F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting race though...

Another poor start from Lewis, and then "T"boned by Bottas' at the first corner but he did well to just to drive the car for 57 laps... 3rd was very respectful finish given the circumstances.

Nico may be on top of the world at this time but the season has only just begun, yes he is in with a chance for the championship but Lewis will no let him take it easily.

bet tension is high in the McLaren garage as the stand in rookie driver Stoffel Vandoorne is the only driver so far to score points for the team, it was reported last year Jenson was considering jacking it in before he signed a contract for this year, and I assume Alonso is not overjoyed at the prospects of sharing a garage with another upstart who does not know his place.

I agree - good race smile.png .

Lewis cut across Bottas IMO, but I think Bottas out braked himself and would probably have hit Lewis even if he (Lewis) had kept to his outside line.

Worryingly, the top 3 drivers lapped everyone else (from memory) and even Ric and RoGro were way behind Merc and Ferrari. Kimi too way way behind Nico, which indicates Merc still way ahead, followed by Ferrari and the rest way behind again. The rest of the pack are fairly close which should give some good racing amongst the mid-field smile.png .

BBC say it's in place for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

So clearly Bernie will now resign since his views were diametrically opposite those of the teams. Right?

Oops, silly me. He owns F1, so the dwarf isn't going anywhere. dry.png

So clearly Bernie will now resign since his views were diametrically opposite those of the teams. Right?

Forget Bernie, only RBR and Mclaren (from memory) stood up to the new quali rules after Australia...

I'm suprised that there is so little chat about the last race. Has everyone left this forum for others?

Forget Bernie, only RBR and Mclaren (from memory) stood up to the new quali rules after Australia...

I'm suprised that there is so little chat about the last race. Has everyone left this forum for others?

I found it quite boring. And the commentators are beginning to p*ss me off. David Croft should be kicked off ASAP - he just doesn't know when to shut his g*b.

As I recall all teams opposed it.... that was strait after qualifying in Aus.

Recall a few years ago when a lot of the teams were looking to breakaway from F1 and start their own top formula racing... looks like they are going to topple Bernie, put the FIA in their place and take control of F1... clap2.gif

It's official, qualifying is back to the 2015 format. - BBC

Probable the worst thing any rookie reporter can do this week end is to try to interview Bernie. gigglem.gif

It's official, qualifying is back to the 2015 format. - BBC

Probable the worst thing any rookie reporter can do this week end is to try to interview Bernie. gigglem.gif

I'd like to see Martin Brundle have a go at him on the grid walk. laugh.png

Hamilton set for China grid penalty after gearbox change

Lewis Hamilton is set to carry a five-place grid penalty into this weekend's 2016 Formula 1 Pirelli Chinese Grand Prix after Mercedes were forced to make an unscheduled change of his gearbox.

The Silver Arrows discovered the world champion had sustained gearbox damage in the aftermath of the last race in Bahrain, where Hamilton and Williams' Valtteri Bottas collided at the first corner.

The team explained that the subsequent decision to replace the gearbox took into account the fact that Shanghai is a better circuit for overtaking than the next few venues on the calendar.

Ferrari is getting stronger and stronger. Kimi had a chance for the pole today, but he made an mistake.

I'm nowadays a bit of fan of Ferrari's team boss Maurizio Arrivabene, who has turned the team from the dark ages to the current glory. He is the leader, who unites the horse powers together and the results are now visible. The change started already last year and today it seems, that Ferrari can actually challenge Mercedes for the pole and victory.

Well done Ferrari, you are back in the light.

Chinese GP was interesting to watch! Lot's of happening from the first corners onwards. Rosberg managed to get away from the traffic, but otherwise everything was open.

This GP had most overtakings on F1 history. Total of 128. Previous record was from Brazil 2012, which was a wet race.

I hope the podium interviews will be like this one was. It's much more interesting to hear the drivers talking to each others, compared to the normal 'Thank you team, this is the best place to race.. etc' boring repetition, which has become the norm.

Rosberg has now 6 consecutive victories and has won all the three races of the season. Every previous times, when this has happened, the driver with 3 first wins has won the title at the end of the season.

It's only 3 races, but looks a bit like this is going to be Rosberg's year.

Lap chart of the Chinese GP.

kiinan-gp-lap-chart.jpg

Chinese GP was interesting to watch! Lot's of happening from the first corners onwards. Rosberg managed to get away from the traffic, but otherwise everything was open.

This GP had most overtakings on F1 history. Total of 128. Previous record was from Brazil 2012, which was a wet race.

I hope the podium interviews will be like this one was. It's much more interesting to hear the drivers talking to each others, compared to the normal 'Thank you team, this is the best place to race.. etc' boring repetition, which has become the norm.

The backstage chat with Seb & Kvyat was interesting, I don't think DK really did anything wrong at the first corner (and more importantly neither did the stewards!) However, Seb had a right old moan at him before they got up on the podium.

Rosberg has now 6 consecutive victories and has won all the three races of the season. Every previous times, when this has happened, the driver with 3 first wins has won the title at the end of the season.

It's only 3 races, but looks a bit like this is going to be Rosberg's year.

Lap chart of the Chinese GP.

kiinan-gp-lap-chart.jpg

Lewis certainly has had some bad luck...

And he certainly will not let Nico have an easy time.

I do not know how much damage was done to Lewis's car but I am sure there was some that prevented him getting a podium finish, looks like we will have a very exciting season.

Just remember Lewis has had his car damaged on the first lap of the last two races and finished the races with a less than perfect car where many drivers would have opted for a early shower.

Few weeks ago I thought of posting a not so serious post if Hamilton have problems with his motivation. I decided not to post, as it would have been not nice.

Now, I have to say the same. Hamiltion really have issues, which he have to overcome if he wishes to win his only real competitor, Rosberg.

The issues are not Hamilton's, from 10th to 5th in first half lap, got stuck behind Botas but up to 2nd lap 22, but unfortunately there is a 12 second gap and if anything Lewis is a better driver but by only 0.1 seconds a lap just not enough laps left for lewis to catch up.

Lap 34, Lewis certainly has not lost motivation, last few laps over a second faster than Nico now closed the gap down to 7 seconds.

Do you think Nico was going flat out... or just pacing himself to make sure he got to the finish in one piece? rolleyes.gif

It would appear from LH's comments, that is mechanics from last year are now Rosberg's mechanics, and vice versa. Make no wonder he's annoyed.

Archived