Bangkok police chief tells public to stay calm over IS report

webfact

So what are the Russian interests in Thailand they could hit? A russian restaurant? A russian go go bar? etc etc etc. Why should others worry no one but russians go to their hangouts no one else goes to russian places but russians. So the general public has nothing to worry about right.Just get on with their lifes let the russians worry about it.

Are you familiar with the Bali bombing???

Yes I agree with you. In Bali, they thought the Bar would be full of Americans( who they were targeting). Tell that to the Aussie relatives.

Also the the staff who were working in the bar were all Indo natives ( muslims).

I thought Muslims were not allowed to work with Alcohol.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are the Russian interests in Thailand they could hit? A russian restaurant? A russian go go bar? etc etc etc. Why should others worry no one but russians go to their hangouts no one else goes to russian places but russians. So the general public has nothing to worry about right.Just get on with their lifes let the russians worry about it.

Yes I agree with you. In Bali, they thought the Bar would be full of Americans( who they were targeting). Tell that to the Aussie relatives.

Also the the staff who were working in the bar were all Indo natives ( muslims).

Why do you believe Muslims are a homogeneous group?

Bali is a Hindu country .. The only one in the region ..

Are you for real?

You might as well say if the bombers were going to ask ppl on the street if they were Russian. Everyone is affected including your ppl, so don't be so smug.

"...with aim to hit Russian and allies interests..."

Thank goodness the US is not an ally of Russia so we should be safe...555...fat chance of that.

"...He then asked the public to remain calm and not to panic over such report in the media..."

I see 3 options Mr. Policeman. The public can panic, they can remain calm or they can give some reasoned thought to the possibility of this being true and consider staying away from crowded areas that might be obvious targets of mass murder...at least until the RTP catch all of these terrorists...555...fat chance of that. They don't even know if this document is real...anyone heard of a wonderful invention called the phone?

It won't be long b4 they are rounded up they have 400 to choose from, then again just check their sim cards regd in their names or Gf's name or maybe they got some of the free ones handed out at the airport will make it harder then.

Bali is a Hindu country .. The only one in the region ..

Off topic, but needs clarification.

Bali is a province of Indonesia with roughly 15% permanent Muslim population with other Muslims working there, mainly from Java. Indonesian Muslims have investments in the Balinese tourism industry

So, all those russian owned gogo bars on walking street are beefing up security now?

No one goes in them except clueless indian tourists...and very few....any gunman bursting in there are going to find himself faced with an empty bar and an ugly russian babushka angrily forcing them to buy a lapdance.

Once again I'm not buying into it.

What exactly are these guys doing why have they been here so long, a significant day of public gatherings has come and gone.

As far as devestating action in public Thailand is ripe for the picking.

If they are here to train they will be here for sometime I would think.

A long time ago I remarked to a friend (as we were walking quickly through sukhumvit's soi 3 arab quarter) about how easy it would be for a terrorist group to attack Thailand.

He said it would never happen because thailand is the number one hub in the world for stolen and fake passports that these guys use….they get a lot of their infrastructural needs met here and would never ever shoot up the place as those facilities would vanish overnight.

I need to ask him the same question again and see what he thinks now.

It is usually the people with money from any country that goes on a good vacation.

The Russian tourists are not different. If there is any Daes or IS, terrorists in Thailand

that is the people they may be after. Of course these Islam terrorists will likely

kill anyone that they can if they fear that they will be caught. In their minds, we are all

inferior to them as we do not practice their Strict Islam ways, so we are all the enemy

to them. Just try to be somewhere else so that when they decide to blow themselves and others

up, you or I will not be where they go boom! Different world that we all live in today. Sadly.

Archived