Koh Tao verdict expected on Dec 24

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guilty by a trial that in many countries would never have even happened - I think this will do a large amount of damage to Thailand's international reputation and many tourist may find themselves considering if they want to visit a country that appears to have such a deeply flawed law and order system

Well I'm now sure that the Judges in this trial have either been paid off or the big boss has put his oar in..There is no way with the lack of evidence produced and flawed procedures that any credible court could arrive at this decision...Very sad for the many good Thai people...

Time (for me) to leave this dysfunctional country... whoever fits in this joke, please do not even comment my post and enjoy your stay.

I would never want me or any member of my family being involved in any court here.

Another nail in the coffin. I am disgusted, worried and totally shocked.

What a travesty. Land of shame.

Vote with your feet people. We made a decision to spend our tourist dollars elsewhere about a year ago.

I tell anyone else who cares to listen about this "influential people" aspect of Thailand. It's wrong, no one should be above the law.

I feel for those westerners who live in Thailand, and for so many wonderful Thai people, I hope for reform.

The judicial system would be a good start.

Sky sports live..David Millars family speaking live !..The family say this judgement is justice for Hannah and David.. They say they have gained respect for the Thai judges.We respect this court and judges and court completely..We believe the Royal Thai police did a very good investigation.. There are speaking very very strongly that the B2 have shown no remorse and the correct verdict has been reached....Telling the supporters and the defenders to back off basically ..And that the Police investigation was very good...yes basically they said what I've typed..oh dear....They also said that the B2 committed the crimes to satisfy there lust etc..

As for me, I have totally wasted the past ten years in this weak excuse of a country - New year will see my application for an Australian retirement visa, something I never thought I would do but this country is totally out of control and is now joke status in the eyes of the world.

Trumped up little generals, all 2000 of them corrupt to the core. Are they not in the least embarrassed by their actions? Justice system based upon wealth rather than factual evidence.

I for one will be petitioning PADI and the like to comment on why they support a lawless community where their supposed accredited professionals are drunkards and drug pushers, cow towing to a murderous bunch of inbred oxygen thieves.

To most independent observers, this verdict will appear unjust. I am sure international rights groups will criticize the process and the verdict. I am personally pretty sure the Burmese kids are scapegoats. What it came down to was the court accepting the police testimony without any real supporting evidence.

A further comment from the Millar family is that they admitted the crimes and it was nearly two weeks before they retracted the admission...Very critical of the Petition that was raised and that the B2 had 7 excellent lawyers representing them and they were very happy that the right decision was reached...this is not word for word but almost..am typing as listening...Apparently the Millar family say lots that was heard in court was not communicated to the outside..And they always had a open mind initially but after the trial progressed it became clear that the Royal Thai police did a very good job...I'm sorry if what I'm saying annoys anyone but just saying what the Millar family, I think maybe David's brother, has to say on behalf of the family... David died from broken cheekbone and multiple blows to the head and then he was dragged into the sea and left to drown...We saw images of two innocent young men surrounded by tough policeman..we tried to retain a open mind.

They also said that the the B2 raped and then murdered Hannah and David to cover up the crime.. There is absolute overwhelming evidence that the the B 2 are guilty and shouldn't be appealing this decision ...oh dear..this is unbelievable ...

Sky sports live..David Millars family speaking live !..The family say this judgement is justice for Hannah and David.. They say they have gained respect for the Thai judges.We respect this court and judges and court completely..We believe the Royal Thai police did a very good investigation.. There are speaking very very strongly that the B2 have shown no remorse and the correct verdict has been reached....Telling the supporters and the defenders to back off basically ..And that the Police investigation was very good...yes basically they said what I've typed..oh dear....They also said that the B2 committed the crimes to satisfy there lust etc..

I don't fault them at all, they are not legal experts, they can only comment from a laymans perspective, only people that are familiar with legal systems and justice can see this for what it is

Well either the Millar family know something and have heard something that none of us have because the statement from the brother on behalf of the family was very very strong and very critical of the petition that was raised and the 'activists' who defended the B2,,

I would say it's probably the strongest statement on a court decision I have ever heard and I really feel sorry for both families but unless there's something we all don't know this is going to be appealed and for sure there's a massive story hear that the UK media will follow this up as it would seem there's massive massive flaws in this court decision..

I don't fault them at all, they are not legal experts, they can only comment from a laymans perspective, only people that are familiar with legal systems and justice can see this for what it is
I understand what your saying but I and many on here including you are united in agreeing no evidence to remotely link the B2 to the crimes was ever produced so as intelligent people you wonder how they came to such a different verdict and all of us...But I do understand they are lay people ,but so are we mostly..