The Mountain Restaurant

roo860

as I said before the small restaurant across the road from furama,has the same menu,and give or take the same prices wonder if same chef, as mountain guy branching out,he certinally does nice food

So you weren't too scared there then? I would be, have seen all those tour buses going down there to unload the Chinese at Furama, must be like Arcade BS.

yes interesting watching the coming and going,the odd time I went there,little bit better than a empty dirt road and nothing.

If anyone considers going to the Mountain restaurant it is a surfaced through road, not a dirt one.

• 8 months later...

Wanted to have a delicious salmon steak today and phoned to one of the numbers on their business card to make sure they are open. A woman told us "We are new owner, and yes, we're open". Drove the 20 km only to see that the name of the restaurant has changed (Don't remember the new one) and a sign in front of the locked gate "Monday closed".
Lost two new customers just before they got them ...

Edited by rebo

The Italian restaurant across from Furama was run by a guy named Noy and he seems to be gone and a new guy has taken over. I walked away.

Noy and the previous owner of the Mountain Restaurant are brothers in law, Noy has another restaurant near the CM university.

6 hours ago, luther said:

Workers Cafe is so much better with a fantastic view of the river. 50m down from the superhighway on the river road (near big Tesco).

Is this it?

No that isn't it, it's hidden behind the EmPower building.

Khualek Cafe, in town other side of the river from River Market. Same view, but food is so much better than Co-Workers. Red or green chicken curry with rice ....... 65bht.

Edited by MissAndry

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

Noy and the previous owner of the Mountain Restaurant are brothers in law, Noy has another restaurant near the CM university.

Do you know whether the previous owner of "The Mountain" moved, and to where?