In praise of Truevisions

Bredbury Blue

We have Truevisions and GMMZ. They both use the Truevisions dish.

Friday there was no signal on GMMZ which we use most of the time, loads of calls to GMMZ but couldn't get through.

No signal on Truevisions. Called Truevisions, got through to nice lady fairly easily. She tried something from her end and concluded we needed a technician to come check the dish. She made an appointment for me this Tuesday (the earliest possible) but would try to get someone to visit today, Sunday. 9.20am this morning I got a call from the technicians who said they'd be here before 1pm. Just after noon they arrived and fixed the problem in 15 minutes. Problem was the long cable running from the box downstairs to the dish upstairs was in two cables, a short one from the dish screwed in to a long one from downstairs, and the horizontal connection point was covered by just a little bit of masking tape allowing water/moisture in. Quickly fixed.

Thank you Truevisions service team for your prompt and efficient service.

I agree Truevisions have a very good service.

Last year there was a day we didn't have a signal and they came and fixed the problem within 2 hours. Yes 2 hours!

TrueInternet, however are a complete different kettle of fish. They promise to send a technician but he doesn't come. At least not in my experience.

TrueVisions and TrueOnline (internet) have always responded very quickly to any technical issues I have had with their cable/satellite TV or cable internet. I've been with them for around 7 years.

But when it came to getting my deposit refund on TrueVisions TV Setup top boxes a few times over the years they fail miserably at that process based on my experience (took almost 3 and 6 months in two different cases with lot of followup contacts with the 6 month issue). When turning in the boxes for deposit refund their standard answer it will take 4 to 6 weeks for the refund check to arrive. But I finally did get the deposit refunds. I have seen many posts where others have experience the same refund issue. And a fair amount of posts where people do get their refund checks in around a month. Guess everyone results will vary on the deposit refunds.

Yes, their service has always been efficient, helpful and friendly ------ WHEN I CAN GET THROUGH TO THEM.

Whenever I've had a problem Truevisions or Internet and called thei number, I get the automatic switchboard telling me to press 2 (?) (I forget now) for English which then takes me to another Thai recorded message. Time and time again.

Is there a secret number for them that allows access to English?

TrueVisions and TrueOnline (internet) have always responded very quickly to any technical issues I have had with their cable/satellite TV or cable internet. I've been with them for around 7 years.

But when it came to getting my deposit refund on TrueVisions TV Setup top boxes a few times over the years they fail miserably at that process based on my experience (took almost 3 and 6 months in two different cases with lot of followup contacts with the 6 month issue). When turning in the boxes for deposit refund their standard answer it will take 4 to 6 weeks for the refund check to arrive. But I finally did get the deposit refunds. I have seen many posts where others have experience the same refund issue. And a fair amount of posts where people do get their refund checks in around a month. Guess everyone results will vary on the deposit refunds.

Refunds seem to be a dirty word here in Thailand.

I've not read any more recently about which company (maybe Truevision) will be showing EPL from 2016/17.

If Truevision is going to have the 3 years EPL sub-contracted by Al Jezeera (BeIn) I think anyone who cancels CTH will have a very difficult time trying to obtain a refund of the 1800bht paid as Deposit for their set top box.

I agree Truevisions have a very good service.

Last year there was a day we didn't have a signal and they came and fixed the problem within 2 hours. Yes 2 hours!

TrueInternet, however are a complete different kettle of fish. They promise to send a technician but he doesn't come. At least not in my experience.

shame about the prices

I've not read any more recently about which company (maybe Truevision) will be showing EPL from 2016/17.

If Truevision is going to have the 3 years EPL sub-contracted by Al Jezeera (BeIn) I think anyone who cancels CTH will have a very difficult time trying to obtain a refund of the 1800bht paid as Deposit for their set top box.

im having trouble canceling no one ever answers the phone.

Well my Truevisions and Internet just went off the other day, when I called the service number, recorded message saying something about installing new fibre cables.

Then it went off again 2 nights later.

A warning would have been nice!

Once an amplifier failed and they had it fixed, but it took 2 days (cable not satellite).

I still also have Sophon for TV and I would say their maintenance are quite responsive..... but when the True internet goes off I am at a loss as it supplies what I watch.

Still, nothing could be worse than my previous TOT!

Edited by jacko45k

I no longer have Truevisions.

Whenever there was a problem -and there were a few, not of my making, the repair team from Buriram insisted I had to pay their call out charge. Always took several calls to True to sort it out. Mafia!

What service are you using now Nick for your tv viewing?

Seems the options are very limited apart from Truevisions and the now very troubled CTH.smile.png