Harbor Mall Pattaya - Opening date?

slafriphos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Spoke to the guard out front today and he says next month... so March.

Can also confirm Starbucks, Au Bon Pain, Chesters, KFC, and Oishi Shabu Shi will have outlets there. This is just a partial list.

Ask them to move to Jomtien .

Apparently it will also have Pattaya's first ice-skating rink.

Also saw adverts for a kids (and adult?) trampoline gym.

An ice-skating rink...I'd pay just to stand around in there during April and May!

This mall will be really kick-arse, especially for folks coming into town from the Darkside...no need to go below 3rd Road much anymore...Big C Extra, Foodland, Harbor Mall, and Welcome Town all lined up in a row on Central just below Sukhumvit.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

An ice-skating rink...I'd pay just to stand around in there during April and May!

This mall will be really kick-arse, especially for folks coming into town from the Darkside...no need to go below 3rd Road much anymore...Big C Extra, Foodland, Harbor Mall, and Welcome Town all lined up in a row on Central just below Sukhumvit.

Imagine the traffic when all cars going down the beach on Central rd. wants to turn right into Big C, Foodland and Harbor mall at the same time....

At least at the moment that stretch of central rd's been dead from the underpass roadworks, out of town traffic don't use the road to get to the beach like Central Mall much anymore...

What harbor (sic) are they referring to?

Looking over the construction site during heavy rain and looks like they could be referring to their basement

Slightly OT, but Central Mall on beach road calls their ground outside in front 'Sunken' I remembered the first year they opened and the first rainy days saw water gushed in from the sewers at street level and even inside in the Supermarket, looks like now they have pretty powerful pumps station along the beach road now

Imagine the traffic when all cars going down the beach on Central rd. wants to turn right into Big C, Foodland and Harbor mall at the same time....

At least at the moment that stretch of central rd's been dead from the underpass roadworks, out of town traffic don't use the road to get to the beach like Central Mall much anymore...

I don't think or worry about traffic much...it's just comes with living in a growing urban area. If one doesn't like it then it's time to move. The same was said about the traffic nightmares to come when they opened the Central Beach Mall and I have not noticed much, if any, difference from before it was built.

This is the best link http://harbor.co.th/directory_7.php Its called "Harbor Pattaya" Click on directory and it shows what is on all 10 floors

Nice link...I assume these are confirmed lessors. I note they show a Fuji outlet...a bit close to the Big C Extra branch. I also can't imagine the Value Max supermarket being much of a competitor to the Foodland next door.

I don't think or worry about traffic much...it's just comes with living in a growing urban area. If one doesn't like it then it's time to move. The same was said about the traffic nightmares to come when they opened the Central Beach Mall and I have not noticed much, if any, difference from before it was built.

You must not come out much, because traffic has increased immensely since Central opened. Don't know if Central is the reason but the traffic increase can not be neglected.

From that list I can imagine only 1 shop that is worth visiting, which is foodland.

Big C extra a quickly degrading supermarket, which will be turned back another 15 years in the time when it is taken over by Central group soon. It will be again what it was 20 years ago when it was owned by Central

Welcome town is just a shopping project that was dead on birth.

Harbor mall. We don't know yet, but going by the Harbor mall in Laem Chabang it can't even remotely compete with Central,

Just notice there's a FitnessFirst fitness/gym in that floorplan, this would almost warrant a thread on its own

What will be the subject of the thread? I guess a discussion about how fast they will close, because Pattaya doesn't have the people that want to pay the money Fitness first charges.

Max Valu can be found around Bangkok. I quite like them for in-house prepared meals and sweets that are very quite decent on the fly and cheap.

I think the Harbor Mall is going to give Big C some sleepless nights. Big C Extra Mall really needs a complete overhaul and renovation. Just like Fortune Town IT Mall did when Central Plaza Rama 9 moved in across Ratchada in BKK. FTown is all the better for it.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Max Valu can be found around Bangkok. I quite like them for in-house prepared meals and sweets that are very quite decent on the fly and cheap.

I think the Harbor Mall is going to give Big C some sleepless nights. Big C Extra Mall really needs a complete overhaul and renovation. Just like Fortune Town IT Mall did when Central Plaza Rama 9 moved in across Ratchada in BKK. FTown is all the better for it.

Competition is always good...for the consumer. Having 3 supermarkets within a couple blocks of each other isn't a bad thing ?

You must not come out much, because traffic has increased immensely since Central opened. Don't know if Central is the reason but the traffic increase can not be neglected.

I'm out and about almost daily (in a car). Like I said, increased traffic comes with urban growth and the plethora of shopping, dining, and entertainment options it brings. Probably most of the increased traffic you observe isndue to the growth of the Chinese group tour market over the past few years and not the opening of Central Beach mall. If one can't deal with it, it's time to move to the sticks.

From that list I can imagine only 1 shop that is worth visiting, which is foodland.

Big C extra a quickly degrading supermarket, which will be turned back another 15 years in the time when it is taken over by Central group soon. It will be again what it was 20 years ago when it was owned by Central

Welcome town is just a shopping project that was dead on birth.

Harbor mall. We don't know yet, but going by the Harbor mall in Laem Chabang it can't even remotely compete with Central,

Looks like TCC Group beat Central to taking over Big C.........

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/893436-tcc-group-to-take-over-big-c-operations-in-thailand-and-vietnam/

Would expect some upgrading at Big C Extra as they are likely to have plans to make changes to justify their investment. Will be interesting to see how they respond to the competition provided by Harbor Mall.

There's also an office block in the back of the harbor mall both the soon to be completed one on Central rd and the one in Laem Chabang,

ven if it's half full of tenants, having commuter traffic, even just motorcycles into that part of town will be interesting,

usually in Pattaya working hours is late for shop staff, the major shift is the one that finish around 9-10PM, having a massive office block with potential for extra 2-300 people for the shops within the mall alone would be quite challenging, but I imagine the office block part would be sticking to 8-5 schedule, so anyone needing to do school runs into Pattaya could be impacted