Best Sunday Roast in Pattaya?

rws85

I'll third Nicky's, been there a few times during my visits to Pattaya (after trying quite a few places around Pattaya), their

Sunday Roast is to die for....I always large it for the extra 50 baht or so which comes with extra veg and meat.. Their roasties are the

dogs mate and the beef is pucker.... I won't go nowhere else for me Sunday roast when in Pattaya even though as pointed out by

some that it is more expensive the most.... but hey if you want quality rather then quantity or ok then the extra baht is a non issue

http://nickysbarpattaya.com/

Know you wanted Pattaya, though having eaten in most of the places around Jomtien, The best roast pork meal is Shenanigan's.

The roast potato's need some improvement, though everything else is fine (lovely crackling).

I've eaten in some of the Pattaya restaurants over the years, nothing compelled me to go back.

Are you referring to Shenanigan's in the Avenue complex ???? Been closed for quite some time.

The replacement, an American style, will probably follow down the gurgler soon.

Just my opinion.

There's been a Shenanigans in Jomtien for a long time, which is the one I think the poster is referring to.

Can you give a location. I tried Googling it and came up with several different locations. Really miss the one that was in the Avenu

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shenanigans+Pub+Restaurant+And+Sports+Bar/@12.8996181,100.865972,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3102968ab1e9b53b:0x8ce473723386dcf5

Edited by SattahipBri

Are you referring to Shenanigan's in the Avenue complex ???? Been closed for quite some time.

Just my opinion.

There's been a Shenanigans in Jomtien for a long time, which is the one I think the poster is referring to.

Can you give a location. I tried Googling it and came up with several different locations. Really miss the one that was in the Avenu

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Shenanigans+Pub+Restaurant+And+Sports+Bar/@12.8996181,100.865972,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x3102968ab1e9b53b:0x8ce473723386dcf5

Thanks. I've probably seen that signage dozens of times without it registering.

Know you wanted Pattaya, though having eaten in most of the places around Jomtien, The best roast pork meal is Shenanigan's.

The roast potato's need some improvement, though everything else is fine (lovely crackling).

I've eaten in some of the Pattaya restaurants over the years, nothing compelled me to go back.

Just my opinion.

I second Shenanigans. Is it really gone? I was there only 4 weeks ago. Its on the corner of the complex (cant remember what called) on the road going towards the beach

I second Shenanigans. Is it really gone? I was there only 4 weeks ago. Its on the corner of the complex (cant remember what called) on the road going towards the beach

Shenanigans Pattaya closed years ago.

Shenanigans Jomtien is still there.

There is also a new one by the lake, just to add to the confusion.

Went to Sportsman's tonight for the Sunday carvery. Was pretty good I thought.

All you can eat, 425baht. They had two different roast hams, pork, beef and stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon.

All the meats were good.

It is quite good. The only problem is the price. For just a few tens of Baht more you can go to the Hilton for lunch (not on Sunday, admittedly) where you will get a complete meal of better quality in much better surroundings.

So yes, if you must have a proper Sunday lunch on Sunday the Sportsman is OK (though Dicey Reilly's is better if you can avoid the overcharging for drinks) but otherwise you would be better off having something else on Sunday.

All days seem the same to me here so I really dont care which day I have my Sunday lunch.

Went to Sportsman's tonight for the Sunday carvery. Was pretty good I thought.

All you can eat, 425baht. They had two different roast hams, pork, beef and stuffed chicken wrapped in bacon.

All the meats were good.

I also went to SPORTSMAN's yesterday, about 4:30 pm and although the all the roasts and vegetables were plentiful, I'm sorry to say that all but the ham and roast chicken tasted really bland to me. Everything looked decently roasted but the "medium" beef (no "rare" available) was dry and just sort of tasteless, same with the roast pork. Loading up with gravy didn't help much as that too seemed very bland as well.

No complaints about the vegetables or Yorkshire pudding, soup was good as well.

I still think it's a good value considering all the options and quantity of food but I think I'll be trying some of the others mentioned here before I return to Sportsman.

• 9 months later...

Is there anywhere nowadays that has roast turkey as an option for Sunday lunch rather than chicken? I assume the Thai ban on US turkey imports is still in force, but I don't see why they can't just import frozen turkeys from bird flu-free  Europe.

2 hours ago, Guderian said:

Is there anywhere nowadays that has roast turkey as an option for Sunday lunch rather than chicken? I assume the Thai ban on US turkey imports is still in force, but I don't see why they can't just import frozen turkeys from bird flu-free  Europe.

Dicey Reilly's used to have turkey. Not been for years (see previous 80B water rip-off comments) but they may still do so. The Hilton has turkey but the price is high and to me it seems a shame to eat boring turkey meat when one has paid that much and when other much nicer things are available in the same buffet.

I also never understood why a US turkey ban should stop Thailand from importing birds from the EU or Australia etc.

Yes, the drink prices in Dicey's are way OTT, I think a friend told me he paid 380 Baht for a pint of Stella a few weeks ago. I'm looking for a decent carvery at around 400 Baht a head, so that probably puts the Hilton out. Fraser's will roast a turkey to order if you tell them a few days in advance but you need 6-8 people in your party before they'll do it. I was hoping I could just take the teelac with me, not have to drag along half of her extended family from Laem Chabang as well.

On 12/17/2015 at 7:18 AM, KittenKong said:

Shenanigans Pattaya closed years ago.

Shenanigans Jomtien is still there.

There is also a new one by the lake, just to add to the confusion.

Shenanigan's Jomtien is now defunct.

Pig & Whistle Jomtien does it for me if I want a Sunday roast.

On 07/10/2016 at 7:28 PM, PattayaParent said:

On 07/10/2016 at 7:28 PM, PattayaParent said:

Some of these places serve fake rolled heated meats. (same P and W)  OK for Englishmen but us Ozzies prefer the real thing.

Edited by sandgroper2
added more

4 hours ago, sandgroper2 said:

Some of these places serve fake rolled heated meats. (same P and W)  OK for Englishmen but us Ozzies prefer the real thing.

Ah yes,   real Australians and real Australian meat.

Just pure class mate.   you got some sexy sheila's  as well  mate. :thumbsup:

tt.jpg