F1 2016

Basil B

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was an exciting race... unless you happen to be German, Australian, Dutch, Russian, Finish, Brazilian, Mexican, Spanish, Danish, Swiss, Swedish or Indonesian. giggle.gif

Many ruled out Lewis four weeks ago as not having a chance in hell of Keeping the Championship this year, what difference two weeks two races makes.

But Mercedes do need to sort out their starts.

Folks - can we adopt a practice (at least for couple days) of writing in clear uppercase a spoiler warming at the start of our post if we are about to talk about qualy or race results, just for those who have got round to seeing it yet

Well that was an exciting race... unless you happen to be German, Australian, Dutch, Russian, Finish, Brazilian, Mexican, Spanish, Danish, Swiss, Swedish or Indonesian. giggle.gif

Many ruled out Lewis four weeks ago as not having a chance in hell of Keeping the Championship this year, what difference two weeks two races makes.

But Mercedes do need to sort out their starts.

More accurately, Lewis needs to sort out his starts.

Yeah he literally has not had a good start since they removed the assisted clutch setting aids. Also, based upon their poor 'in the pack' performance, it is clear that the mercs are configured for optimal performance in clear air. If Ferrari or Red Bull can get in front of them we should see more challenges to their dominance.

Baku track looks really scary. Very high speeds and tight corners, where there is no space for mistakes. Look at the 8th corner.

European Grand Prix: Jenson Button and Nico Rosberg criticise Baku track

Button added that some corners "don't have any run-off at all".

Rosberg hoped governing body the FIA had stuck to the safety guidelines that govern tracks, but added: "I'm doubting it a little because of those corners."

The main areas of concern on the new track, which joins both the new and historic old parts of the city and is expected to be the fastest street circuit in F1 history, are turns three, seven and 15 and the pit-lane entry.

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/36551737

Edited by Basil B

Folks - can we adopt a practice (at least for couple days) of writing in clear uppercase a spoiler warming at the start of our post if we are about to talk about qualy or race results, just for those who have got round to seeing it yet

Why would anyone be looking here if they had not seen the race if they did not want to know what happened?

Why would anyone be looking here if they had not seen the race if they did not want to know what happened?

I'm with Basil B on this one. Free talk without constant spoiler alerts works best. The folks who don't want to read about the results need to resist the urge to read the posts :)

I think so too. In fact I'll give 5-10% chance of black flag on Sunday.

Let's see how the qualifications go when the drivers are pushing everything to the limit.

Could be a red flag Sunday I think.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Only one???

I think tyre strategy on Sunday will be based on the estimated number of Safety Cars

And no leaving it to the last minute to get a good time in on qualifying tomorrow.

It seems that the engine is the defining force on this track.

The long straight is the place to overtake, which makes it easier for the cars with best engine power.

Therefore the cars with Mercedes engines have the advantage.

This means Rosberg, Hamilton, Bottas, Massa have the advantage on this track.

The long straight is the place to overtake, which makes it easier for the cars with best engine power.

Why ? Force India looking good in P1 and P2 sessions, also use the Mercedes PU106C Hybrid engine.. Bottas is sandwiched between the 2 Force India cars, Massa is way behind.

Edited by ignis

Why ? Force India looking good in P1 and P2 sessions, also use the Mercedes PU106C Hybrid engine.. Bottas is sandwiched between the 2 Force India cars, Massa is way behind.

Force India also has the same engine advantage. I just did not remember which were all the teams which are using the Merc engine.

Could be a red flag Sunday I think.

Only one???

I think tyre strategy on Sunday will be based on the estimated number of Safety Cars

And no leaving it to the last minute to get a good time in on qualifying tomorrow.

Watching the FP and your qualifying comment was repeated almost word for word.

well if GP2 Race is anything to go by.. all that were still running scored points, many SC and VSC to clear up all the mess + cars.......... wonder who will be left in F1 tomorrow?

Edited by ignis

Qualification results.

1 ROS 2 PER
3 RIC 4 VET
5 RAI 6 MAS
7 KVY 8 BOT
9 VES 10 HAM
post-58566-0-41169800-1466259706_thumb.j

Ricardo and Vettel got the exactly same time. Ricardo made his time before and therefore he got 3rd place.
Do people still remember the qualification, few decades ago, when 3 drivers got the exactly same time as the pole driver (Schumacher if I remember correctly). There are odds, but the odds to get that result is far less than computer error. I still think that F1 had an error in their timing software at the time. Maybe even something else than an simple bug.

Rosberg was not able to perform; when facing the ultimate pressure, on the new track which separates boys from real men!

That would have been the headline if the positions had been opposites.

Who was the best driver today? Best driver, when forgetting what kind of car they were driving.

Edited by Guest

Maurice Hamilton in ESPN.

1 Vettel.

2 Hamilton.

3 Ricciardo.

Of course they've to get round. I doubt all 22 cars wiki start lap 2.If it's a normal start.

1 Vettel.

2 Hamilton.

3 Ricciardo.

Of course they've to get round. I doubt all 22 cars wiki start lap 2.If it's a normal start.

Where is ROS ?

1 Vettel.

2 Hamilton.

3 Ricciardo.

Where is ROS ?
He only named his 1st 3