Bangkok police chief tells public to stay calm over IS report

webfact

So what are the Russian interests in Thailand they could hit? A russian restaurant? A russian go go bar? etc etc etc. Why should others worry no one but russians go to their hangouts no one else goes to russian places but russians. So the general public has nothing to worry about right.Just get on with their lifes let the russians worry about it.

Are you familiar with the Bali bombing???

Yes I agree with you. In Bali, they thought the Bar would be full of Americans( who they were targeting). Tell that to the Aussie relatives.

Also the the staff who were working in the bar were all Indo natives ( muslims).

I like to think everyone learns from mistakes. So may be next time the will target who they want. You guys seem to thing they will target any where there are caucasuians. As in target the easiest place no matter who is there. I think that defeats the purpose.. If they want russians they will go to russian places to get them not some place on walking street full of drunk Brits and Aussies. How would that serve their purpose.the Russians would thank them. I think little collateral damage if an attack does happen ,where Russians go in numbers few others do go.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they know who 6 of them are and where they went too .

So they are not staying in hotels , otherwise they would know where they are staying as well .

So they own property ?

Or they have gone though an agent to rent property ?

2 of them they know nothing about .. So how do they actually know anything ?

I think a red herring springs to mind .

Thai authorities are lucky that Russia gave them this information. What they do with it is up to them.

I am surprised that they gave it despite the fact that there is still a lot of mistrust in Moscow concerning the sneakiness that Bangkok displayed by deporting Viktor Bout to the USA.

That they gave this information was probably just to warn Russians in TH, not as a favor to Thailand.

Perhaps you are right about the red herring, a bit of payback maybe, lol

So you basically only care about the life of the people from your country? Remind me that please one day if you need help , i will check your passport first.

Well beyond that trivial answer , think about maybe ... Russian owned condos .I suppose they did invest in some of Pattaya developments. Maybe Central Festival who knows? Do you happen to wander there sometimes?

So what are the Russian interests in Thailand they could hit? A russian restaurant? A russian go go bar? etc etc etc. Why should others worry no one but russians go to their hangouts no one else goes to russian places but russians. So the general public has nothing to worry about right.Just get on with their lifes let the russians worry about it.

Yes I agree with you. In Bali, they thought the Bar would be full of Americans( who they were targeting). Tell that to the Aussie relatives.

Also the the staff who were working in the bar were all Indo natives ( muslims).

not sure that's completely correct as Bali is or was certainly then a Hindu country, albeit with many Muslims there also the targets was ' westerners ' as opposed to Americans ..

So you basically only care about the life of the people from your country? Remind me that please one day if you need help , i will check your passport first.

Well beyond that trivial answer , think about maybe ... Russian owned condos .I suppose they did invest in some of Pattaya developments. Maybe Central Festival who knows? Do you happen to wander there sometimes?

who's that aimed at ?

I will always be much more concerned with mini-van drivers, tuk-tuk drivers, and taxi drivers with machetes than I will be of ISIS.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/875912-angry-phuket-minivan-driver-pulls-big-knife-in-traffic-video/?utm_source=newsletter-20151204-1206&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news

Who is more likely to kill me in cold blood. I'm thinking a pissed-off kon kap rot, a driver of either mini-vans, taxis, or tuk-tuks imho.

Watching news today, it was reported that 80% of air strikes against ISIS done by USA. Russians like to hit other targets..... I'm a yank, and you won't catch me with USA flag shorts etc. Easiest way to identify as Russian.

I don't go to bars (not that many Russians do either, do they?) or malls or especially all you can eat buffets. I should be okay, but then again, lots of them staying in my Jomtien condo building.... Screw it," I've lived long enough and I ain't fraid of dying" (Who do you love? lyrics)

Don't worry about Isis ,worry about traveling on the roads

Yes. The chance of getting killed by terrorists is pretty low. In the USA, statistically the chance of getting killed as a result of terrorism is less than that of getting killed by falling furniture, but a lot of people there are really worried about terrorism. . Maybe its greater in Thailand, but I wouldn't bet on it if you don't include the 3 provinces near Malaysia.

Its not the 6 or 8 I am worried about it is the other 400 to 500 who have just come here for a holiday !!!

"Ah, Fatima! this shelling and bombing is getting on my nerves, we should have holiday no?"

"Ahmed, I think Pattaya will be good for you, and the 9 children we are blessed with."

"OK, lets see what prices we can get on a cheap flight with Akbar airways?"

"Ah yes all inclusive resort in Jomtien, 1 bedroom, 10 million drachmas for all of us".

"Pack the Kalashnikovs, semi automatics, semtex and the kids buckets and spades and off we go."

"What about the blow up beds"?

"Ha ha ha Fatima, good joke under the present climate. We will have queen size bed the children can have the floor"

Beggers believe....and Thai immigration are supposed to have stepped security at the borders. Here is a tip. If they have blue eyes, have fair complexion/hair and viking blood in their DNA - its a dead cert they aint no terrorist.... oh no racial profiling how terrible of me !!!!

If the ISIS want to blow something up here in Thailand they can do it and no one would be able to stop them. Thailand is not France, Russia , or even the USA or even China. You have to remember that.

So what's the basis for this statement? It seems to me that the danger from terrorism is much lower here than in Europe. Especially reading about security in Europe after the recent Paris attacks.

Quite a few mafia and money laundering interests...

According the The Nation article in post #28 above:

Two senior police officers told Reuters that the Special Branch, which deals with national security issues, circulated the document to other police units.

Yet the actual news report by Reuters does not report that. It reports that a single anonymous police officer told someone that the memo came from the special branch.

This whole thing could be phony and bad reporting by the Thai media.

No reason to panic. Nothing has changed. ISIS has been operating here for years under our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded. See how we were able to completely whitewash the Erawan Shrine bombing so that no one connected it to the trafficking to Uighurs through Thailand by ISIS.

"ISIS has been operating here for years under our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded."

Says who, apart from you?

Our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded? Are you claiming to be Thai now?

He may not know where Bali is, let alone the gravity of the statements made in the post. Targets of interest most always include people, something which seems to be lost to the poster.

If his post was a sarcasm, then forget my reply.

"the Muslims are coming! the Muslims are coming! STAY CALM!!"

THe purpose of the pretext of an external threat is to make the populous more malleable to the draconian measures of a government....... only in Thailand do they get it wrong and instead of a more compliant populace they get a panicky one instead.

Its not the 6 or 8 I am worried about it is the other 400 to 500 who have just come here for a holiday !!!

"Ah, Fatima! this shelling and bombing is getting on my nerves, we should have holiday no?"

"Ahmed, I think Pattaya will be good for you, and the 9 children we are blessed with."

"OK, lets see what prices we can get on a cheap flight with Akbar airways?"

"Ah yes all inclusive resort in Jomtien, 1 bedroom, 10 million drachmas for all of us".

"Pack the Kalashnikovs, semi automatics, semtex and the kids buckets and spades and off we go."

"What about the blow up beds"?

"Ha ha ha Fatima, good joke under the present climate. We will have queen size bed the children can have the floor"

Beggers believe....and Thai immigration are supposed to have stepped security at the borders. Here is a tip. If they have blue eyes, have fair complexion/hair and viking blood in their DNA - its a dead cert they aint no terrorist.... oh no racial profiling how terrible of me !!!!

You believe Assad is the only Arab with blue eyes?

Has anyone phoned Pol Maj Gen Sravuth to ask him if the document is real? Or is that too much to expect?

well we cn all elax now and sing cumbaya! we know that the thai pplice are out there looking out for us! the only russian interest i now of is the mafia in pattaya and the islands.

No reason to panic. Nothing has changed. ISIS has been operating here for years under our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded. See how we were able to completely whitewash the Erawan Shrine bombing so that no one connected it to the trafficking to Uighurs through Thailand by ISIS.

"ISIS has been operating here for years under our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded."

Says who, apart from you?

Our protection, for which we have been nicely rewarded? Are you claiming to be Thai now?

I don't understand. Who's been nicely rewarded and been providing protection?

Archived