California killing spurs concerns about fiance visa program

rooster59

I wonder if there is any record of any other terrorist brides who have arrived on a K-1? The primary thing that counsel officers are looking for is a valid relationship, financial ability to pay and to eliminate such things as human trafficking, prostitution, sex slavery etc..

When a person is interviewed overseas for any visa, they do have the same rights as a US citizen on US soil. They are not a citizen and they are not a resident and technically they are not in the US. The officer has the ability to say no and there is generally not a legal review process (some places will allow for an internal review of the case). If they are dissatisfied, they can re-apply and start the entire process all over again.

For those that adjust their status while in the US, they do have the protection of the law and constitutional rights.

The FBI agent is blowing sunshine up someone's behind. The sharing of information has to be done in accordance with laws and regulations. If the agencies want or need greater access to records on the basis of national security, I doubt very much it would be denied. It may be as simple as adding a sentence on the application that information can be shared with various agencies.

The interview in the US is conducted with the applicant and sponsor sworn in.

Interviews are conducted with the both the sponsor and the applicant

....To answer the question of is anyone refused, the answer is yes. At the time when I dealt with this, which was quite a number of years ago, K-1 visas had a rejection rate of nearly 50%. For married applicants it was around 25 - 30%.

....To answer the question of is anyone refused, the answer is yes. At the time when I dealt with this, which was quite a number of years ago, K-1 visas had a rejection rate of nearly 50%. For married applicants it was around 25 - 30%.

Just wondering, what was wrong with the post in which I posed the question? It disappeared for no apparent reason.

Just wondering, what was wrong with the post in which I posed the question? It disappeared for no apparent reason.

You mean your post # 30 (4 posts up if on TV app without post numbers).

I heard an FBI agent on the BBC this morning saying that their hands are often tied by privacy laws brought in by Obama.

I wish it were so. One of my (many) disappointments with Obama is that he hasn't kept his promise to increase government transparency and protect our rights to privacy from an increasingly intrusive government.

You mean your post # 30 (4 posts up if on TV app without post numbers).
Hmmmph... maybe the ol' eyesight isn't as good as I thought!

The government's apparent failure to detect Malik's alleged sympathies before the shootings will likely have implications on the debate over the Obama administration's plans to accept Syrian refugees.

What's that waving on the horizon - surely not a false flag?