Grabtaxi coming to CM on Dec 14th

JomtienEats

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Used GrabTaxi today- twice.

1st trip driver told me booking fee was 100 baht upon pick up despite the app indicated 50 baht + meter fare. He said my pick up was not within the radius zone.

2nd trip I paid driver according to the agreed 50 baht booking fee + meter fare. Finally met a honest driver!

This GrabTaxi is still relatively new in CM. The condo management staff have no idea about this.

Tried booking a GrabTaxi yesterday for 15 mins but no driver found. Then I received a call from a lady, told me 'no GrabTaxi now, GrabCar ok?' I was offered a rate which was about 70 baht higher but I counter offered 50 baht lesser. She said ok. Came a private saloon car after 10 mins wait, clean and comfortable. Promptly paid the agreed fare upon arrival at destination, with no hassle.

Tried booking a GrabTaxi yesterday for 15 mins but no driver found. Then I received a call from a lady, told me 'no GrabTaxi now, GrabCar ok?' I was offered a rate which was about 70 baht higher but I counter offered 50 baht lesser. She said ok. Came a private saloon car after 10 mins wait, clean and comfortable. Promptly paid the agreed fare upon arrival at destination, with no hassle.

Yes...except that's BS and is completely counter the entire concept, isn't it? I'm glad you were happy with how it worked out for you but.....a failure as far as the business model goes.

Yes...except that's BS and is completely counter the entire concept, isn't it? I'm glad you were happy with how it worked out for you but.....a failure as far as the business model goes.

Can't say I'm happy with it but has no choice since I don't drive myself. The location I stay has no public transport available.

Used GrabTaxi today- twice.

1st trip driver told me booking fee was 100 baht upon pick up despite the app indicated 50 baht + meter fare. He said my pick up was not within the radius zone.

2nd trip I paid driver according to the agreed 50 baht booking fee + meter fare. Finally met a honest driver!

This GrabTaxi is still relatively new in CM. The condo management staff have no idea about this.

Matches what friends told me in BKK. Surcharge for rain. I'm not touching these guys and Uber with a stick.

This is songtheaw town can't see it being anything else for some time to come, though with the traffic the samlor might make a come back.

Leave the songtheaw's alone, the best and cheapest form of transport for Thai Citizens going about their daily business.

Can't say I'm happy with it but has no choice since I don't drive myself. The location I stay has no public transport available.

Get the number of a tuk-tuk driver. Not sure how far away you are, but my experience is that they are OK with driving 10-20 minutes to pick me up, the one I am currently using even refuse tips. Used him today to go to the airport, called him at 10.15 and told him I needed to go at 11.00, he was there waiting when I came down (11.03) and when I gave him 120 baht at the airport, he gave me back the 20 baht note.

I've had several unpleasant encounters with tuk tuk drivers in the past, that's why I don't use them anymore. For a lady traveling alone, I think I better not. Of course not all tuk tuk drivers are bad, but once bitten twice shy.

You're lucky to have a honest one! [emoji4]