Every Year New Bank Statement ?

Must I renew every year the Bank statement that you need to show at Immigration for one year extension.

I have a Bank statement from my embassy datet november 2004, will there be problem at Immigration (Kap Cheung :o )

I transfer every month 65 000 baht to my bank account in thailand --- 800 000 one year

Thanks for your help

Must I renew every year the Bank statement that you need to show at Immigration for one year extension.

I have a Bank statement from my embassy datet november 2004, will there be problem at Immigration (Kap Cheung :o )

I transfer every month 65 000 baht to my bank account in thailand --- 800 000 one year

You’re obviously talking about the embassy certificate, not the bank letter.

Others have posted that when they showed Immigration the original and a photocopy at the time of application, the official kept the copy and returned the original to the applicant with the comment that he should use it again next year.

Lopburi has indicated that one can re-use the same embassy letter every year until the amount of pension being certified changes and if at such time one chooses to get a new embassy certificate.

--------------

Maestro

And, just to muddy that clear concept, I am one of the folks who had the Immigrations office want to keep the original. I had the original and two copies, he preferred to NOT return the original to me. I did not want to rock the boat, so I let him. Looks like another trip to BKK to the US embassy next year for me.