I am in Pattaya, where do i go to get a tourist visa extension?

Hi,

I entered Thailand via air 2 weeks ago as tourist from France.

as the 30 days visa will expire in two weeks, where do I go to get an extension and how longer will they allow me to stay?

I heard the thai embassy in Vientiane will give me a 2 months visa, is that correct?

thank you so much

ok but the extension will be for how long?

An extension to the 30 day "visa exempt " entry can be applied for at any immigration office.The fee is 1900 Bht.

A single entry 60 day tourist visa can be obtained from Vientiane.

ok but the extension will be for how long?

An extension to the 30 day "visa exempt " entry can be applied for at any immigration office.The fee is 1900 Bht.

A single entry 60 day tourist visa can be obtained from Vientiane.

The extension will be for 30 days.

Just reread the title whistling.gif

You are in Pattaya, so go to immigration office in Jomtien (over the hill), Soi 5, Jomtien beach road.

Monday to Friday, closed on Monday 7th and Thursday 10th due to holidays.

Passport with departure card, photo 4*6 cm, form TM7 to be filled on site.

And indeed you are NOT on a tourist visa (60 days) but you entered without visa (visa exemption, 30 days).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

You are in Pattaya, so go to immigration office in Jomtien (over the hill), Soi 5, Jomtien beach road.

And indeed you are NOT on a tourist visa (60 days) but you entered without visa (visa exemption, 30 days).

hi

thank you for your reply; can I ask you what are my options once the additional 30 days expire? do I have to leave the country and come back? (or for ex can I fly to Vientiane and get a 2 month visa)

thank you for your reply; can I ask you what are my options once the additional 30 days expire? do I have to leave the country and come back? (or for ex can I fly to Vientiane and get a 2 month visa)

Another extension is not granted.

Going to Laos (Vientiane or Savannakhet) and get a tourist visa would be the most reputable method.

Flying to Vientiane is expensive.

Most travelers fly to Udon Thani and continue to the friendship bridge at Nong Khai/Vientiane overland.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Going to Laos (Vientiane or Savannakhet) and get a tourist visa would be the most reputable method.

Most travelers fly to Udon Thani and continue to the friendship bridge at Nong Khai/Vientiane overland.

In addition to this, if you are in Pattaya there are Visa Run Companies that have trips to secure a Visa in Vientiane.

For example: http://fivestarvisaruns.com/whatsincluded.php#laos

But please note, the info on that page is outdated, and you CAN'T get a Double Entry but CAN get a Single Entry Tourist Visa.

thank you ;-) been so helpful; if you were here in Pattaya id offer you a drink; lol

truth is I would love to live permanently in Thailand; find a 5 or 10 yrs visa would be my dream

khun,

may I ask you how long it will take to Vientiane to process the 2 month extension visa?

I mean do people book a one way flight to Udon Thani or they book a round trip ticket beforehand with 2-3 days interval?

Does not Jomtien now require TM 30 for extension, or he will be fined for an additional 800B as well as refused extension?

Does not Jomtien now require TM 30 for extension, or he will be fined for an additional 800B as well as refused extension?

That depends upon where he is staying. If staying at a hotel, guest house and etc that does the reports online he would just need a receipt as proof of address. If not then he would need a TM30.