September 4 - Italy

September 18 - Singapore

October 2 - Malaysia

October 9 - Japan

October 23 - USA**

October 30 - Mexico

November 13 - Brazil

November 27 - Abu Dhabi

https://www.formula1.com/content/fom-website/en/latest/headlines/2015/12/f1-2016-calendar-confirmed.html

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F1. The sport of conserving tyres. Conserving engines. Saving fuel. Overtaking in the pits. Grid penalties. Time penalties. Pit lane stop and goes. Pit lane drive throughs. Tracks with huge run off areas. etc etc etc.

I am sure it was better with Mansell, Prost, Senna and co.

Short version: endurance racing ;)

• 3 months later...

Lewis on pole for a whitewash

Quickest in P1, P2, P3, Q1, Q2 & Q3.

Bit of an anti climax with no cars on track for the last 5 minutes of Q3, but then what do you expect from a sport controlled by a geriatric old fool in need of the services of a paediatric psychiatrist?

They must do some changes to the qualifications. Maybe keep the formula, but add extra set of tires to be used in Q3.

Or they could do a new Golden points rule to make the races more interesting.

Each point gives the driver and/or team 0.5kg gold pellet. This gold must be added to the car, which makes it heavier. Few kg does not matter too much, but when leading car is 10-30kg heavier than others, it start to slow the car down.

At the end of the season, the driver gets 50% of the gold as a bonus and the team gets the other half to be shared with the whole team.

What a shambles! Teams not understanding the 90 second clock, sending their cars out too late to have a hope of getting a lap in.

As the Fox Sports commentators said: "Pretty much a disaster". I totally agree.

And Bernie the white haired dwarf should still be in jail.

Even Bernie has called it a disaster.

Maybe it could be tweaked so everyone uses mediums or another tyre that is good for the whole session. Stops this problem of people not being able to get out and set a faster lap once the countdown starts. Also let someone finish the lap they are on instead of only after the chequered flag. All the suspense was killed when maybe three drivers at once got out of their cars and downed tools because they realised they couldn't get out.

Back to last season's qualifying.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

To add. Bernie said a few hours after qualifying, that the changes were to stop Mercedes always being 1st & 2nd. Which makes me think he missed qualifying and he hates Mercedes.

I don't think Bernie hates Mercedes, he just wants more excitement to the races.

Now, before the first race of the season, it seems that there is only one team, which can win this years championship, which makes F1 boring. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think Bernie hates Mercedes, he just wants more excitement to the races.

Now, before the first race of the season, it seems that there is only one team, which can win this years championship, which makes F1 boring. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't recall him being too concerned when it was Ferrari who benefit from his charity fund.

I don't recall him being too concerned when it was Ferrari who benefit from his charity fund.

Or Red Bull...

Very exciting first race of the season so far. And a massive crash from Alonso!!

Shows how well built the cars are.

One thing the FIA has done well.

Without the research and rules imposed by the FIA Alonso would not have walked from that one.

Seems silly that on one hand the FIA is making the sport safer and the you get the "Commercial Rights" chump wanting qualifying to be a lottery... the principle behind qualifying is to put the fastest cars at the front so they are not crashing into slower cars at the start.

Great result for Grosjean in the Haas on their first race.

A lot of Max's pit radio seemed unsuitable for pre-watershed :)

Max was screwed big time by Sainz. Max informed pits his tires were gone and wanted to pits. Pits confirmed they were ready. Then Sainz, who was closer to the pits, pitted and took Max' slot. Subsequently when Max came in less than a minute later the team wasn't ready yet. So he lost valuable time. As a result he came back on track P11 instead of P6, and then was stuck behind Sainz who although slower the entire race wouldn't let him pass. Max could have easily gotten a P5 finish otherwise. His frustration is understandable, but he shouldn't so openly have expressed it during and after the race. It's time he will officially be named no1 driver in the team, to prevent a recurrence.

Archived