Exited Thai and reentered without going another country

Not a problem as I do it all the time. Leave Thailand, then reappear 4 1/2 weeks later with no additional stamps in the passport. Only been queried once recently after the bomb blast inn BKK, this was at Swampy. Have also done the same leaving from Mapthaput and Songkla when working offshore in the Gulf of Thailand.

Cheers

Not a problem as I do it all the time. Leave Thailand, then reappear 4 1/2 weeks later with no additional stamps in the passport. Only been queried once recently after the bomb blast inn BKK, this was at Swampy. Have also done the same leaving from Mapthaput and Songkla when working offshore in the Gulf of Thailand.

Cheers

That is not the same as doing a crossing at a land border where you cross and enter another country. Immigration does normally check for entry/departure stamps for the other country on re-entry to the country.
except that some countries don't stamp your passport like Hong Kong or don't stamp anything because you are back in your own country and many countries don't stamp when you are leaving.

what they want is you to pay for the visa (like in Lao), it s all about selling visas.

Cheers

That is not the same as doing a crossing at a land border where you cross and enter another country. Immigration does normally check for entry/departure stamps for the other country on re-entry to the country.
except that some countries don't stamp your passport like Hong Kong or don't stamp anything because you are back in your own country and many countries don't stamp when you are leaving.

what they want is you to pay for the visa (like in Lao), it s all about selling visas.

I guess you did not notice I was specific when I wrote crossing at a land border. No mention of flying someplace.

Why would Thailand be interested in people having to pay for a visa for another country.

• Like 2

I guess you did not notice I was specific when I wrote crossing at a land border. No mention of flying someplace.

Why would Thailand be interested in people having to pay for a visa for another country.

Agree completely that one is supposed to get a stamp from the neighboring country, before returning at a land-border. Some report getting away with out it, others turned back around. I would not try it.

Airports are different - why one can "switch passports" and enter on one without an exit stamp from the last country.

There seems to be some level of cooperation between the immigration depts. For instance, Lao Customs at the border once questioned for awhile about "if I was working in Thailand". I don't, and when I offered to present bank statements to prove it, they backed off and stamped me in. Something motivated that guy to ask, and he seemed to be seeking a "reward" of some kind.

I would guess the policy is "we collect from your tourists on their border-runs, and you collect from ours," among other things.

Some posters should read what the OP is about!

Its about land crossing and turning around before the other checkpoint.

Sure arriving internationally at Suvarnabhumi no immi officer checks for foreign stamps (which many countries don't put anyway).

But if you come over a land crossing/bridge then they know there must be a stamp.

I did this at Nong Khai once a couple of years ago, never had a problem but I could have just been lucky, I could imagine that if you had a "on the ball" customs officer he would have used it as an excuse to screw some money from you or even conceivably not let you back in....

• 3 weeks later...

So if a person enters Thailand on his Canadian passport, leaves on his Canadian passport but enters Laos on his English passport he is breaking the law.....no.

So in the future when leaving and on the slight chance they catch it you could lie and say you have dual citizenship. When asked to show it.....say it expired.