Canadian, Bulgarian arrested in Chiang Mai with 115 fake ATM cards

webfact

Canadian, Bulgarian arrested in Chiang Mai with 115 fake ATM cards
The Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- A Canadian and a Bulgarian have been arrested in Chiang Mai for using fake ATM cards with data of bank customers in France to withdraw cash in the northern city.

Chiang Mai police chief Pol Maj Gen Montree Samboonnanon told a press conference Tuesday that Ivan Todorov Ivanov, 43 who holds a Canadian passport, and Pavel Plamenov Petrov, 45 who holds a Bulgarian passport, were arrested at 10 pm in Muean Chiang Mai district while allegedly using fake ATM cards to withdraw cash.

Chiang Mai police hunted for the two after they were alerted by Kasikorn Bank that they had allegedly been using fake ATM cards to withdraw cash from several ATM machines in the northern province.

The fake cards have been coded with data of bank customers in France.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Canadian-Bulgarian-arrested-in-Chiang-Mai-with-115-30274960.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-15

"Ivan Todorov Ivanov". Sounds like a real Canadian name to me!!!

you do realize that Canada was built on immigration just like the US.

That means immigrants from all over the world not just Smith and Jones!!

Unless your name is sitting bull or crazy horse, then you are likely either an immigrant or an ancestor of an immigrant.

But maybe this guy just has a fake Canadian passport.

Could any1 shed some light on just how the bank detected the fake cards? just curious.....

I would think that many people have SMS Alerts as to any activity on their accounts in real time.

If you saw ATM withdrawals on your account you would call your bank immediately, who in turn calls the bank that owns the ATM machine, who would get pictures of the perpetrators, (also in real time) and then pass that to a special division of the police

who would immediately cease eating Som Tam and drinking Lao Kao, as the scent of money would be very strong, and spring into action to try to locate the perps while the trail is still hot.

I think it would go something like that anyway. That is purely speculation, from watching years of CSI on TV.

Sadly when a country opens its doors to immigrants and refugees like Canada does you have to take the good with the bad. I can understand to some degree the Donald's wish to have proper vetting of new arrivals. Once they leave their port of entry they are GONE!

Unless your name is sitting bull or crazy horse, then you are likely either an immigrant or an ancestor of an immigrant.

As they say in fencing "Touche" and yes your statement was a "NoBrainer" He should change his avatar name.

I was at the Police Station. I heard him say " Eh " and he said they were going to cross the ocean in "Aboot " . 100 % Newfie !

Sounds aboot right teh me, eh. I ben teh The Rock aboot a hundret toimes er more. Can't say Oi ever met a feller be deh name a Ivanov doh. Aboot tirty fie yer ago I met a wrestler be deh name a Ivanov down dere, but he wuz from sumwere upalong on deh mainland a Canada. Jes came teh Newfie wit hes friens teh do sum shows.

Edited by UPDEHSOI

Could any1 shed some light on just how the bank detected the fake cards? just curious.....

Someone in France had their card flagged because of an anomaly i.e. lost card or theft. Pick a number from 1 to 115. They were reaching and now the law is teaching them a lesson. Better to have been a small fry and stay under the radar. Ah dear brothers greed reared its ugly head.

Well done RTP these criminals come to Thailand with only one intent to rob and steal from Thais and tourists alike lock them up in the worst Thai prison for a few years then deported after fingerprint s and retina scan back home and never to be returned to Thailand, plenty local thieves to contend with without foreign ones coming in to help steal our hard earned money.

I was at the Police Station. I heard him say " Eh " and he said they were going to cross the ocean in "Aboot " . 100 % Newfie !

He will be a "Goofie Newfie" by the time he is released from the monkey house.

Probably from Quebec. whistling.gif

How typical. One guy suggests no true-blue Canuk would do such a scummy thing, the second (probably from Alberta, Canada's Baaabel Belt), covers all basis and suggests if it IS a scummy Canuk, he's from Quebec).

Irony is that both prove dimwitted, moronic tribalism is alive in Canada as anywhere else.

I think you mean descendant. Unless he was arrested singing "I'm my own grandpa."

How about police/bank reports from the account holders who were scammed?

Or a lot of unusual withdrawals in the same area from French banks?

Or CCTV showing one person making many withdrawals with different cards?

Edited by Alration