Where was my US Passport Issued?

It was issued "under authority of the US Dept of State," but where was it issued to you would be wherever it was given to you. Mine was issued to me in Bangkok. The receipt I was given along with the passport shows " US Embassy Bangkok."

My previous passport was produced somewhere in the US and issued "under authority of the US Consulate General Dubai," but he wasn't where it was issued. It was issued in Dubai.

Edited by Suradit69

It was issued "under authority of the US Dept of State," but where was it issued to you would be wherever it was given to you. Mine was issued to me in Bangkok. The receipt I was given along with the passport shows " US Embassy Bangkok."

My previous passport was produced somewhere in the US and issued "under authority of the US Consulate General Dubai," but he wasn't where it was issued. It was issued in Dubai.

A passport data page usually states the "Authority" which issued the passport . I applied for and received my passport in London but the issuing authority was the UKPA.

If I am required to state where my passport was issued I say "London by the UKPA"

• Like 1

whistling.gif The new one I received in June 2015 simply says Massachusetts there.

Actually I got it in the U.S. embassy in Bangkok.

Go figure.

I guess they simply use whatever you put on the application form as your U.S. home address.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

This is what I put on the TM7 form for my last 3 extensions in the issued at space "Department of State". No questions asked.

Before that I put national passport center because my old passport had that on it. Their is no issued at on US passports now.