F1 2016

Basil B

So much bad luck, makes one think someone is putting a spanner or two in the works???

Told to slow due to coolant issue then when there is no chance to catch up told problem has resolved itself... bet Lewis wanted to see the technical data after the race.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

The results of the qualifications:

HAM ROS

RIC VES

RAI VET

Feels like the Max Verstappen move energized the Red Bull team to a new level.

Feels like the Max Verstappen move energized the Red Bull team to a new level.

Yeah, very surprising pace considering their lack of power. I'm looking forward to when they do their upgrades. Looks like VES is going to keep RIC on his toes.

What a great race. F1 has not been this fun for a long time.

Max has a great way to thank the new team.

Here is a photo of Kimi and Max's father Jos Verstappen during French GP 2001.

f1-french-gp-2001-jos-verstappen-and-kim

Hamilton post-35489-0-51942400-1430744543.gif

facepalm.gif

(What happened to the :jerk: smiley?)

Edit: Found it: post-35489-0-72220000-1463315233.gif

gigglem.gif

I am sure the stewards will be looking closely at Nico's sharp tug on the steering wheel to close the gate on Hamalton, running him off the track has back fired badly for Nico, lets see what the stewards think.

Anyway a great race...

If Max is on podium at Austin, there is a problem. Texas laws prohibit kinds under 21 years to drink alcohol in public. biggrin.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Texas

I don't think so they don't drink it the just spray every body else with it

And who give's a shit about Texas he could have a joint he is Dutch

If Max is on podium at Austin, there is a problem. Texas laws prohibit kinds under 21 years to drink alcohol in public. biggrin.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_laws_of_Texas

OMG...

Who wants to go to Texas where they treat young adults as kids?

Presume they will switch the bubbly to rose water or whatever they do in the Arab countries for all on the podium just in case he gets a splashed.

I am sure the stewards will be looking closely at Nico's sharp tug on the steering wheel to close the gate on Hamalton, running him off the track has back fired badly for Nico, lets see what the stewards think.

Anyway a great race...

If the positions had been reversed everyone would be saying Nico was a fool & lost it, Ham had right to defend.

Anyway a great race...

If the positions had been reversed everyone would be saying Nico was a fool & lost it, Ham had right to defend.

Jackie Stewards just put the blame on Hamilton, like Niki Lauda did earlier.

http://www.pitpass.com/56154/Stewart-Hamilton-should-be-fined

"It was all emotion," said the Scot, according to the Guardian. "First lap, desperation. That's not the way to win, not consistently. Hamilton is to blame.Rosberg was allowed to protect himself. You don't go for it on the first lap.

Alonso joining Merchedes would be disaster to Mercedes. Two drivers, who are good and have managed to get WCs. Both hugely political personalities, who love to say "I love the team, the fans are most important to me" and other jadajada PC stuff.. while meaning something entirely different. They can't work together as it would eventually destroys the work environment of 1300 engineers of Mercedes.

Merc most likely will continue Rosberg's contract as he is going to win the WC this year. Ferrari is going to keep Räikkönen as he is happy and will continue to show the speed and intelligence on the track. The drivers what Ferrari has now is the winning team. Ferrari knows how important the team spirit is and will continue with this pretty much perfect configuration for the next two years.

Max will join Ferrari in year 2019, when he is ready for the position.

Anyway a great race...

Jackie Stewards just put the blame on Hamilton, like Niki Lauda did earlier.

http://www.pitpass.com/56154/Stewart-Hamilton-should-be-fined

"It was all emotion," said the Scot, according to the Guardian. "First lap, desperation. That's not the way to win, not consistently. Hamilton is to blame.Rosberg was allowed to protect himself. You don't go for it on the first lap.

So the majority view is that Hamilton caused the crash.

As I said: post-35489-0-72220000-1463315233.gif

No i dont think Hamilton caused the crash, i think he took the only option open to him to avoid a collision, went on the grass, after that he was a passenger on his way to an accident. But Nico had right to defend, even if he was underpowered.

It was a racing incident.

No i dont think Hamilton caused the crash, i think he took the only option open to him to avoid a collision, went on the grass, after that he was a passenger on his way to an accident. But Nico had right to defend, even if he was underpowered.

It was a racing incident.

From F!Fanatic:

Who do you blame for the crash between Rosberg and Hamilton?

Rosberg is entirely to blame (9%)

Rosberg is mainly to blame (26%)

Rosberg and Hamilton are equally to blame (18%)

Hamilton is mainly to blame (29%)

Hamilton is entirely to blame (13%)

Neither are to blame (5%)

No opinion (0%)

I'll go with Lauda and Stewart:

'Stupid' Lewis Hamilton to blame for Spanish Grand Prix crash with Nico Rosberg, says Niki Lauda

Hamilton deserves to be disciplined - Stewart

"Racing incident"?, my ass exhaust pipe!

Archived