What questions would you like to ask the Poster of the Year Finalists?

Jingthing

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure how this voting system works but I think the best way to judge is to factor in LIKES . If someone posts 4000 times in a year and only receives 2000 LIKES it shows that most of his posts are just one liners or posts that don't really add to the subject. Now if a poster has 200 posts and 500 likes then I would say that they posted things that got attention and inspired people to comment and added to the subject. These are the sort of people who matter most. In addition, people who assist others on medical and engineering matters are important and should be considered before anyone who just takes up space and bandwidth.

My question; Do you believe that you have truly helped others on this site or created thoughtful discussions on important matters or events ?

Which one of your posts reflect the real you and why ?

I have already suggested about the "likes" That would be the way to find the genuine "poster of the Year".

It comes up every year. Why have a voting contest then, at all? Nobody is stopping people from doing the math but that is a different think than a voting contest. Also, to add, this year Like ratio math has already been used for TIE BREAKERS.
Would be interesting reading to see who has the most Likes over all, the most likes for one post, the most posts, the most suspensions, etc etc ....

For the record i sold this car

12 posts total to do so site and all in 2013. Actually forgot the data, but ...Everyone can see^.
Defunct account. What business is that of anyhow now?
More to the point what are you saying transam and how do you know.

Think you Mr.Angry need a cold one....If you have a problem with your bird, I commiserate. This is TVF fun for Christmas, you don't want it, then stay away and sort out your stuff....thumbsup.gif

Point is why bragg about connections on open forum when it is obvious you impugn the source.

And secondly TV should not be handing around personal data.

I have nothing to do with TVF.....I do know lots about departed members who joined other LOS forums and try and disrupt our fun here....I am fed info FROM THOSE forums members AND read writing styles to perhaps make an assumption..

Members who want to try to downgrade our bit of fun are looked at as daft.....Make your own assumption..whistling.gif

Actually Transam I am not trying to disrupt you fun as you say,

I am upset of your receipt of the above data from 2013. I used TV to sell a car and people here were very good in helping me to do so. !2 psot was all it took. The account i have here has always been my active one as you can see from 2007ish not long after i arrived in Los.

You should not know some of this though. That is the disturbing thing.

I am an integral member and a good friend of Thailand. My posting interests and history atests to this. As do my work and asset spread.

Your fun is the lest of my concerns as i deal with bigger things M-F.

But you still should not know what you do and this should be an issue for all TV posters.

Question

Why is transam bangin' on about usernames?

Cos ol' Trans actually knows a lot...Not just hansum with an angels voice....Trans has friends out there......smile.png .......What song would you like to hear....?....giggle.gif

So transam is saying that TV moderators shares personal information with him.

Stupid boy....Gawd..........It seems you are someone looking for trouble...Twisting stuff..I think I know who you are or should I say WERE....Crawl back chummy...Not wanted here.........Get a bird, do something useful...Theres a good chap...rolleyes.gif

And if this is the literacy required to be POTY, then God help standards as they once were known

I am not sure how this voting system works but I think the best way to judge is to factor in LIKES . If someone posts 4000 times in a year and only receives 2000 LIKES it shows that most of his posts are just one liners or posts that don't really add to the subject. Now if a poster has 200 posts and 500 likes then I would say that they posted things that got attention and inspired people to comment and added to the subject. These are the sort of people who matter most. In addition, people who assist others on medical and engineering matters are important and should be considered before anyone who just takes up space and bandwidth.

My question; Do you believe that you have truly helped others on this site or created thoughtful discussions on important matters or events ?

Which one of your posts reflect the real you and why ?

I have already suggested about the "likes" That would be the way to find the genuine "poster of the Year".

It comes up every year. Why have a voting contest then, at all? Nobody is stopping people from doing the math but that is a different think than a voting contest. Also, to add, this year Like ratio math has already been used for TIE BREAKERS.
Would be interesting reading to see who has the most Likes over all, the most likes for one post, the most posts, the most suspensions, etc etc ....

Yes, that would be very interesting, but the 'Likes' would have to be in comparison with the amount of posts.

The amount of suspensions would be very interesting.

I have nothing to do with TVF.....I do know lots about departed members who joined other LOS forums and try and disrupt our fun here....I am fed info FROM THOSE forums members AND read writing styles to perhaps make an assumption..

Members who want to try to downgrade our bit of fun are looked at as daft.....Make your own assumption..whistling.gif

Actually Transam I am not trying to disrupt you fun as you say,

I am upset of your receipt of the above data from 2013. I used TV to sell a car and people here were very good in helping me to do so. !2 psot was all it took. The account i have here has always been my active one as you can see from 2007ish not long after i arrived in Los.

You should not know some of this though. That is the disturbing thing.

I am an integral member and a good friend of Thailand. My posting interests and history atests to this. As do my work and asset spread.

Your fun is the lest of my concerns as i deal with bigger things M-F.

But you still should not know what you do and this should be an issue for all TV posters.

What do you want to know about me........?

A big fat zero.

It is an internet forum with usernames. That is the point. I know what i read, which admittedly can be a challenge. ...

And Trans has ONE, has for near nine years here, no other, I will not go down that route......I am happy and clear headed about that....smile.png

But poster of the year wannabe, POTYW, how did you know that in 2013, i used 12 posts to sell a car under another name?

And Trans has ONE, has for near nine years here, no other, I will not go down that route......I am happy and clear headed about that....smile.png

But poster of the year wannabe, POTYW, how did you know that in 2013, i used 12 posts to sell a car under another name?

I didn't, but now folk know you have a zillion user names...MY POINT....Trans has always used one, poster of the year ( hmmm) who don't need that stuff....gigglem.gif

Zillion user names !!!!

Now you are audio tuning Trump again onto TV.

OK,

We've got our five finalists for the GRAND FINALE of the POTY contest 2015. Voting has started.

So I had to cobble together this 10 question list. Deadlines, you know.

Thanks to all who did make sincere suggestions.

This is the list that is going out to all five finalists.

Hopefully, they will respond as PM communication indicated they were game to do so:

__________________________________Going to the 5 FINALISTS

10 questions
5 silly questions and 5 substantive questions
Please answer as soon as you can and post on the forum in the GRAND FINALE VOTING thread.
The deadline for voting for the Grand Finale is 30 December so you have plenty of time to answer.
To skip a question, just say PASS.
5 Silly questions
Emoticons --
If you use emoticons, what do you think is the one emoticon that you use most often? If you don't, what would it be if you did use them?
Thai food --
What are your five favorite Thai food dishes, if you eat Thai food, and if you don't eat Thai food, why not?
Poster of the Year Crown --
Please describe what your fantasy crown would look like if you win Poster of the Year?
Nationalities --
If you had to live in another country than Thailand, but not your home country, which country would be your first choice and why?
(Regardless of visa and financial limitations.)
Thainess-osities --
Would you miss bum guns if you left (or have left) Thailand? Would you (have you) install a Thai bum gun outside Thailand?
5 Substance questions
Thread samples --
Please provide links to a few threads that you started that you feel best represent the style of your participation at Thaivisa.com forum.
Posting so much --
People in contention for POTY awards are sometimes high volume posters. Please share your feelings about members who post a lot, whether that includes you or not.
Self evaluation, rate 1 to 10 --
With 1 being lowest and 10 being highest, please RATE YOURSELF on your posts at Thaivisa. Careful about too much BS as people who know your posts may easily detect that.
Just a number please on each one. 1 to 10. No words.
Wittiness
Helpfulness
Trollishness
Knowledge level on topics posted
Hotheadedness
Curiosity
Patience with others who behave badly
Bombasity
Spiciness
Entertainment value
Writing quality
Thai-ier than thou level
Your BRAND on Thaivisa --
How would you describe your "BRAND" in the political sense as a poster on Thaivisa and finalist in the POTY contest? Everyone seems to have a brand these days. Ideally a brand is one word, a few words, or at most a short sentence. If you don't want to boil this down to a brand label, talking about the forums you usually post in here and your most frequent topic areas will provide similar information.
Winning POTY --
What would winning the POTY Grand Finale mean to you? Do you want to win? Why? There is no cash prize, you know.
Edited by Jingthing