How much is it if I want to get a maid once a week?

P4K

You must be a busy person to not be able to keep 30m2 clean yourself from week to week, but I can find help with my 3 bedroom place for 300 baht for about 4 hours.

Do you have a washing machine in that little place, and a dryer?

The OP might be living in a 30m2 apartment, but is specifically asking about cleaning his/her HOUSE. Not sure why the 30m2 apartment is relevant. Unless it means they're really poor wink.png I guess the house is being rented out?

You must be a busy person to not be able to keep 30m2 clean yourself from week to week, but I can find help with my 3 bedroom place for 300 baht for about 4 hours.

The OP might be living in a 30m2 apartment, but is specifically asking about cleaning his/her HOUSE. Not sure why the 30m2 apartment is relevant. Unless it means they're really poor wink.png I guess the house is being rented out?

This really is very complicated.laugh.png

If so the rental must include his clothes. Perhaps like fully-furnished but even better.

maybe the word skivvy;or cleaner is more appropriate than maid, which is obviously on another level all together.

for someone in such a bijou place, you would assume money is tight.....but a weekly skivvy as well?

I think its extra for dressing up, but thats besides the point.

Laundry and house cleaning are often two different things. Your building will likely have someone, who will clean your apartment once a week for 500 per month. Many of the in house laundries are by the piece and can be pretty expensive. Find a once a week GF, and kill at least two birds with one stone. The floors will often be immaculate, but they are slack about cleaning up high, partly superstition and partly being 4'11".

Edited by bangmai

Have you went out looking for A maid lately?I have seen many ads people looking for maids.It's getting harder and harder all the time.And having one for 1 day A week only it might be even harder.Maybe try A University student.Be prepared to pay her big money.

Chump change isn't going to do it.

Agreed...ladies that are already on site..pay them cash direct. I think a uni girl would do it for 100 per hour..easily. I can't figure out why so many tend to inflate the wages of the locals. Hotel Maids are making closer to 50 per hour.

I would offer 500 baht and would think that most can take care of what you want in less than a day… you can probably get someone cheaper but 500 baht would make it a job that someone would both consider easy and profitable and might be happy to keep…

good luck… ask around in your building, your neighborhood - spread the word locally.

We had Myanmar maid for almost 4 years. Started her out at 300 a day, then 350, finally 400. She was a good worker and spoke English. She would come 2 days a week. Wednesdays for cleaning, Saturdays for cleaning and helping my with with the ironing. Then she got a boy friend from the Netherlands who was insanely jealous, and a bit of a nut job. It finally came do to us telling her she had to make a choice. She cried and said she was sorry, but picked the bf. Ok, no problem.

We have a Thai Yai husband and wife who live in the moo ban and maintain it. My wife spoke to the worker's wife, and the next day she brings her 25 year old sister. Cute, no English, very friendly, 25, married and has a little girl, and she impressed the hell out of me on her first day. Told her 300 a day for the first 6 months, and if good, a 50 baht raise. She was delighted. We'll have to see how things go, but looks good so far.

Thai official minimum wages are 300baht per day and cleaning is a minimum wage job.

She does it in 4 hours 150 baht.

But since you are a farang you are expected to at least triple it to 500baht for 4 hours work (means 1.5-2 hours work)

Since you will be overcharged for probably a bad job and maybe even stealing issues, best is to just hire from a professional cleaning company.

2 girls will come, with all cleaning supplies and will clean farang style (most of them do) costs, depending on wishes 400-600 baht per session.

Google for whatever city you are in "room house cleaning" or something

Agreed...ladies that are already on site..pay them cash direct. I think a uni girl would do it for 100 per hour..easily. I can't figure out why so many tend to inflate the wages of the locals. Hotel Maids are making closer to 50 per hour.

What drugs are you on? University kids cleaning houses? Get real. I can't think of a single college student I know (4 of the wife's cousins, neighbors kids, etc.) who would clean a house! In fact they don't know how. None of the wife's cousins have ever cleaned a house in their lives or ever cooked a meal - ever. We used to wonder why so many knives and forks, spoons, etc. were always missing. We finally figured out that one cousin would toss them in the trash rather than wash them! All they know is how to surf the net, play facebook, and listen to music with those ear buds in. It's amazing they get any homework done. Get real, you are talking about a past generation.

Who is "inflating wages of locals"? That is what they make (housekeepers that several clients). You won't get maids at hotels coming to your house. I don't know what "on-site" means. Our last housekeeper earned close to 30K per month. She did 2 houses per day as well as taking care of a few kids of her clients. Our current housekeeper is much lazier than the last and doesn't work as hard but she is doing pretty well as far as I can tell.

We pay our maid 7,000 a month for two days a week, 8 hours a day for our 325 sq mt duplex. We pay her this because she is really hard working and speaks fluent english. For this she dusts, hoovers, irons and will even cook for us. She is Bermese, and good maids like her are like gold dust. All Thai maids we had in the past were lazy and robbed us.