Problem with right ear

Badrabbit

Doctor needed I would say

Would rather get help here first, all you get from the doctors is loads of unnecessary tablets at great cost, had this before but can't remember what tablets I was given by the pharmacy.

Most probably Antibiotics will fix it......But if not you are delaying the right treatment and risk a lot. infections that are on the head shouldn't be taken lightly.

Problem is you can't look into your ear...

Doc for the ear should be cheap. And I would expect that he can explain what you have, explain every tablet and let you keep away the unnecessary one (like painkiller if there is not much pain).

Expensive it is if you go into some of the private hospitals....but in this case a small clinic may do the trick.

Doctor needed I would say

Would rather get help here first, all you get from the doctors is loads of unnecessary tablets at great cost, had this before but can't remember what tablets I was given by the pharmacy.

Most probably Antibiotics will fix it......But if not you are delaying the right treatment and risk a lot. infections that are on the head shouldn't be taken lightly.

Problem is you can't look into your ear...

Doc for the ear should be cheap. And I would expect that he can explain what you have, explain every tablet and let you keep away the unnecessary one (like painkiller if there is not much pain).

Expensive it is if you go into some of the private hospitals....but in this case a small clinic may do the trick.

Cheers mate, just visited my local Pharmacy( very nice English speaking girl) I explained to her what was wrong, she then explained to me what was happening and what I needed(she was spot on) superb service, as I posted previously I have had this same thing before but forgot what tablets were prescribed. Edited by Badrabbit

Basic self treatment would be Ear de-waxing to eliminate blocking. Then any of the broad spectrum anti biotics. Amoxy etc.

Cheers, last week when having a shower I did let a lot of water enter my ears(I don't normally let this happen) the girl explained about this and said to use ear plugs in future, my ears were de-waxed last year, I never go straight to a doctor or hospital for minor ailments, in the UK you are constantly told to visit the Pharmacist before a doctor this is something I agree with.

id say its an insect. probably crawled in your ear while you were sleeping.

now its eating your eardrum in preparation to feed its babies when they hatch.

Wouldnt see a dr, waste of time..

Basic self treatment would be Ear de-waxing to eliminate blocking. Then any of the broad spectrum anti biotics. Amoxy etc.

Cheers, last week when having a shower I did let a lot of water enter my ears(I don't normally let this happen) the girl explained about this and said to use ear plugs in future, my ears were de-waxed last year, I never go straight to a doctor or hospital for minor ailments, in the UK you are constantly told to visit the Pharmacist before a doctor this is something I agree with.

Crazy guy...your getting on we dont bounce back like we use too....if it persists see a doctor...

Asking here is like asking your TGF why the car won't start.

Crazy guy...your getting on we dont bounce back like we use too....if it persists see a doctor...

Asking here is like asking your TGF why the car won't start.

Last time in Koh Samui (13 or so years ago) I got an ear infection: Doc didn't look at me, gave me some Antibiotics when I looked puzzled he told me, it is always the same bacteria from the shower water...every day a few customer. And showed me the bacteria and treatment in his medical lexicon. If this is common in an area it is always the same treatment unless you are the odd case that got something different.

Pharmacy you study at University....These people know a lot...unless they are not the pharmacist but the sales girl...

In the UK if you ask to speak to a Pharmacist that is who you will speak with.

Many small Thai pharmacies are staffed by unqualified shop girls.

In the UK if you ask to speak to a Pharmacist that is who you will speak with.

Many small Thai pharmacies are staffed by unqualified shop girls.

But you easily know the difference....clear good English and straight answers: Pharmacist.

Good looks but the only answer is "mai mee" (with luck and good English skills maybe "no hab"): shop girl.

OP, can you get back with what exactly you are using?

Couple weekends back we had some decent sized surf here in Phuket, I spent some time getting slammed bodysurfing which entails having sinuses and ears flushed with saltwater. Developed pain in my ear and have been using some old amoxcillan I had laying around. Sort of seems to be going away but still interested in what the pharmacist got for you. Thanks, GOM

OP, can you get back with what exactly you are using?

Couple weekends back we had some decent sized surf here in Phuket, I spent some time getting slammed bodysurfing which entails having sinuses and ears flushed with saltwater. Developed pain in my ear and have been using some old amoxcillan I had laying around. Sort of seems to be going away but still interested in what the pharmacist got for you. Thanks, GOM

Pharmacist gave me Neurox-500 sorted the problem out quickly.

I'd suggest a 2nd opinion, as Neurox-500 (Piracetam) doesn't seem to be indicated for use in ear infections...

Used to Treat Mental retardation, Learning problems in children, behavioural problem and confusion state in elderly patients, cerebro-vascular accidents, cerebral insufficiencies

Source: http://pocketchemist.com/pharmacy/catalog/product/view/id/29033/

Piracetam is used, alongside other medicines, to treat a movement disorder called cortical myoclonus. This condition causes short jerky muscle movements, particularly in your arms and legs.

Source http://patient.info/medicine/piracetam

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam

I'd suggest a 2nd opinion, as Neurox-500 (Piracetam) doesn't seem to be indicated for use in ear infections...

Used to Treat Mental retardation, Learning problems in children, behavioural problem and confusion state in elderly patients, cerebro-vascular accidents, cerebral insufficiencies

Source: http://pocketchemist.com/pharmacy/catalog/product/view/id/29033/

Piracetam is used, alongside other medicines, to treat a movement disorder called cortical myoclonus. This condition causes short jerky muscle movements, particularly in your arms and legs.

Source http://patient.info/medicine/piracetam

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracetam

Why would I need a second opinion when the tablets have worked??