Am I in Black List or Not ? Help Please

Thanks all for comments for suggest to me,

I am 35 years old. So retired visa is not able smile.png I used visa during 2.5 years, tourist and last non-b , as like study.

And I support to my gf about financial..

And now, thaivisa.com answered to me, they says '' you are not in blacklist'' I think I should try to entry again , with new passport , return ticket , more money , and with good view .

If it were me in your position, I would add some kind of recently dated proof of iregular ncome from Turkey to your list (or assets sufficient to show you don't need to work in Thailand). Not to the Thai retirement visa standard, but just something to the aforementioned "sufficiency" level. I'm not sure "Clause 2" money in your pocket will satisfy Immigration's "Clause 3" concerns. You will have to determine for yourself what best meets this documentation objective. I've never been asked for them, but now always travel with electronic versions of recent monthly financial statements as well as a pension statement which, for tourist visa purposes, I presume to be more than adequate.

Hi Hawker, Thank you for advise, And I agree, But now I don't working in Turkey, I have enough money. So how I can prove to them ? I no have regular income monthly financial statements

I have a limited company with my friend, %50 of me %50 of my friend. But this company doesn't work since 3-4 years. If I show to them notary certification, and if I say , I have company in turkey etc... is this can help to me ? And I have bank account in Turkey. usually I not use it . If I put in the account some money 1500 - 2000 euro , and get receipt, and ATM card. This too can help me ?

This is my status. Please advise me a way. How I can do, What I must do,,,, I want to go to Thailand prepared about all.. I don't want to denial entry again.

Regards

You state you have money. Where do you keep it? I would think you could come up with some kind of proof you have the funds to live on here without working here.

• Like 1

I am 35 years old. So retired visa is not able smile.png I used visa during 2.5 years, tourist and last non-b , as like study.

And now, thaivisa.com answered to me, they says '' you are not in blacklist'' I think I should try to entry again , with new passport , return ticket , more money , and with good view .

If it were me in your position, I would add some kind of recently dated proof of iregular ncome from Turkey to your list (or assets sufficient to show you don't need to work in Thailand). Not to the Thai retirement visa standard, but just something to the aforementioned "sufficiency" level. I'm not sure "Clause 2" money in your pocket will satisfy Immigration's "Clause 3" concerns. You will have to determine for yourself what best meets this documentation objective. I've never been asked for them, but now always travel with electronic versions of recent monthly financial statements as well as a pension statement which, for tourist visa purposes, I presume to be more than adequate.

Hi Hawker, Thank you for advise, And I agree, But now I don't working in Turkey, I have enough money. So how I can prove to them ? I no have regular income monthly financial statements

I have a limited company with my friend, %50 of me %50 of my friend. But this company doesn't work since 3-4 years. If I show to them notary certification, and if I say , I have company in turkey etc... is this can help to me ? And I have bank account in Turkey. usually I not use it . If I put in the account some money 1500 - 2000 euro , and get receipt, and ATM card. This too can help me ?

This is my status. Please advise me a way. How I can do, What I must do,,,, I want to go to Thailand prepared about all.. I don't want to denial entry again.

Regards

In my opinion, statements concerning ownership of some non-operating company will at best just confuse any Thai immigration officials you attempt to show them to, and possibly even deepen their "Clause 3" suspicions. You need evidence of current, liquid income or assets in Turkey. If you cannot produce any documentation of that, then I can't imagine how to advise you. If you were staying in Turkey, what would you be living on?

I am not exactly sure how opening a Thai bank account is going to prove to Immigration that you are ONLY a tourist !!!! If you are coming here pretending to be a tourist...the last thing you want to show them is your Thai bank account !

I agree

Vientiane always accepted a Thai bank book when asking for proof of funds to approve a 4th or 5th tourist visa. Tourists do occasionally open bank accounts in other countries, e.g. to avoid ATM fees. Transfers into the account can be shown as originating from abroad.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/676052-double-entry-tourist-visa-refused-at-vientiane-red-stamp/#entry6945899

I am not exactly sure how opening a Thai bank account is going to prove to Immigration that you are ONLY a tourist !!!! If you are coming here pretending to be a tourist...the last thing you want to show them is your Thai bank account !

I agree

Vientiane always accepted a Thai bank book when asking for proof of funds to approve a 4th or 5th tourist visa. Tourists do occasionally open bank accounts in other countries, e.g. to avoid ATM fees. Transfers into the account can be shown as originating from abroad.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/676052-double-entry-tourist-visa-refused-at-vientiane-red-stamp/#entry6945899

I don't think this is a silver bullet in the OP's case as he's not trying to prove sufficiency of funds for a visit, but rather that he's got income at home and not living & working in Thailand. Neither is his problem trying to get a visa, in Vientiane or anywhere else. Rather, his problem is gaining entry at immigration. A Thai bank book isn't apparently the answer, and may actually be counterproductive in this case). See uj's post earlier about Section 12, Clause 2 vs Clause 3 denials (again, at an immigration point, not by an embassy or consulate abroad). Edited by hawker9000
  • Like 1

I agree

I don't think this is a silver bullet in the OP's case as he's not trying to prove sufficiency of funds for a visit, but rather that he's got income at home and not living & working in Thailand. Neither is his problem trying to get a visa, in Vientiane or anywhere else. Rather, his problem is gaining entry at immigration. A Thai bank book isn't apparently the answer, and may actually be counterproductive in this case). See uj's post earlier about Section 12, Clause 2 vs Clause 3 denials (again, at an immigration point, not by an embassy or consulate abroad).

You are right. A Thai bank book, in this case, is a very bad idea.

The OP has lived here for 2.5 years and already been denied re-entry. He's going to try and enter again with a tourist visa. Immigration expect a tourist to stay a short time and leave. Showing a Thai bank account wouldn't IMO help convince Immigration, already suspicious that he's working, that he's planning to leave.

Based on what I've read the OP has no job/business in Turkey, or investment income/capital to demonstrate that he doesn't need to work. He is planning to come back with only 1,500 to 2,000 Euros in a Turkish bank, and with a plan to marry his fiancé and presumably continue living here. IMO he's going to need a miracle and a very accommodating IO to get back in on that basis. IO's often get it right!

• Like 1

I agree

I don't think this is a silver bullet in the OP's case as he's not trying to prove sufficiency of funds for a visit, but rather that he's got income at home and not living & working in Thailand. Neither is his problem trying to get a visa, in Vientiane or anywhere else. Rather, his problem is gaining entry at immigration. A Thai bank book isn't apparently the answer, and may actually be counterproductive in this case). See uj's post earlier about Section 12, Clause 2 vs Clause 3 denials (again, at an immigration point, not by an embassy or consulate abroad).

Yes you r so right, my problem is not visa. My problem, how I can do successful entry,,, If I have thai bank account , they will suspecting more.

I thinking to come to thailand 1 month later. If I do, put money in my account , and enter-exit enter-exit since 1 month, and get a extract of account, is this can help ? How you think ? or I m thinking bullshit :) This problem make me paranoia ,

Regards

In my opinion, statements concerning ownership of some non-operating company will at best just confuse any Thai immigration officials you attempt to show them to, and possibly even deepen their "Clause 3" suspicions. You need evidence of current, liquid income or assets in Turkey. If you cannot produce any documentation of that, then I can't imagine how to advise you. If you were staying in Turkey, what would you be living on?

I agree to ur opinion. my mind so complex I thinking all. Before when I have been in thailand, I sold my asset, (car, shop) and went to thailand with a million more. now I staying with my family. Dad and mom retired teacher.

I agree ur opinion but, why u thinking I need a miracle ,, I am hearing , every day many turkish entry to in thailand, Some peoples so easily pass to passport control point without problem, some peoples go to side room for apply a form and go to in. And not only turkish many citizen is same like this.

The OP has lived here for 2.5 years and already been denied re-entry. He's going to try and enter again with a tourist visa. Immigration expect a tourist to stay a short time and leave. Showing a Thai bank account wouldn't IMO help convince Immigration, already suspicious that he's working, that he's planning to leave.

Based on what I've read the OP has no job/business in Turkey, or investment income/capital to demonstrate that he doesn't need to work. He is planning to come back with only 1,500 to 2,000 Euros in a Turkish bank, and with a plan to marry his fiancé and presumably continue living here. IMO he's going to need a miracle and a very accommodating IO to get back in on that basis. IO's often get it right!

I agree ur opinion but, why u thinking I need a miracle ,, I am hearing , every day many turkish entry to in thailand, Some peoples so easily pass to passport control point without problem, some peoples go to side room for apply a form and go to in. And not only turkish many citizen is same like this.

I don't think, everyone's regular income, presence, regular job in their country... Maybe I will need a chance.. Do you have idea , How I should be, for avoid suspicion.

Matter of opinion. I don't think anyone knows enough to state absolutely that it's a 'very bad idea' as you've done here. On the other side of the argument, IOs often don't want to look at foreign bank statements, they aren't forensic scientists. They can get moody and lose face when expected to understand foreign bank statements. Vientiane didn't like doing that, and they have a lot more time than an IO at a border with a long queue of people to deal with.

Obviously cash is best, goes without saying. But a Thai bank book isn't necessarily a terrible idea, depends on the IO. I haven't met one that thinks a foreigner having a Thai bank account means he isn't a tourist. If it was me, in the unlikely event I was asked I'd have a printout of Bangkok Bank's website where they explicitly state it's possible to open an account on a tourist visa, and I'd explain in Thai that ATM fees are high with foreign cards.

I don't think, everyone's regular income, presence, regular job in their country... Maybe I will need a chance.. Do you have idea , How I should be, for avoid suspicion.

I don't think you'll need a miracle, just use all the tips given so far.

Maybe it'll be an unpopular suggestion but to be honest if it was me I'd try flying into Laos then coming over a land border to Thailand. They really don't seem to care and just stamp people through as fast as they can, whereas at airports they're more defensive.

Or at least that would be my backup option if I got rejected again at an airport after following the advice in this thread so far.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

I don't see how you can avoid suspicion because it already exists.

You are not a typical Turkish national visiting as a tourist and will not be viewed as a tourist but as someone likely to be living here long term You have lived here 2.5 years and it is reasonable for an IO to suspect you plan to do the same again. Someone living here long term needs cash in the bank or an income so when immigration suspect someone is working they want to know how the person is funding that stay.

There are two issues. Showing cash in the bank would satisfy that you can afford to fund the period of your (60 day) stay but it doesn't detract from the suspicion of working or intension to stay another 2.5 years. The only way to reduce the suspicion of working is to show that you work in your home country or have enough money that you don't need to work.

Your situation is very simple. Get a new visa and try to re-enter. You might be lucky and the next IO will ignore your history and the previous denied entry. However, I believe it's more likely that they will question you again and unless you can give evidence of income/capital and a reason to go home you will probably be denied again. The decision for denial is purely down to the IO and senior officer.

Do not enter by land border as you have even less chance of being admitted. FYI, if you are denied entry at the airport you have the choice to fly anywhere.

Follow the advice given and enter with an onward flight to Turkey, a min 20k in your pocket and proof of as much money in your Turkish bank as possible.

• Like 1

Thank you all, for value advises.

Last time, I want to ask something,

I have a friend in bangkok; he s have company. He will set for me a invitation letter, like I come for visiting to that company, as like a businessman,, He said, no worry ur wont a problem when u have entry. I will come with, return ticket, hotel booking , 20K in my pocket, Turkish bank book (1000-2000 euro), criminal doc. just if they suspicion from someone , then they bring to side room and check all, If they not suspicion , then sometimes just apply a form sometimes no apply a form and let in,

How you thinking about that all friends ? regards all

I have a friend in bangkok; he s have company. He will set for me a invitation letter, like I come for visiting to that company, as like a businessman,, He said, no worry ur wont a problem when u have entry. I will come with, return ticket, hotel booking , 20K in my pocket, Turkish bank book (1000-2000 euro), criminal doc. just if they suspicion from someone , then they bring to side room and check all, If they not suspicion , then sometimes just apply a form sometimes no apply a form and let in,

I am sure your friend must be giving you good advise .

How many years can you support her on 20K baht and 1000-2000 Euros ?

Tonray do you think I am stupid ?

No, not at all..but you seem to be somewhat evasive as to where your funds are hidden. If there is more...put them into bank account and show Immigration...make life easy. Sorry to offend but you asked for help but only give half the story line.

If I can ask this question...then Immigration after seeing your past record will ask the same thing..."sir, how did you live for 2.5 years in Thailand with limited funds ?"

How many years can you support her on 20K baht and 1000-2000 Euros ?

Tonray do you think I am stupid ?

No, not at all..but you seem to be somewhat evasive as to where your funds are hidden. If there is more...put them into bank account and show Immigration...make life easy. Sorry to offend but you asked for help but only give half the story line.

If I can ask this question...then Immigration after seeing your past record will ask the same thing..."sir, how did you live for 2.5 years in Thailand with limited funds ?"

For ur comments for ur advise for help, thank you, But u asked to me'' how many years u will support her with that money'' I thought u kidding me... My support for her not so much, so little cost. She don't need my money already, She's have self work. If I entry in, I will have money for living in there. but in here I have just this money. And I searching still to declaration doc, for 25K euro. If I found that doc, and If they ask to me how u lived since 2.5 years in here, Then i can show to that declaration, and i can saying '' with this money''

IMHO you need to stop finding different ways of telling the IO you intend to stay long term in Thailand. You do not have the financial wherewithal to justify a long stay. Your best chance of being admitted is to convince the IO that you only intend to stay 60 days (whether or not that is true). Unless your friend can provide documentation sufficient to apply for a non Imm B visa application, any latter he provides will just raise doubts about your intention to visit as a tourist and then leave.

I have a friend in bangkok; he s have company. He will set for me a invitation letter, like I come for visiting to that company, as like a businessman,, He said, no worry ur wont a problem when u have entry. I will come with, return ticket, hotel booking , 20K in my pocket, Turkish bank book (1000-2000 euro), criminal doc. just if they suspicion from someone , then they bring to side room and check all, Ify they not suspicion , then sometimes just apply a form sometimes no apply a form and let in,

IMHO you need to stop finding different ways of telling the IO you intend to stay long term in Thailand. You do not have the financial wherewithal to justify a long stay. Your best chance of being admitted is to convince the IO that you only intend to stay 60 days (whether or not that is true). Unless your friend can provide documentation sufficient to apply for a non Imm B visa application, any latter he provides will just raise doubts about your intention to visit as a tourist and then leave.

I think BritTim has a good point. Furthermore, your evasiveness about where your money comes from kind of tickles my suspicions as well. Finally, I think former longstayers on other kinds of visas, e.g., ED visas, or visas which formerly allowed them to work, who then turn up with tourist visas, tend to raise the suspicions of IOs.

I think I would advise that you return to Turkey and remain there for at least six months. A year would be better. Then obtain yout tourist visa from there (there, in Turkey, your home country,,, nowhere else), no matter how difficult that particular embassy might be to deal with. Compile some documentation showing conclusively that you live & work (or have assets that you live on) in Turkey. Then try & re-enter.

The Friendship Bridge gambit strikes me as a Hail Mary play... No IO anywhere - no matter how busy they are or how big the waiting crowd - is going to be able to help but see your previous denial of entry or the reason why. If you try & fail, you'll then have two denials on your record.

The letter from your friend?? Hmmm. Ok, let's say I'm the IO, and you show up after 2.5 yrs of living here and then being denied entry on a TV for suspicion of illegally living or working here, this time with a letter saying you're here to visit a "friends business". That just doesn't really float my boat. Others might disagree.

A letter like this will just make the situation worse. Very bad idea.

Non 'B' visas are needed for someone wanting to work in Thailand or conduct business, but you need more than just a letter to get either. Unless your friend is going to give you a formal job offer and all the supporting paperwork you won't get a non 'B' visa. Unless you are going the non 'B' visa route you can forget about the letter from your friend. It will not help.

• Like 1

Again...not trying to really get up in your business....BUT...wouldn't it make more sense at some point in your life to restart you business in Turkey, put some real savings away for the future (marriage, family, etc) instead of chasing some girl in Thailand without any real assets built up for the future. If she loves you and you love her, that would seem to be a good plan.

if you were my own son, this is the same advice I would give.

Good luck and my suggestion is think about your long term future instead of short term schemes trying to get into Thailand.

Calm down guys :) I just need to ur opinions. Some friends said, u should get non-b visa if ur friend apply a letter for u,,,, I wont go to there for working in that company;; Just for visit them, I never heard who had taken non-b visa for visit to an company :) ? Anyone heard to it ? For example; I want to buy a machine from china , and I want to see that machine, For go to china and for see it, I have to business visa for china right :)) Some friend talking like this,,,, It s so funny.

I have 2-3 friend in bkk, I just know them not real friend. they staying since 3-4 years on tourist visa, they said never was a problem about IO. and I really so marvel. A friends says, '' I always using to laos, for get tourist visa. and when I entry to thailand, showing gf ID card copy, and thai bank account, they always allow to me in.'' :) When I stay in there I always go to penang with car. and when I entry to thailand from sadao border,with my gf, officer always examine to me, Hence I dont understand , someone entry so easy someone so hard,

Calm down guys smile.png I just need to ur opinions. Some friends said, u should get non-b visa if ur friend apply a letter for u,,,, I wont go to there for working in that company;; Just for visit them, I never heard who had taken non-b visa for visit to an company smile.png ? Anyone heard to it ? For example; I want to buy a machine from china , and I want to see that machine, For go to china and for see it, I have to business visa for china right smile.png) Some friend talking like this,,,, It s so funny.

Non 'B' visas used to be easy to get. You could get, from some embassies/consulates, a 1 year multiple entry on the basis of looking for work. Things have changed and you won't get one issued on the basis your friends suggest.

All the information you need about 'B' visa requirements is on the Ankara website, http://thaiembassyturkey.com/en/consular-service/consular-service-4

• Like 1