Thai company does not pay out salaries.

Some Farang working for a Thai company in Phuket and they have not received salaries for two months, And the company is doing well makes good money, Is there anyone out there who knows what office they should contact down here in Phuket about this problem.

Everyone has B-Visa and Work Permit.

And what a minimum wage that firm must pay every day to their employees ?

Thanks in advance.

Take it to the labor board. They seem to be balanced and will fight for the rights of the worker if the worker has been displaced.

DOCUMENT EVERYTHING! Run a daily diary of events and get witness statements. What is on paper holds more value in court than a 'he said, she said' argument. At least in the west.

A lawyer will take the case for a percentage from what I hear. The person bringing the case has to pay that out of pocket up front.

Good luck!

• Like 1

When I worked for a large American Company here and they considered that ex-pat employees are not protected under Thai Law. I worked for 2 years and the refused to give me severance pay but when I just threatened to go to the labour department they paid me 90 days salary. Some staff had worked here on contract for 6 years and the americans thought that the end of contract was the last salary payment. In fact Thai Labour laws take precedence over US and European labour contracts. The American company had to pay up to 240 days salary to some staff. If a company does not pay wages on the date due then they have broken your contract and if you have worked there for over a year you could get salary due plus severance pay of so many months per year worked. By not paying you for two months they may be trying to get you to leave of your own accord.

Employees should be aware that they will not be entitled to severance pay if they sign a resignation letter, even if they were in fact terminated prior to signing the resignation letter.

• Like 1

Depending on the nationality.

1. European countries (except Russia), Australia continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.

Baht 50,000/month

2. South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan and Hong Kong

Baht 45,000/month

3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam), South America continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

Baht 35,000/month

4. African countries (except South Africa), Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam

Baht 25,000/month

Teachers are exempt from minimum wage.

• Like 1

1. European countries (except Russia), Australia continent, Canada, Japan, and U.S.A.

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

3. Asian countries (except Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam), South America continent, Countries in Eastern Europe, Countries in Central America, Mexico, Turkey, Russia and South Africa

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

There is no minimum salary requirement for the work permit.

The salary requirement comes into play if the employee is looking to obtain a permission to stay extension.

• Like 1

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

The salary requirement comes into play if the employee is looking to obtain a permission to stay extension.

If you have B-Visa and Work permit you must have a minimum payment like Thai 300 Bath 1 day work ore min 9000 Bath fore 60 hour a week that`s the Lov in Thailand ?

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

If you have B-Visa and Work permit you must have a minimum payment like Thai 300 Bath 1 day work ore min 9000 Bath fore 60 hour a week that`s the Lov in Thailand ?

Got any proof of that ?

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

Aren't those figures the minimum levels of salary that the tax authorities/ labour dept assume will be paid in order to calculate the minimum tax payable if a work permit is being issued?

Thailand's minimum wage laws apply to Thais, not foreigners.

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

Aren't those figures the minimum levels of salary that the tax authorities/ labour dept assume will be paid in order to calculate the minimum tax payable if a work permit is being issued?

No

Those are the minimum salaries to apply for an extension based upon working under clause 2.1 of the police order. They are shown as annex A to the police order.

There is no minimum salary reqirement to apply for a work permit.

Which ever way you try to resolve the problem....be prepared for the Thai people owning the money to get all nasty and belligerent.

Not all Thais but definitely all too many do not like to part with their money when having to pay bills and expenditures and payrolls

They can be funny about that and commonly turn all small minded and miserly.

They are not the only people in the world like that...but .....plenty of the Thais also have that nasty aspect of the human character.

*** You may have to give them a copy of Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol ...with Ebenezer Scrooge

Cheers

When I worked for a large American Company here and they considered that ex-pat employees are not protected under Thai Law. I worked for 2 years and the refused to give me severance pay but when I just threatened to go to the labour department they paid me 90 days salary. Some staff had worked here on contract for 6 years and the americans thought that the end of contract was the last salary payment. In fact Thai Labour laws take precedence over US and European labour contracts. The American company had to pay up to 240 days salary to some staff. If a company does not pay wages on the date due then they have broken your contract and if you have worked there for over a year you could get salary due plus severance pay of so many months per year worked. By not paying you for two months they may be trying to get you to leave of your own accord.

Employees should be aware that they will not be entitled to severance pay if they sign a resignation letter, even if they were in fact terminated prior to signing the resignation letter.

Your story is very similar to mine except that the american oil n gas company wouldn't recognise thai laws applied, wouldn't pay me severance pay under thai law and it took well over a year and 3 labour court appearances for me to win my case.

To the OP the labour complaints office is very pro-employee. I went with the wife as translator to the office on Rama IV near hualamphong, the wife filled in a very simple claim form helped by the officer and that was it, notice was served on the company and me to appear at a hearing.

Do as somebody stated and keep putting things clearly in writing which illustrate that you've not been paid, payments of x and y were due on dates and you would like your employer to make due payment within x number days of this notice lwtter and make all future payments on the dates they are due.

]

Baht 50,000/month

Baht 45,000/month

Baht 35,000/month

Baht 25,000/month

Thailand's minimum wage laws apply to all employed in Thailand (Thai or non-Thai). Any work in Thailand must be under Thai law.