Thank you for your support -- onto the Finals now

NancyL

Dear Chiang Mai forum readers,

Thank you for your support in allowing me to progress to the semi-final round of the ThaiVisa Poster of the Year POTTY (oops) POTY contest. I faced some stiff competition from the guys and it was heartening to see all the support from Chiang Mai.

Now I'm returning to ask for your vote again: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/879554-vote-now-poster-of-the-year-2015-sizzlin-hot-semifinal-round/

The contest winner receives a beautiful diamond tiara and a gilded certificate, suitable for framing. I thought both would come in handy next month when I go out to Chiang Mai Immigration Promenada to apply for my annual visa extension, based on Retirement.

Thank you for your vote,

Best regards,

NancyL

You have an excellent chance to be this year's Poster of the Year... hope you make it.

But overexposing yourself may prove to be counterproductive.

Stand for the election - don't run like the Americans do.

We here in Chiang Mai don't have a POTY to pee in.

it's unbelievable that some people actually care about this and lobby

What does it matter why people care about it.

If Nancy wants your vote give it to her, She does an awful lot to help unfortunate and sick expats in Chiang Mai.

She deserves your support.

I say VOTE 1 Nancy

it's unbelievable that some people actually care about this and lobby

What does it matter why people care about it.

If Nancy wants your vote give it to her, She does an awful lot to help unfortunate and sick expats in Chiang Mai.

She deserves your support.

I say VOTE 1 Nancy

And remember the old adage - VOTE EARLY, VOTE OFTEN.

I am not supposed to lobby, but I will say that NancyL had the unfortunate luck of competing with me last year, where I had been building up to that for three or four years (with some entertaining voting contest scandals that can't be mentioned). So it woulda been / shoulda been her year last year if it wasn't for me. The guilt about that haunts me and makes me want to eat a cookie. But I won't.

But NancyL is BACK and who is this Transam poseur really?

Edited by Jingthing

I am not supposed to lobby, but I will say that NancyL had the unfortunate luck of competing with me last year, where I had been building up to that for three or four years (with some entertaining voting contest scandals that can't be mentioned). So it woulda been / shoulda been her year last year if it wasn't for me. The guilt about that haunts me and makes me want to eat a cookie. But I won't.

Good to see the poll lord is impartial.

when i just saw the feild to cast my vote,

i was very surprised to see UPTHEOS and CHIANG MAI ,not in the starting line upfacepalm.gif

seems a boat race made for NANCY L

Not exactly. Despite the support of the estimated Poll Lord, this guy TransAm has consistently been in the lead all the way from nominations until now. I don't know who he is. I think his Home Forum is the "Farang Pub" forum, but I can't be sure if that's his constituency. Perhaps one of my supporters could do some research, please.

The little research I've done would indicate he supports driving aging overpowered gas-guzzling cars, singing karaoke to hard-driving geezer rock music and sipping cocktails on the beach at sunset. Now what kind of lifestyle is that? Is that the way you really want to spend your retirement? Is this someone to admire?

The little research I've done would indicate he supports driving aging overpowered gas-guzzling cars, singing karaoke to hard-driving geezer rock music and sipping cocktails on the beach at sunset. Now what kind of lifestyle is that? Is that the way you really want to spend your retirement? Is this someone to admire?

Well, if you put it that way, maybe! I will forgive him, though, for the "singing karaoke" bit as long as he promises not to do it in my neighborhood. thumbsup.gif

when i just saw the feild to cast my vote,

i was very surprised to see UPTHEOS and CHIANG MAI ,not in the starting line upfacepalm.gif

seems a boat race made for NANCY L

Not exactly. Despite the support of the estimated Poll Lord, this guy TransAm has consistently been in the lead all the way from nominations until now. I don't know who he is. I think his Home Forum is the "Farang Pub" forum, but I can't be sure if that's his constituency. Perhaps one of my supporters could do some research, please.

You seemed to be well liked and have many friends in the CM sub-forum Nancy. But the fact that you unaware of stalwart member Trans-Am really casts some doubt on your being an appropriate representative of this massive forum.

I think you just disqualifed yourself as Poll Lord or indeed as anyone having anything to do with the voting/competition process or its rulkes, don't you!!!

"apply for my annual retirement visa extension"

Well good luck with that one Nancy.

Nancy, will you be using a visa agent? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No, not for the first try anyway. If at first I don't succeed. I'll try, try again with one of the reputable, in-town visa agents like O.S. Thai Visa or Assist Thai Visa. Those agents have to send employees out to wait in the early morning queue just like us "retail" customers. No special treatment for them.

"apply for my annual retirement visa extension"

Well good luck with that one Nancy.

Nancy, will you be using a visa agent? cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No, not for the first try anyway. If at first I don't succeed. I'll try, try again with one of the reputable, in-town visa agents like O.S. Thai Visa or Assist Thai Visa. Those agents have to send employees out to wait in the early morning queue just like us "retail" customers. No special treatment for them.

Good luck with your extension, I hope that Imm. don't play some games with your application... My comment above was in jest..wink.png