BBC Burmese channel slammed

snoop1130

BBC Burmese channel slammed
Eleven Myanmar

Yangon - BBC Burmese channel has drawn heavy criticism for its radio programme slotted for tomorrow night, as locals view it as an attempt to revive social division.

The outcry followed BBC's invitation on Facebook for locals to participate its programme titled "Should ex-Senior General Than Shwe be charged?"

Over 2,000 Facebook users commented on the post, with most urging others not to take part and calling on the BBC to cancel it.

Facebook user Wai Yan said: "I see it as BBC’s move towards inciting unrest as Daw Aung San Suu Kyi herself is repeatedly talking about national reconciliation and the people have been keeping silent in these three months before power transition as a gesture of respect for her."

Aung Zaw, another Facebook user, said Myanmar’s history has experienced a series of tragedies because of hatred and revenge. The country consequently lagged behind others in terms of development and fell under foreign power. He called for active participation in the effort to establish a democratic government that represents people.

Mann Aung Pyi Soe, vice-chairman of Phalon-Sawaw Democratic Party, said such a topic should not be discussed before power transition.

"Before power transfer, provocative discussions should not be held. We cannot say what will happen as a consequence. In my opinion, [the programme] should not be aired," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/BBC-Burmese-channel-slammed-30274747.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-11

I completely lost trust and respect for the BBC after their unbelievably false portrayal of the events in Bangkok around 2010. Total morons reporting to the world and not having a clue about what was actually going on. One incredibly ignorant reporter rachel something or other saying "And here we see the redshirts streaming in to Bangkok determined to fight for democracy" ! Give us a break, BBC, these old biddies were going in for thaksins 2,000 Bht per day, nothing else. At least make sure your reporters are aware of reality !

There are many instances of the BBC losing the plot. I would much rather watch Al Jazeera than the BBC here in Bangkok. Their reporting is fairer and their features more in depth. Many of their journalists are ex BBC and must enjoy their new life. BBC and its agenda is going in one direction....nearer to Fox.

I completely lost trust and respect for the BBC after their unbelievably false portrayal of the events in Bangkok around 2010. Total morons reporting to the world and not having a clue about what was actually going on. One incredibly ignorant reporter rachel something or other saying "And here we see the redshirts streaming in to Bangkok determined to fight for democracy" ! Give us a break, BBC, these old biddies were going in for thaksins 2,000 Bht per day, nothing else. At least make sure your reporters are aware of reality !

I think you're a bit confused, 2,000baht a day was the yellow traitors going rate.

There are many instances of the BBC losing the plot. I would much rather watch Al Jazeera than the BBC here in Bangkok. Their reporting is fairer and their features more in depth. Many of their journalists are ex BBC and must enjoy their new life. BBC and its agenda is going in one direction....nearer to Fox.

I totally agree. I think the BBC World TV News has given up on competing with Aljazeera. It has become almost as narrow as Fox News but in a different sense; totally Elitist and obsessed with status, economics and money. Look at their schedule just 'business news' this and 'business news' that from all over the World. It should be a 'Money' programme like 'Bloomburg'. And compare 'Click' with Aljazeera's 'Tecknow'.....Nothing about innovation to create a better and greener World; just promoting the latest hitec gadgets and gismos for those with money to burn. People in the UK have no idea what is being broadcast abroad in their name. It certainly does not represent me or Britain in all its glorious regional diversity. Most of the PC ethnic mix of presenters are so posh when they open there mouths it makes me want to puke!

..........Totally indelicate and undiplomatic for them to doing this in Burma..........Like a bull in a china shop!

Edited by SunsetT

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, at least make sure you are aware of reality!

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC should be focusing its attention on fixing the absurdity that is cultural marxism and political correctness in it's own backyard [England and Europe] before it tries to force it's self-hating, left-wing "progressive" socially "democratic" propaganda down other countries throats.

BBC, your BS is about as wanted as a fly is in my tom yum soup.

Britian left Myanmar back in 1948 and it doesn't want you back now. Get the hint and take a hike.