Do they accept thb at kuala lumpa airport ?

Ooladolla

whistling.gif Yes, the usual banks are there to change Baht to Malay money.

In KL many of the cafes will also accept foreign cash

But I recommend you change to one of the Big three currencies first ...Dollars, Pound, or Euro first before you leave Thailand.

You will probably get a better rate for one of those "big three" currencies.

A Bangkok Bank Be1st ATM / debit card will work in ATMs there.

But, of course, there is a small fee for Thai ATM cards.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

The question was if shops accepted baht for payment - I seriously doubt it as Thailand Consulate does not even accept baht. But as said should not be any issue in converting at a money changer.

That said expect most shopkeepers would have a good idea of the current exchange rate and likely would make an unofficial conversion to there favor.

whistling.gif I know for certain that some food places in KL airport will accept dollars for cash purchases, even at a lower rate.

I assume that is probably true for pounds or Euro also.

That is why I would use one of those 3 currencies

I spent 5 hours waiting for a flight there in KL airport.

I can't imagine any outlet in KLIA accepting baht. Buy dollars/pounds/euros before you leave as buying ringgit can be difficult even in a resort like Pattaya. Or spend 150 or so on an ATM withdrawal. Either way will cost you less than the terrible rate you'll be offered if anyone is willing to take baht. And don't change baht for ringgit inside the airport as the exchange rate will be very unfavorable.

I got taken for about 12% from the exchange booths when I needed to change a largish sum from Baht to Ringgit. Every bank counter (several different ones) had identical exchange rates.

Still, if it's only for buying food and drink, I guess the rates aren't that bad.