That ''rabbit'' gene seems to follow you for a lifetime once it is displayed. Then you add the similarity to family and association with same, a tight rein on the bit is a sensible decision.

Unlike her brother every time she has left the country she has returned so your point is invalid

Yessss......but you only don't need to return once to escape justice, just ask her brother!! He returned every time to Thailand before, except for the time that he didn't, when the day of deliverance got closer.

Sounds like a sensible decision which is not really debatable by those not personally aquainted with the entire saga of this little gal and her and her families traits. That ''rabbit'' gene seems to follow you for a lifetime once it is displayed. Then you add the similarity to family and association with same, a tight rein on the bit is a sensible decision.

Unlike her brother every time she has left the country she has returned so your point is invalid

Thaksin came back every time exept one time.

No surprise there.

So let me get this right.

Yingluck is in a legal case which in turn means she is innocent until proven guilty and is not allowed to visit the EU but the deputy defence minister general Udomdej who is being investigated for corruption in the Rajabhakti Park scandal is permitted and even encouraged by the PM to stay on as the deputy defence minister.

Go figure.

Linking the unconnected - a normal Shin apologist ruse.

She is in a legal case, and the courts have decided she is a run away risk. Hardly surprising as her brother promised to come back, but never did.

General Udomdej has not been charged with any offence. No need to be presumed innocent of anything as no charges have been made. Should there be charges, then that would be a different matter. But being slagged off by terrorists out on bail, Jat and Nat, the non democratic red shirt leaders, is nothing but their hot political air, unless they prove otherwise.

The test of the court's fairness lies in its reasoning for denying her travel. But all the court can state is -

"the invitation was insufficient reason"

The court has no judicial grounds per se, no legal analysis that it could cite to deny her trip other than the right to deny her request. The court essentially takes a vague and seemingly arbritary position that relies on no legal standard or precedence. Equality under this court is simply that which pleases the court who is quite aware of its masters expectations under Article 44 of the Interim Charter.

The court's denial lacks sufficient reason.

The EU ministers accomplished the purpose of their invitation - to show that the current government holds a vendetta against democracy.

No doubt the NCPO has a very strong influence on the court decision. But what really is harmful to the junta if Yingluck give her democracy speech. The domestic audience is already hardened and divided and we will get the same retort from both sides and no grounds will be made. The junta spin masters will go into high gear to condemn the speech and so forth. The international audience already know full well of the situation here even so in this age and time. The international governments have embassies here and they submit reports to their respective governments. The junta have absolute power now and unlkely to be threatened by a speech. Then they have the extra bonus if she don't return and all the accusations by the junta will be vindicated by their spin masters. Really no harm letting her go. In fact letting her go will give the junta some brownie points for easing basic human rights and maybe lifting some pressure from the internal governments. The junta continue to make silly judgement errors.

"...is harmful to the junta if Yingluck give her democracy speech...".

Somehow I think you made an error in your typing.

Yingluck give her democracy speech?

Is it a speech or is it a two way discussion and Q and A?

How can that be? She doesn't have the slighest idea what democracy means / is / the process, etc etc.

The same speech she gave in the central Asian country?

If it's a speech then no doubt someone else would write the speech.

If there are no questions then what's the value of the whole event? How could it be seen widely as balanced?

If the speech still resonate in your mind after 3 years, it just be good speech especially the kick in the groin harsh comment about the '06 coup. Fast forward to the present coup and we still see the same shit and really need another kick in the groin. I think a lot more Thais will like that.

...and just exactly what would be a sufficient reason? This is not going to play very well with the EU and the rest of the free world.

The only people in the EU who might be remotely interested are the 2 old veteran CDU federalist MEP's who signed the letter. Their motives for issuing that letter are still unclear.

She is in an ongoing trial as the defendant. She freely admits to regular contact with a criminal fugitive.

If only Thai courts would stop more criminals from doing a runner too.

The test of the court's fairness lies in its reasoning for denying her travel. But all the court can state is -

The court has no judicial grounds per se, no legal analysis that it could cite to deny her trip other than the right to deny her request. The court essentially takes a vague and seemingly arbritary position that relies on no legal standard or precedence. Equality under this court is simply that which pleases the court who is quite aware of its masters expectations under Article 44 of the Interim Charter.

The EU ministers accomplished the purpose of their invitation - to show that the current government holds a vendetta against democracy.

No doubt the NCPO has a very strong influence on the court decision. But what really is harmful to the junta if Yingluck give her democracy speech. The domestic audience is already hardened and divided and we will get the same retort from both sides and no grounds will be made. The junta spin masters will go into high gear to condemn the speech and so forth. The international audience already know full well of the situation here even so in this age and time. The international governments have embassies here and they submit reports to their respective governments. The junta have absolute power now and unlkely to be threatened by a speech. Then they have the extra bonus if she don't return and all the accusations by the junta will be vindicated by their spin masters. Really no harm letting her go. In fact letting her go will give the junta some brownie points for easing basic human rights and maybe lifting some pressure from the internal governments. The junta continue to make silly judgement errors.

How can that be? She doesn't have the slighest idea what democracy means / is / the process, etc etc.

If there are no questions then what's the value of the whole event? How could it be seen widely as balanced?

If the speech still resonate in your mind after 3 years, it just be good speech especially the kick in the groin harsh comment about the '06 coup. Fast forward to the present coup and we still see the same shit and really need another kick in the groin. I think a lot more Thais will like that.

AFAIK she was invited by 2 CDU veteran MEPs for a discussion and exchange of views. This was a meeting with them. Not an opportunity to give a speech to the EU parliament, or any committee.

Vendetta against democracy - absolute lunacy for anyone to still pretend the Shin clan and the crooked leader are remotely interested in democracy. Elections, providing they win them for sure; but law, order, justice, meritocracy, freedom of speech, and most importantly transparency through checks and balance - forget it.

PTP wanted the biggest off the books loan, away from all parliamentary scrutiny, and to whitewash Thaksin's conviction, bail jumping and 15 or so serious outstanding criminal cases, such as the Krungthai Bank fraud case; his misuse of public money; his changing laws himself for personal gain etc etc. And of course put him and themselves above all laws in the future.

Easy to understand why some MEP's would find the PTP brand of politics interesting and appealing.

The Thai Supreme Court made the right decision on this one. The moment I read about that invitation, it sounded suspicious. When Yingluck's situation is resolved, and she is left to live her life in peace, she will have many opportunities to speak to the world. (Of course, Yingluck already does through her facebook page.) Yingluck made some mistakes by trusting too many corrupt people in her administrations. She will be OK. Prime Minister/General Prayut Chan-o-Cha will make sure that Yingluck is treated fairly. It is in Thailand's best interests to reconcile in a way that benefits everyone in a good way.attachicon.gifThailand Yingluck Thaksin Yingluck son bowing temple.jpg

Prime Minister/General Prayut Chan-o-Cha will make sure that Yingluck is treated fairly

What drugs are you taking? Pan-O would like nothing better than to personally shoot her in the head. He hates, and has loathing for ANYTHING & EVERYTHING that is connected to the Shins in any way. He can't stand the fact that the international community thinks he is a fool, while most regard Yingluck as a victim of his ILLEGAL COUP.

Ah, poor Yingluck, the innocent pretty victim.

"It wasn't me, I wasn't told, I didn't know, give me 6 months, give me 90 days, just trust us, my helicopter can't fly at night, I make all the decisions, there won't be any cabinet reshuffle, I handpick the cabinet, prices aren't going up - it's your imagination and the hot weather, there is nothing wrong in the rice scheme, there is no corruption in my government, go home - I vow you will be paid next week" etc etc etc

The Thai people - treated fairly? Certainly not by Yingluck her crooked brother or any of their clan.

"It wasn't me, I wasn't told, I didn't know, give me 6 months, give me 90 days, just trust us, my helicopter can't fly at night, I make all the decisions, there won't be any cabinet reshuffle, I handpick the cabinet, prices aren't going up - it's your imagination and the hot weather, there is nothing wrong in the rice scheme, there is no corruption in my government, go home - I vow you will be paid next week" etc etc etc

The Thai people - treated fairly? Certainly not by Yingluck her crooked brother or any of their clan.

but wait you forgot " oh i promiss after i spend this 15 billion bart from IMF on fixing the flood problem . Bangkok will never have another flood ,ever." Hahaha Oh dont start me hehehe wait wait heres another one. " ive promissed to use 15billion bart from IMF to subsidies the rubber farmers. I will buy from them at 100 bart per kilo . Much better than the 60 bart per kilo they are getting now" BWHHHHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA. oh im so pretty ,believe me i wouldnt lie. Oops a fire in the main rubber shed in the south. Oops guess we will never know how much rubber was in the shed now will we. .................... english translation of that is. Nobody will know how much we sell to china and put the billions in our pockets . Thats after puting billions in our pockets that were supposed to go to the rubber farmers...shhhhhh.

This wasnt mentioned because most of her voters are from the north and eastern rice growing areas. So its important to win those voters back. Without them its over for ys gov.

Shhhhhhhhhh

Cheers Cobbler

The only people in the EU who might be remotely interested are the 2 old veteran CDU federalist MEP's who signed the letter. Their motives for issuing that letter are still unclear.

She is in an ongoing trial as the defendant. She freely admits to regular contact with a criminal fugitive.

If only Thai courts would stop more criminals from doing a runner too.

If you read the letter of invitation you will see their motive is very clear.

I'm sure the European Parliament will be thoroughly impressed by the junta's dedication to personal liberty and freedom of speech.

These guys are making serious strides in the world oppressive regimes' rankings. Well done!

nothing to do with the Junta. it is a logical action by the Supreme court whilst she is being prosecuted. Same in every country.

so why do you guys always site the Junta for everything that happens in Thaland. Do you do it for kicks, with nothing better to do?

t

junta

I'm sure the European Parliament will be thoroughly impressed by the junta's dedication to personal liberty and freedom of speech.

These guys are making serious strides in the world oppressive regimes' rankings. Well done!

Do you think that any person in the USA, UK or the EU who is in the middle of a court case would be permitted by the courts to go on a jolly to another country.

Do you believe that the court case should be put on hold (at great expense) just because Yingluck gets an invitation to go to the EU. An invitation which has no specific dates mentioned. She may be able to go at the end of the court case depending on what the verdict will be.

If those two gentlemen from the EU think it is that important they can always get a first class flight (not on a Thai airline) come to Thailand and stay ina 5 star hotel at the EU's expense and get in some duty free Xmas shopping as well.

Who knows, they could even meet different Thai people and perhaps learn more about the country and the people of Thailand.

Yes the USA allows you to travel abroad with a court case in process. But really, do they want an ex-prime minister under charges for dereliction of duty etc... talking to the EU parliment about the political situation in Thailand? Be real......allowing that would simply be stupid.

nothing to do with the Junta. it is a logical action by the Supreme court whilst she is being prosecuted. Same in every country.

so why do you guys always site the Junta for everything that happens in Thaland. Do you do it for kicks, with nothing better to do?

t

junta

nope its because they r married to redskirt supporters. Smmirk giggle squweeeeek FART OOPS . BWHHHHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA

That is rather funny!

Ironic or naive?

Is this a serious question? Anyway I wager a quess. They are the coup government and involved in all the boo boo that are happening in Thailand.

t

junta

The Thai people had the opportunity to pass their verdict on Yingluck, Pheu Thai and yes, by extension, on Thaksin himself.

Remind us would you, who removed that opportunity, and who continues to deny it them?

No surprise there.

So let me get this right.

Yingluck is in a legal case which in turn means she is innocent until proven guilty and is not allowed to visit the EU but the deputy defence minister general Udomdej who is being investigated for corruption in the Rajabhakti Park scandal is permitted and even encouraged by the PM to stay on as the deputy defence minister.

Go figure.

Have you ever heard of the expression: As different as chalk and cheese?

Yingluck is in the middle of a court case about negligence.

AFAIK Gen Udomdej has not been charged with anything which to quote yourself, he also is innocent until proven guilty and he hasn't been charged with anything at all.

If you believe that he is guilty and have the evidence proving it then give it to the police. If not it is only your opinion.

And like you and everyone else on TV, I am entitled to my opinion.

And quite frankly, you're missing the point. But no point in trying to explain it to you because you and your usual cohorts only see what you want to see.

It is you who are missing the point,

quote Idiablo "But no point in trying to explain it to you because you and your usual cohorts only see what you want to see."

The mid Asia speech was not a good speech on any scale.

The Thai people had the opportunity to pass their verdict on Yingluck, Pheu Thai and yes, by extension, on Thaksin himself.

Remind us would you, who removed that opportunity, and who continues to deny it them?

does voting in thai even count when 500 bart will buy the vote. This means that the top end of town need a lot more than 500 bart to be bought. While 500 bart is all it takes to buy the bottom end of town.

Powers to be would look pretty stupid if they let her go. Everybody would be saying when she didnt return " HAHAHAor5555555 didnt they learn anything from the brother leaving the country, they are sooooo stupid . Did they really think she was going to come back?" Then the next relative could do it all over again. Its so obvious

Up to now, but the heat is not really on her yet and I am sure there would be plenty who would criticize not taking this precautionary measure to keep her in Country, if she were to fleet foot it out of the Country when things get really hot. You also need to bear in mind the eye watering sums of money that appear to be unaccounted for and that someone needs to be held to account which should be whoever was in charge - that sounds like the Chairman to me?! It would be more advantageous if you look at this from an objective rather than a subjective view. Not that I am saying the Lady is Guilty, but the Courts must ensure they are not held up to ridicule if the Lady does do a runner - seems common sense to me and a very valid point.wai.gif

You might be interested to know that any Thai person can sue a criminal case against a foreigner with no police involved at all and the court will seize your passport. The case has to be accepted first which is simply achieved by sending the case papers to any address so the process completes by default. Thais have house registrations that red to be checked and foreigners report addresses to immigration but no process requires a lawyer to check with immigration hence a wonderful loophole to allow Thais to disadvantage foreigners and of course no one gives a damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by timewilltell

Hasn't she already left Thailand a couple of times and come back? Seems to me this is about not wanting her to speak to anyone in the European Parliament as it might embarrass the junta. This is about politics not flight risk and it makes Thailand look extremely stupid.