Strict security upgrade for all Thai airports

webfact

Strict security upgrade for all Thai airports
BY LARRY BANKS

Thailand-Airports.jpg?resize=702%2C458
Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok, Thailand.

BANGKOK: -- Businesses and administrators at airports throughout Thailand will soon come under a comprehensive security programme which aims to bring procedures up to international standards.

The chief of the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT), Chula Sukmanop, said the new programme will aim to follow guidelines set out by the UN’s International Aviation Organisation (ICAO), according to a report in the Bangkok Post on Sunday.

The new programme is said to involve mandatory procedures which require all administrators, air traffic service providers, and airport personnel connected to security to create their own plans which will be audited by the CAAT.

Full story: http://ethailand.com/business-news/security-upgrade-thailand-airports/920/

-- eThailand 2015-12-22

For the first time in Thailand had to remove my hiking boots and have them scanned with my carry on, also had to show the can of shaving cream in my check in bag.

Should think so, bloody hiking boots on a plane, what about your crampons!!!!!!

For the first time in Thailand had to remove my hiking boots and have them scanned with my carry on, also had to show the can of shaving cream in my check in bag.

Oh were you the shirtless guy wearing his speedos

The word here is " aims". How many times I've gone through security check on cabin bags and seen the people working them chatting to others and not taking a blind bit of notice ! It's been mentioned that soon a no cabin bad rule will be imposed in some countries.

Please define the word " Strict"! rolleyes.gif

As in Big Crackdown..................

On another note.....the source of this news was "India"??? I thought that was rather odd...........

Strict = "Look the other way money" just doubled

Big Crackdown = Five minute wonder

The proverbial Swiss cheese will continue to keep rolling... just a little bump in the road.

'which require all administrators, air traffic service providers, and airport personnel connected to security to create their own plans"

That is a disaster in the making!

All plans should be intergrated and complimentary to assure quick detection and response.

Creating separate plans implie separate Chain of Command, policies and procedures that may be contrary to effective and timely reaction to security breaches. Each airport needs a coordinating security czar covering all airport departments to oversee continuous security audits, employee checks, training, procurement, threat alerts, security trends, off-airport security support, etc.

....self-evaluation....

...like the student that hands in a BLANK exam paper......'You pass!'....'Very good!'

Another version....the university student who comes very late, misses many lectures, talks and plays with smartphone during lectures, contributes nothing whatever to team projects and in-class team case studies, hands in a blank paper 5 minutes after the three hour exam started, Is shocked at getting an F, then asks if he/she can take a re-exam tomorrow, then says it's unfair when the professor say 'no re-exam' for you, then student says 'if I give blood 2 times will you give me an A?'

Edited by scorecard

flew to HK last week, signs indicated passengers were required to put liquid/cream containers in a plastic bag. i asked the security person standing next to the sign where i could get one of the plastic bags. he grunted and looked at me as if i was an idiot. my bag went through the screening and i wasnt pulled out of line for the liquid/cream containers as i have been in the UK.

no one was asked to remove computers from bags for screening.

security staff were inattentive and looked bored.

there is certainly room for improvement.

Oh were you the shirtless guy wearing his speedos

Yes and I didn't have to take them off, ok!!!!

What a big waste of time, energy, effort and money.

The obvious answer is profiling.

Yes, but profiling is sooooo politically incorrect and might even be 'right wing', heaven forbid - except of course, in Israel where they have the most effective and efficient passenger security, based not on show, but profiling.and behaviour.

Edited by tigermonkey