Best village in pattaya for buy house 3 to 5 m

Hello, i am looking to buy a house in a secure village, with communal swimming pool and good manteninace. I will like to buy it near the teppresit area, but actually i don't really mind too much about location. What is important is that the village is secure and well mainteined

Do you have any name in mind that i can look?

I will like to find at least a 2/3 bedroom house and i have a budget beetween 3 and 5 milion

Thanks in advance

I visited a mate recently in naklua soi 12....he lives in a gated community about a kilometre inside....its on the way to the sanctuary of truth....on the right hand side. Was struck by how quiet and peaceful it was....none of the raucousness of pattaya. The house had top notch construction too....a large garden and patio outside and a common pool across the street.

As a suggestion it would be a good idea to ascertain if the management of the gated community have a documented and enforced dog control / excessive noise policy for the residents. I moved into a very quiet location, two weeks later a Thai neighbour relocated his dogs from his upcountry property. It was a nightmare for months as the dogs continually barked throughout the night, the guy refused to control his dogs.

You will have to visit as many villages as possible and better more than one time in each.

Yes dogs can be a huge problem, one house owner in my village got over 15 but thankfully we live in another soi so not effected.

We are near BKK/Patt hospital, PM me if you want more details.

Be aware of the villages on the inside of Sukhumvit road are way more expensive than on the dark side because of the land prices and you can only get a very small house/land in my village for 5 mill.

The further away from Pattaya city you get the more house/land you get for your money generally.

Good luck.

As a suggestion it would be a good idea to ascertain if the management of the gated community have a documented and enforced dog control / excessive noise policy for the residents. I moved into a very quiet location, two weeks later a Thai neighbour relocated his dogs from his upcountry property. It was a nightmare for months as the dogs continually barked throughout the night, the guy refused to control his dogs.

what did you manage to do about the dogs ?

I lived in a Gated Community once in Udon Thani and I would never do that again.

That beautiful pool developed a leak at the bottom, the water drained out, and in 2 years never got fixed. The Club House closed down shortly after that. The security which used to drive around the community every 2 hours stopped. At night time the main gate was wide open, with a guard (sometimes) found at the main gate sleeping. Sometimes nobody at all. That playing park for kids got overgrown with weeds. Everyone seemed to own a dog or two. When they weren't locked up barking all night, the were released in the day time so they could drag your garbage down the street and nobody would clean it up.

No Sir! Never again! I was only thankful that I rented then and didn't own.

There are far too many developments in and around Patts to name just one. I drove around for two months seeking my next RENTAL. By far, while E. Patts has its 'stigma' it is far better, IMHO, than living with the 'hiso's' in Patts proper.

My advice is not to buy house or expensive condo in Thailand!!!

If you decide to live here,much better is to build house and control expenses !!!

You can do it much cheaper(at least double cheaper) with much more quality!!!

We can not own land,but we can own house on our name.

Land to build we can rent on 30 years on renew option or buy on Thai wife!!!

Condos are far overpriced in Bangkok,Pattaya,Phuket etc. and not maintained well .

It is cheap here to rent condo and no need to buy!

If you decide to live here,much better is to build house and control expenses !!!

Condos are far overpriced in Bangkok,Pattaya,Phuket etc. and not maintained well .

Or buy land in company name..

thanks for all the replays. There are really a lot of village to look. I think it will take a lot of time for me to choose...

but is not an issue. I am not busy...tongue.png

if you have any other name in mind please let me know.

I am also thinking to build an house but is a bit complicated ...

Please explain to me how buying in a company name secures your investment, for you.

Please explain to me how buying in a company name secures your investment, for you.[/qu

in short you are able to be in control of your company even if you have 49%.

I find poisened chicken stops the barking

Drive around the villages and ask the farangs that you see what they think of living there

Most of the villages will let you drive right in once they see that your are a farang

Don't go by what you read here at Thai Visa since there are so many people with axes to grind that you only get the extremist views

Anything you do in this country will have risks, even crossing the road, yet people still seem to be able to get from one side to another

Decide what you want, it is your money after all

I own a condo which I found to be too restrictive. Could not find a house in a village that I liked so I built my own house in a village for the convenience of utilities (water, phone, and electricity) already in place. Not to mention I was able to fit it out the way I wanted, not what some Thai architect thinks I wanted. Add in the fact that I was able to control the quality of the materials used and it was a win, at least for me

• 3 weeks later...

Please explain to me how buying in a company name secures your investment, for you.[/qu

Is it true now?

Form a Company (Co.LTD) and the company buys the land. This used to be a very common solution for many foreigners over the past years, especially for those foreigners who wanted to do some business with that land. Just a few month ago however, the Thai Government has released some new laws or regulations that from now on, every land deal with companies involved, must be checked if foreigners are shareholders in that company (who want to buy) and if, the land can not be registered on the name of that company anymore.

It is called Dilution of shares, you own 49% and so long as you have at least two other shareholders that only have 25% and 26% respectively you have the majority so are the Company Director and call the shots and can replace the shareholders at will

And until sead provides a reference for these new laws see line 3 of my original post above

It is called Dilution of shares, you own 49% and so long as you have at least two other shareholders that only have 25% and 26% respectively you have the majority so are the Company Director and call the shots and can replace the shareholders at will

And until sead provides a reference for these new laws see line 3 of my original post above

That new law is in force for several years already. That is why now in Pattaya they register a company with 100% Thai shareholders and transfer 49% of the shares after the land is transferred at the land office.

That new law is in force for several years already. That is why now in Pattaya they register a company with 100% Thai shareholders and transfer 49% of the shares after the land is transferred at the land office.

Correct, that is why I asked for a reference to this "new" law. There are some minor differences between Land Offices. Pattaya land office did not have a "net worth" requirement for the 100% Thai company, where Sattahip required the company to prove that it has one million baht in capital before they will allow it to buy the land. Any lawyer that wants to deal with the Sattahip Land Office will have the million baht in his "escrow" account for the required proof

This is what people don't understand about these companies that are set up to control property. The Thai law prohibits foreigners from owning land but not from owning a company that owns land. So a 100% Thai company purchases the land and then you purchase the company and by diluting the shares and naming new shareholders you become the Company Director

Archived