Yamaha MSlaz150

macknife

not too sure bout that

papa pretty comfy @ 130+ on 150ceeber

[Not naked, but whats the diff]

150 kph on CBR250 feels okay too, on open stretches.

papa is not sensitive guy tho.

Dear Papa,

The Honda CBR150R, CBR250R and CBR300R are not naked-bikes, they have fairing that take most of the beating…

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if you bought an Exciter you have nothing to worry about, you have a really comfortable bike, this on the other hand is truly dreadful in terms of riding position.

I am 6' and my head was over the front wheels, so the guy who described it as "cramped" got it spot on, unless you are really short you couldn't live with this Micky Mouse bike.

Okay it has a bit of style, but absolutely nothing else and since no one can actually quote horsepower or torque we are left to assume it is faster than the much bigger Benneli TNT25, which is only 4,500 baht more, looks brilliant and sounds like a bike should.

I know some of you guys like to get excited about everything new from the land of the rising sun, but this is a very poorly designed bike, only suitable for prepubescent boys.

Enjoy.

PS. Thai guys are getting taller every day, was a time that I towered over everyone here, now many are taller than me, so the marketing men have it wrong IMO.

Had a sit on one last week, I'm 5'5" seemed like I was sat on the handle bars. My niece works at Yamaha shop, see if I can borrow one next week.

Well happy with my Exciter!

not too sure bout that

Dear Papa,

The Honda CBR150R, CBR250R and CBR300R are not naked-bikes, they have fairing that take most of the beating…

R-BKK,

The narrow fairing on my ceeber does very little to block the slipstream from the rider.

I don't ride crouched down and bars have been raised 4 inches.

My legs are in the stream, as is my upper-body and arms and head.

The fairing streamlines the bike.

The MSlaz is not really naked;

It has fairings.

not too sure bout that

Dear Papa,

Not much beating @130.

Fairings to sub 200km/h bikes just adds weight.

Agree it help an underpowered bike reach higher speed on flat grounds, but it's like will it do 125 or 130

But weight will punish acceleration.

Yup.

Seeing tonnes of these around the place.

Every time I see one I think the same thing.

'Wow, that really does look great.'

The type of bike you can just stare at because it looks fantastic from top to toe.

Which is quite unusual for cheap, small bore 150/250/300 cc's.

• 3 weeks later...

Tune your M-Slaz

Sendt fra min Asus Zenpad via Tapatalk

LOL measuring Top speed on a dyno... purely theoretically, But I'm sure some people fall for the tune boss biggrin.png .

Yea seems very misleading. They basically push the revlimiter further up so instead of cutting out at 10k they go to 11k (11.6k in their dyno video).

Stock: 11.2HP / 7.5 ft-lb

Tuneboss ECU: 11.6HP / 7.6 ft-lb

You will not feel the difference and on the real road I bet the top speed wont be much higher either. In turn you reduce your engines lifetime.

The torque goes down at such high RPMs on this engine so what's the point of reving further? One thing: "top speed" on a dyno :)

Also in the dyno video you can see that the torque gets unstable with their ECU near the rev limit.

Tune your M-Slaz

Sendt fra min Asus Zenpad via Tapatalk

LOL measuring Top speed on a dyno... purely theoretically, But I'm sure some people fall for the tune boss biggrin.png .

ya

look closely.

he was leaning low on the tank, second test,

that is why it read faster.

scam

The dyno is probably off a bit. There's no point in absolute dyno numbers in many cases anyways. They are just good for comparisons on the same dyno.

There's also a drivetrain loss. The MT125 is spec'd at 15HP and I can only find dyno charts showing about 12HP rear wheel. So if the Mslaz is spec'd at 18HP it might be 14hp rear wheel.

The dyno is probably off a bit. There's no point in absolute dyno numbers in many cases anyways. They are just good for comparisons on the same dyno.

There's also a drivetrain loss. The MT125 is spec'd at 15HP and I can only find dyno charts showing about 12HP rear wheel. So if the Mslaz is spec'd at 18HP it might be 14hp rear wheel.

All dynos should show the same unless they are completely crap.

Tolerance into account of course.

But the Newton-meter unit is pretty well defined all around the world.

Edited by Lampang2

I reckon this bike is marketed as an alternative to the MSX ...tad more cash but the teenagers who have bought MSX's like my son and joined large local clubs, customised them to the hilt etc. may defect and start again with the Mslaz. Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal for the younger audience and Yamaha as usual always seem to bring out better alternatives to tempt away from Honda and kwakker models. Well done Yamaha I say.

I reckon this bike is marketed as an alternative to the MSX ...tad more cash but the teenagers who have bought MSX's like my son and joined large local clubs, customised them to the hilt etc. may defect and start again with the Mslaz. Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal for the younger audience and Yamaha as usual always seem to bring out better alternatives to tempt away from Honda and kwakker models. Well done Yamaha I say.

Yes agreed, young Thais are not so scared buying non Honda's as the older generation that only wants Honda motor bikes and Toyota pick-up's/ cars, thankfully as other brands are just as good.

For the younger people, design is 90% when choosing "things".

• 1 month later...

Seeing alot more of these around at the moment.

They look quite nice in real life, although I don't really understand why they cost an extra 30k over the Exciter, which I think has the same engine...

- Full LED

- Much higher demand. People want a big bike for scooter price, that's Thailand's motorcycle market in a nutshell. That's why 150 is so popular.

- Larger tyres

- Marketing costs. I think the Exciter barely had any marketing in Thailand, but quite a lot in Vietnam.

Add all of that up and you'll get around 20k-30k.

Seeing alot more of these around at the moment.

They look quite nice in real life, although I don't really understand why they cost an extra 30k over the Exciter, which I think has the same engine...

SLaz is considerably heavier.

Better forks, swing arms, tank, everything.

SLaz 6-speed vs 5 for Exciter.

[different engine]

Thus cost is higher.

Not that difficult to unnerstan.

i reckon its spot on for styling here in thailand and i saw 50 plus over the weekend so thais seem to like them too. theres already a standalone ecu for it and i saw half a dozen pipes on them including a hydroformed leo vince. i found it as tall as my 09.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Indo got a new design for their CBR150 based on the new CBR500 design.

New-2016-Honda-CBR-150R-Image-3.jpg

It's obviously a big market for Thais, if they don't introduce this soon, along with a street-fightered model to rival the M-Slaz you really would have to start to wonder even more about Thai Honda.

• 5 months later...

I have the Exciter and prefer the 5-speed box as it saves on shoe leather when riding around town. My only grip is the small fuel capacity and no underseat storage. Easily solved with a Givi removeable top box that can take a 'skid-lid' and a 3 ltr bottle of gas and a funnel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Today I've been in bike shop near BigC. They sell scooters and 150-300cc big bikes there. Absolutely no Honda big bikes, only Yamaha and Suzuki. One year ago this shop had mostly Honda big bikes. I suspect Honda stopped making cbr150 and cbr300 and now is updating factory process to new 150 and 300cc models. I think we will see new cb150 and  cb300 soon.

11 hours ago, Issanman said:

^^^The new CB150R is already here>>>LINK

Honda-CB150R-exmotion.jpg.e5474dc11746a0a0a5ce127e5b716a19.jpg

Its quite interesting to see the re appearance of smaller sports bikes. Twenty odd years back they had the NSRs, KRs, TZR's and further back RGVs etc, which were all dropped. and a long period of "quiet" so to speak.  Being old school the looks of these bikes dont appeal, the "arrow" look first used on MX bikes doesnt work for street bikes imo. that Exmotion just looks ugly to me.

BTW who dreams up these names, Ex motion? doesnt sound great to a native English speaker, M Slaz <deleted> is that all about? Excitebike anyone?

exciuteee.jpg

Edited by kaorop