Indie music fest ordered to seek OK from NCPO

webfact

Indie Music Fest Ordered to Seek Junta OK
By Lisnaree Vichitsorasatra
Staff Reporter

14494763481449476400l.jpg
Listening to music at Stone Free III in January 2013 in Kanchanaburi province. Photo: Courtesy Stone Free Festival

BANGKOK — The fourth outing of an indie music festival popular with Bangkok music lovers is up in the air after authorities intervened at the last minute to demand organizers seek permission from the ruling junta, an organizer said today.

Stone Free, a festival celebrating new music from post-rock to experimental, is in jeopardy of being canceled for a second year after local police in Saraburi province, where the festival was to happen this weekend, said concerns about violence prompted them to change their minds and insist organizers seek formal approval from the junta according to festival organizer Tokin Teekanun.

“The police perceived the concert in a negative light, thinking the event could lead to killings,” said Tokin, adding that police had informed local officials to put a stop to the concert.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1449476348

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-12-07

>...concerns about violence ... thinking the event could lead to killings ...<

What the faq?! Too much weed so they rip each other to pieces? Reefer madness - again? Still?? Nutters!

Together with that >Rajabhakti Park closed for 'maintainance'< it certainly starts to top Kafka around here, Orwell would be proud of them too ...

"local police in Saraburi province, where the festival was to happen this weekend, said concerns about violence prompted them to change their minds and insist organisers seek formal approval from the junta"

The local police causing a fuss that the govt has to sort out.

Creating a problem that wasn't there to begin with.

Hmm, too lazy to ensure no trouble happens and want someone else to blame if it all goes pear shaped?

Or...

Edited by Bluespunk

Concerns about violence? Why? Better yet, why are the police NOT doing their job and policing the even in force, if indeed, they feel violence might erupt?

Ask a thai person about what happens every time there is big concert.

Concerns about violence? Why? Better yet, why are the police NOT doing their job and policing the even in force, if indeed, they feel violence might erupt?

Whisky fueled morlam.. I agree..

But 'stoned free' ??? Much less chance..

Why stop with a ban on music festivals where there might be injuries and deaths?

Foreign tourists to Thailand in the last 2 years have suffered a rash of injuries, deaths and suicides. Shouldn't they also be banned for the potential of future violence? Domestic tourists would be okay as good Thai people never cause harm to each other. wai2.gif

Any event with the word "free" in the title is bound to run foul of this government.

Or are the afraid of songs about democracy?

I'm sentimental, if you know what I mean
I love the country but I can't stand the scene.
And I'm neither left or right
I'm just staying home tonight,
getting lost in that hopeless little screen.
But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags
that Time cannot decay,
I'm junk but I'm still holding up
this little wild bouquet:
Democracy is coming [to the U.S.A.]
Leonard Cohen

99% of the time nothing at all, unless it's a Carabao concert