How to make money in Thailand with a small capital?

Hi,

I have a small capital and I am looking for ways to make some money, legally, in Thailand to support my (modest) living expenses.

I am open to everything: partnerships, small business, online business, export / others ways;

I don't have much of business experience except for private English teaching (which, so far has not been really successful here)

I just need some ideas from people that already live/work here

thank you so much

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you cannot make private English lessons successful...I would question committing capital to anything else. Not being a jerk, don't misunderstand me...but English is a wide open market if you are a native speaker. If not successful, your marketing approach will likely be flawed in other endeavors too.

Im not a native speaker, even thou i speak perfect english.

The approach is not about marketing, its more about networking; you read the post carefully (which i doubt you did).

But thank you for your contribution.

Ahh I see the problem now...you ask questions for which you already know all the answers ! Good Luck

Do you want to live the life you have dreamed about?

Be your own boss?

Make millions as you sleep?

Retire super rich?

Be your own boss?

YEA!!!!

---------------

under 1,000,000 baht and you have 0 chance

under 3,000,000 baht and you have 10% chance

but buy my book for 10,000 baht!!!!

What capital do you have? That you are okay with losing.

What is your background in terms of education and experience?

What capital do you have? That you are okay with losing. under 10K

What is your background in terms of education and experience? BD in economics. 20 yrs accounting experience

Im not a native speaker, even thou i speak perfect english.

The approach is not about marketing, its more about networking; you read the post carefully (which i doubt you did).

But thank you for your contribution.

Ahh I see the problem now...you ask questions for which you already know all the answers ! Good Luck

there is no problem at all. Good luck to you.

Do you want to live the life you have dreamed about?

Be your own boss?

Make millions as you sleep?

Retire super rich?

Be your own boss?

YEA!!!!

---------------

under 1,000,000 baht and you have 0 chance

under 3,000,000 baht and you have 10% chance

but buy my book for 10,000 baht!!!!

ok. Where do I go?

Direct marketing has always worked for me. You need to get some leads and sell them something. I suggest a good b2b lead scraper tool. Once I get their credit card information, I'm golden.

very interesting, can we discuss further?

OP, You are asking in the wrong place. The expat community in Thailand is hardly filled with successful people who could give advice from good experience.

An expat with a successful business in Thailand is a rare commodity and even then I don't know if they'd give up their "secret". The Thai rules for owning and operating a business in Thailand cause it to not be worth it, IMHO.

Many expats are in Thailand because they had difficulty making it in their home countries. Not all mind you, but many. Some occupy bar stools while they give out their "advice".

I live a very nice lifestyle in my own home in the US because I can afford it, and then I visit Thailand when I'm in the mood.

Many of the guys in Thailand who have a good income work for multinational companies on a good salary. Either that or they came with money and simply chose to live in Thailand. Good for them.

It seems that a lot of guys who show up with no money wind up teaching English which is an honorable way to survive IMHO.

I wish you luck. Whatever you do won't be easy.

Cheers.

What capital do you have? That you are okay with losing.

What is your background in terms of education and experience?

What capital do you have? That you are okay with losing. under 10K

What is your background in terms of education and experience? BD in economics. 20 yrs accounting experience

Ok....as a degree holder in economics you can calculate:

First determine your living expenses (what you need to make)

Then take < 10,000 baht

Now...calculate the expected annual return you would have to make on < 10,000 baht to cover your living expenses

You can see the obvious issues with the plan right up front

So, really, every damn reply in this thread is unfriendly and impolite.

Next time, start two posts, one for the clowns here and one for friendly discussion about the topic.

I asked him what he called "small" Id hardly call that unfriendly or impolite, to be that I would had to have added " you tight arse" etc

Based on your previous topic, open a detective agency to find lost bargirls. You had lots of experience and advice there.

I have found her.

not interested.

thanks for the smart post. people must love yr sarcasm

You have found her? That is great! It just proves that you are successful at this, and that my idea is a sound one.

Think about it- nothing in terms of equipment or stock to buy, so minimal startup cost.

Only requires your time and effort, so minimal operation cost.

Your biggest problem is marketing cost - finding customers. Spend the 10,000 on advertising to find the lovesick punters.