Obama: Trump exploiting blue-collar fears in campaign

webfact

If you want to know what jobs Obama has created; I'd recommend the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.

Presidents don't create jobs.

Economic stats are generally rigged nowadays, and in any case do not always measure the right thing.

Most college grads now - MOST - cannot find jobs. Employers get hundreds of resumes for a single opening.

Male employment (an easy, fair measure, because men don't drop out of the workforce to be moms) is nearly at an all-time low.

Permanently high unemployment has become the new normal.

I do not blame Obama alone, but he has had the chance to fix things, and has failed miserably.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe you or that clown video you posted.

As Bill Maher says, not all republicans are racist, but if you meet a racist, more likely than not, he's a republican.

Trump is milking that.

Next ...

The greatest intolerance is exhibited by leftists/liberals. America is awash is fear and alienation and isolation and social banishment by liberals boycotting, protesting, and strong-arming their good upon others. Thought policing, encroaching on the right to limit religious opinions or practices in the public space, using lawfare to act upon freedom of association, ad infinitum; progressive/leftist America entirely predicates every single thing it does from race. Race is the core tenet of all progressive doctrines. Race in hiring, firing, quotas, management, government forms, etc., ad nauseum. It is always race, race, race. Indeed, the greatest insults to race in US history has been the Democratic Party, its J Crow laws, etc. Republicans may be as equally useless (they are) as progressives are these days but intolerance is made manifest in the liberal doctrine of governing through division. This is not simply a matter of conjecture- it is a self evident truth. Even if one avoids the premise one can just as easily glean this truth by looking at the side effects of liberal policies of race as a tool. The zenith of these polices is exemplified in Obama & Company using fear and race as divisive tools. Always on behalf of the supposed downtrodden the liberals exploit and export their prescriptions upon the whole, yet the stalking horse is nearly always race, fear, women, fear, elderly, fear, immigrants, fear, muslims, fear, fear, fear, and fear. There can hardly be a more bankrupt ideology imaginable.

One informative way to measure what is happening is to look at what the oddsmakers are saying about where people are putting their money.

Rubio remains favored to get the Republican nomination as he's been the favorite of oddsmakers most of this month. Trump and Cruz are close behind tied for next most probable.

The odds as of this date to win the Republican party nomination.....

Rubio is at 13-8 odds which translates to the probability of 38.1% to win the R party nomination (next summer)

Donald Trump is at odds of 5-2 which have the probability of 28% to get the nomination

Ted Cruz is at 5-2 odds also

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is up from earlier this month at 8-1 odds, or 11.1% probability which is anyway a disaster.

Chris Christie is at 25-1. Starting with Christie and after him forget it. (One could actually begin to draw the line above Bush.)

To be elected the next POTUS in the general election November next year....

HR Clinton is at odds of 8-11 which is unchanged throughout this month and equals the probability of 73%

Marco Rubio is at 4-1 odds, or a 20% probability, also unchanged during December

Donald Trump is at odds of 6-1 or 14.2% probability to win a general election

Ted Cruz is at 8-1, or 11.11%

Jeb is at 18-1 or 5.2% probability

Bernie Sanders is also gets 18-1 odds.

The odds and the money offer one reliable way to look at it. There are many others, to include polls and one's own sense of things. Plus experience for those who have any in national electoral campaigns.

Edited by Publicus

One informative way to measure what is happening is to look at what the oddsmakers are saying about where people are putting their money.

Rubio remains favored to get the Republican nomination as he's been the favorite of oddsmakers most of this month. Trump and Cruz are close behind tied for next most probable.

Rubio is at 13-8 odds which translates to the probability of 38.1% to win the R party nomination (next summer)

Donald Trump is at odds of 5-2 which have the probability of 28% to get the nomination

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is up from earlier this month at 8-1 odds, or 11.1% probability which is anyway a disaster.

Chris Christie is at 25-1. Starting with Christie and after him forget it. (One could actually begin to draw the line above Bush.)

HR Clinton is at odds of 8-11 which is unchanged throughout this month and equals the probability of 73%

Marco Rubio is at 4-1 odds, or a 20% probability, also unchanged during December

The odds and the money offer one reliable way to look at it. There are many others, to include polls and one's own sense of things. Plus experience for those who have any in national electoral campaigns.

I have been far away from all media for a while, and I was interested to see that Fiorina didn't figure in your list. Last time I looked she was one of the front runners. On investigation, I see she is now at 3%, or no chance at all. So, I was correct in my assumption that merely attacking Trump isn't a policy that will result in a win, and that she would have less chance than the proverbial snowball in hell of gaining the nomination- just too much bad baggage to succeed.

I have been far away from all media for a while, and I was interested to see that Fiorina didn't figure in your list. Last time I looked she was one of the front runners. On investigation, I see she is now at 3%, or no chance at all. So, I was correct in my assumption that merely attacking Trump isn't a policy that will result in a win, and that she would have less chance than the proverbial snowball in hell of gaining the nomination- just too much bad baggage to succeed.

Fiorina as with Trump or Carson have never won an election.

Fiorina tried in California and lost, I think twice (US Senate; governor). Neither Trump nor Carson had presented themselves to the voters until this campaign.

Those on the Republican side who have won elections have been a bust. Almost every one. The present generation of supposedly successful and promising Republican party governors long ago tanked. They followed the lead of their predecessor generation of R party governors, to include Perry, Walker, Pataki, Jeb?, Jindhal, Huckabee, Christie. Christie is the only one not yet officially pronounced politically expired. The R governor of Indiana got cut off at the knees by his confounding Religious Freedom Law that took him out of the race before he got to announce.

Of the three US Senators, Rand Paul had a very bad year, while Cruz and Rubio will have to settle matters between 'em in a political knife fight. They'll have to do the fighting with the 800 pound gorilla Trump taking whacks at each of 'em any time he feels like landing a good one.

Actually, Rubio is looking to Cruz and Trump slugging it out so Marco can step forward to say the last rites then accept the crown. Rubio however is hard pressed to win any state anytime soon...or possibly ever.

All this is a screeching noise that began several months ago and will continue for the next 10+ months. To the voters as they can't help but catch bits and snippets of it, it's like someone playing urban jazz at max volume up against each ear.

It's only beginning to get really loud and ugly.

Gone Old Party.

GOP RIP.

Fiorina tried in California and lost, I think twice (US Senate; governor). Neither Trump nor Carson had presented themselves to the voters until this campaign.

Those on the Republican side who have won elections have been a bust. Almost every one. The present generation of supposedly successful and promising Republican party governors long ago tanked. They followed the lead of their predecessor generation of R party governors, to include Perry, Walker, Pataki, Jeb?, Jindhal, Huckabee, Christie. Christie is the only one not yet officially pronounced politically expired. The R governor of Indiana got cut off at the knees by his confounding Religious Freedom Law that took him out of the race before he got to announce.

Of the three US Senators, Rand Paul had a very bad year, while Cruz and Rubio will have to settle matters between 'em in a political knife fight. They'll have to do the fighting with the 800 pound gorilla Trump taking whacks at each of 'em any time he feels like landing a good one.

Actually, Rubio is looking to Cruz and Trump slugging it out so Marco can step forward to say the last rites then accept the crown. Rubio however is hard pressed to win any state anytime soon...or possibly ever.

All this is a screeching noise that began several months ago and will continue for the next 10+ months. To the voters as they can't help but catch bits and snippets of it, it's like someone playing urban jazz at max volume up against each ear.

Gone Old Party.

GOP RIP.

Were a Jack Kennedy being a Dems candidate, I'd be cheering for them, but HRC is no Kennedy, not even a Reagan. A USA with HRC as leader will be just a continuation of Obama politics as usual ie a disaster for the western world.

Actually, I wouldn't even care about American politics if not for the fact that what America does affects the whole world, and the last 7 years have been a disaster for us all.

Gone Old Party.

GOP RIP.

Were a Jack Kennedy being a Dems candidate, I'd be cheering for them, but HRC is no Kennedy, not even a Reagan. A USA with HRC as leader will be just a continuation of Obama politics as usual ie a disaster for the western world.

Actually, I wouldn't even care about American politics if not for the fact that what America does affects the whole world, and the last 7 years have been a disaster for us all.

It's obvious not a lot of people know a whole lot about it.

For those concerned (or obsessed) about foreign policy, international relations, global geostrategic realities, an HRC presidency--commander in chief will be radically different.

Radically. It takes a lot of work not to see it.

Edited by Publicus

The President is being kind. What he could have said is that Trump is the biggest lying sack of sh*t in history...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015-12-21/fact-checking-website-donald-trump-lies-76-percent-of-the-time

i was disappointed to see that you quoted doddering old US News which quoted God-knows-who, and not one of you gave a single example of a lie by Trump.

What on Earth are you talking about? That was a 21 Dec 2015 article and US News & World Report is more of a conservative rag than a liberal one.

But I get it, you're a Trump guy. Which means that you're an angry old man who will not listen to reason. My condolences.

The President is being kind. What he could have said is that Trump is the biggest lying sack of sh*t in history...

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015-12-21/fact-checking-website-donald-trump-lies-76-percent-of-the-time

i was disappointed to see that you quoted doddering old US News which quoted God-knows-who, and not one of you gave a single example of a lie by Trump.

What on Earth are you talking about? That was a 21 Dec 2015 article and US News & World Report is more of a conservative rag than a liberal one.

But I get it, you're a Trump guy. Which means that you're an angry old man who will not listen to reason. My condolences.

Again, you fail to name a lie.

Just calling names, using stereotypes.

i swear the Left used to be better than this.

PS Even when I was a teen, US News and World Report was read only by old folks. I didn't even know it was still around. How is it you happened on the article?

As Bill Maher says, not all republicans are racist, but if you meet a racist, more likely than not, he's a republican.

Trump is milking that.

Next ...

The greatest intolerance is exhibited by leftists/liberals. America is awash is fear and alienation and isolation and social banishment by liberals boycotting, protesting, and strong-arming their good upon others. Thought policing, encroaching on the right to limit religious opinions or practices in the public space, using lawfare to act upon freedom of association, ad infinitum; progressive/leftist America entirely predicates every single thing it does from race. Race is the core tenet of all progressive doctrines. Race in hiring, firing, quotas, management, government forms, etc., ad nauseum. It is always race, race, race. Indeed, the greatest insults to race in US history has been the Democratic Party, its J Crow laws, etc. Republicans may be as equally useless (they are) as progressives are these days but intolerance is made manifest in the liberal doctrine of governing through division. This is not simply a matter of conjecture- it is a self evident truth. Even if one avoids the premise one can just as easily glean this truth by looking at the side effects of liberal policies of race as a tool. The zenith of these polices is exemplified in Obama & Company using fear and race as divisive tools. Always on behalf of the supposed downtrodden the liberals exploit and export their prescriptions upon the whole, yet the stalking horse is nearly always race, fear, women, fear, elderly, fear, immigrants, fear, muslims, fear, fear, fear, and fear. There can hardly be a more bankrupt ideology imaginable.

Come on, arj! Republicans own fear. It's ALL they have. Don't turn it around and accuse Democrats of being fearful. It doesn't work. "Strong-arming their good upon others?" cheesy.gif

Trump's xenophobic bullshit is exploiting the stupid, fearful Republican voters. HRC or Bernie aren't doing that. They talk about hope and change for the better.

You can't just turn around that obvious exploitation of fear that Trump (and all the rest of the wingnut candidates) does everytime he opens his mouth. But that's exactly what you just did.

Republican wingnut accusing Democrats of being the fearful lemmings. That's rich. clap2.gif

Republicans are the ones who need the guns.

Come on, man. Embrace the fear.

Edited by Pinot

It never ceases to amaze me (and I don't mean in a bad way; just honest amazement) how so many of us look at the same facts, incidents, etc., and reach such very different conclusions. For all those I so often disagree with here, you teach me a lot. Really. I don't mean that flippantly. I don't understand why we filter events and meaning the way we do, but somewhere in this observation is a powerful lesson. I wish those that govern us would try to find the formula for working with this observation.

It's really very simple. Democrats look at man as basically good. Republicans look at man as basically bad.

A man shoots up a movie theatre.

Democrats say the man should have gotten help, that guns are too easy to get and we can do better.

Republicans say the man is an evil sinner, he would have shot up the place no matter what and everyone should be carrying to protect themselves against all the other bad people out there.

Republicans are a fearful lot because they trust no one. Republicans believe only they have the god given strength to overcome the evil in the world.

Democrats look at all people as if they are incapable of making their own decisions on any level and that the government always knows better. As if the "government" is some all-knowing, all-powerful deity instead a bunch of lawyer & bureaucrats selling out to the highest donor.

Republicans believe people know better for themselves and as Ronald Reagan said,"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help".

Neither position is absolute, but I prefer choice to having others make the choices for me.

Also, I must call you on this: "A man shoots up a movie theatre. Democrats say the man should have gotten help..." Pro-gun people can be either Democrats and Republicans but I have never heard of a Democrat blaming the shooter and not the gun.

You're funny.

You're funny.

Unfortunately it would appear in this whacked out political cycle, truth is a bit irrelevant. I'm pretty sure trump could say that the White House is being controlled by North Korea and Clinton ate her babies, and his ratings would rise

In Ye Olden Day's when a candidate made a gaff, the press were all over it, the offending candidate made some groveling apology in the light of actual facts and we moved on.

Today however it seems that through the miracle of talk radio and the Internet, truth is of secondary importance to whatever tweet some whack job has said in 140 characters!

It's a sad world that we find ourselves in

Hmm, seems like US workers should be concerned about their serf status in the new debt economy. Said economy only benefits thieving banksters and large corporations.

Middle class is shrinking and both woking and middle class have seen a significant decline in wages. The only winners are the top 1%.

Feudalism is making a comeback, all the wealth accumulated at the top and with the new aristocracy all but immune to the law.

At least the old kings and lords led the troops to war, the new cowardly bunch stay behind in comfort as the poor or naively nationalistic march off.

You're funny.

Chicog knocks one out of the ballpark! In fairness it was teed up nicely clap2.gif

It never ceases to amaze me (and I don't mean in a bad way; just honest amazement) how so many of us look at the same facts, incidents, etc., and reach such very different conclusions. For all those I so often disagree with here, you teach me a lot. Really. I don't mean that flippantly. I don't understand why we filter events and meaning the way we do, but somewhere in this observation is a powerful lesson. I wish those that govern us would try to find the formula for working with this observation.

It's really very simple. Democrats look at man as basically good. Republicans look at man as basically bad.

Democrats say the man should have gotten help, that guns are too easy to get and we can do better.

Republicans say the man is an evil sinner, he would have shot up the place no matter what and everyone should be carrying to protect themselves against all the other bad people out there.

Republicans are a fearful lot because they trust no one. Republicans believe only they have the god given strength to overcome the evil in the world.

There is no formula to overcome Republican obstructionism because everything is filtered thru Fox News. Only the conclusions reached by the wingnut media can be considered. Republicans believe there should be no social services, no unemployment benefits or universal healthcare because those in need, don't deserve help. They're basically bad and deserve all the crap they have to deal with. There should be no controls by the government, no consumer protection, nothing. Government should be there for one thing. Armies to kill the enemy, everyone else in the world.

We reach different conclusions because we basically see the world differently. I hope that helps.

What about all of us Americans who don't fall into either of your simple-minded 2 categories?

Trump is milking that.

Next ...

Come on, arj! Republicans own fear. It's ALL they have. Don't turn it around and accuse Democrats of being fearful. It doesn't work. "Strong-arming their good upon others?" cheesy.gif

Trump's xenophobic bullshit is exploiting the stupid, fearful Republican voters. HRC or Bernie aren't doing that. They talk about hope and change for the better.

You can't just turn around that obvious exploitation of fear that Trump (and all the rest of the wingnut candidates) does everytime he opens his mouth. But that's exactly what you just did.

Republican wingnut accusing Democrats of being the fearful lemmings. That's rich. clap2.gif

Republicans are the ones who need the guns.

Come on, man. Embrace the fear.

You are correct regarding republicans. I have no use for them either. However, the US and EU are not now suffering under right polices, only right enabling. This is a leftist void. Guns? Many of the biggest proponents of gun control on the left have personal weapons and/or bodyguards.

Guns? Many of the biggest proponents of gun control on the left have personal weapons and/or bodyguards.

I would agree, my wealthy liberal leaning acquaintences are far more likely to suffer from the syndrom NIMBY than Conservatives are.

Edited by ClutchClark

Guns? Many of the biggest proponents of gun control on the left have personal weapons and/or bodyguards.

I would agree, my wealthy liberal leaning acquaintences are far more likely to suffer from the syndrom NIMBY than Conservatives are.

Bodyguards? Many of the proponents of gun control...?

"Normal" people don't want to be around guns and want gun laws drastically changed.

Racist, xenophobic, wingnut, gun nuts are attracted to Trump. He went after those people and owns them. But, it's a limited market and it's not going to get him elected POTUS. Sorry Trump fans, he doesn't have a prayer of winning anything.

It's sad that there are so many people attracted to Trump. It says a lot about where the United States is now. Depressing really. Fox News and the right wing media has severely damaged the nation. They've given us Trump and the Trumpeteers, a sorry, sorry group of scared, poorly educated lemmings.

We can do better.

Bodyguards? Many of the proponents of gun control...?

"Normal" people don't want to be around guns and want gun laws drastically changed.

Racist, xenophobic, wingnut, gun nuts are attracted to Trump. He went after those people and owns them. But, it's a limited market and it's not going to get him elected POTUS. Sorry Trump fans, he doesn't have a prayer of winning anything.

It's sad that there are so many people attracted to Trump. It says a lot about where the United States is now. Depressing really. Fox News and the right wing media has severely damaged the nation. They've given us Trump and the Trumpeteers, a sorry, sorry group of scared, poorly educated lemmings.

We can do better.

The anger and name-calling in your post towards those you disagree with is what you consider to be "normal"?

And before you even start with the lazy defense, no, I am not a Trump supporter as far as his candidacy is concerned; however, I do enjoy his ability to expose all the other charlatans without fear of reprisal. He is the only candidate who does not change his speech depending on the audience.

Edited by ClutchClark

Here is something to ponder.

All anyone talks about is Trump.

All eyes and ears are on Trump.

Do we hear about all the issues Hillary is guilty of while in office?

Nope.

All anybody talks about and all the headlines are about Trump.

Sorta makes a guy wonder if America is not being played for a fool...dem & Repub alike.

You're funny.

Good one Chicog. And this is probably an abbreviated list. I doubt the Hike guy has the balls to come back and respond....so allow me to respond on his behalf (in his words): "Ok, so Trump tells a few lies. And he has no plan. And his advisors and sources are Neo-Nazis. And he admires a ruthless dictator in Putin. And he insults women, Hispanics, blacks, Asians, Muslims, etc. And he's clueless on international affairs. And he has no idea how to govern. Other than that, he'd be a great President. Go Trump 2016!"

There is no formula to overcome Republican obstructionism because everything is filtered thru Fox News. Only the conclusions reached by the wingnut media can be considered. Republicans believe there should be no social services, no unemployment benefits or universal healthcare because those in need, don't deserve help. They're basically bad and deserve all the crap they have to deal with. There should be no controls by the government, no consumer protection, nothing. Government should be there for one thing. Armies to kill the enemy, everyone else in the world.

We reach different conclusions because we basically see the world differently. I hope that helps.

What about all of us Americans who don't fall into either of your simple-minded 2 categories?

Hey Clutch, there are two kinds of people in the world.

Those who dichotomise and those who don't.

Thought you'd known that from long ago.

So surely you have a question in this somewhere.....

No, my good man. There are only 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't. thumbsup.gif

You're funny.

Good one Chicog. And this is probably an abbreviated list. I doubt the Hike guy has the balls to come back and respond....so allow me to respond on his behalf (in his words): "Ok, so Trump tells a few lies. And he has no plan. And his advisors and sources are Neo-Nazis. And he admires a ruthless dictator in Putin. And he insults women, Hispanics, blacks, Asians, Muslims, etc. And he's clueless on international affairs. And he has no idea how to govern. Other than that, he'd be a great President. Go Trump 2016!"

And the presumed winner--------------------- does she have a clue about running the country? She couldn't run the State Department, so why would she do better as POTUS? You write as though there is a better alternative than Trump when they are all ( with the possible exception of Carson ) as bad as the present incumbent and the previous one. Given the choice between an incompetent has been and an entertainer, I'll take Trump any time. At least it'll be a more interesting ride than the alternatives.

You are a funny sort of guy Publicus. You enjoy using big words in some effort to awe your audience and inflate your ego but when looking beyond your vocabulary, the substance of what you have to say is really not superior to anyone else. In one sense, you are simply a different version of the grammar police, mistakenly thinking that displaying better punctuation or enlightened vocabulary makes your point superior.

Its ultimately nothing more than the sign of an over-inflated ego...ironic here on a thread about Donald Trump.

By your age, I find it interesting you have not yet discovered that effective communication is best achieved by listening to your audience (peer group) and having the self-awareness to choose a vocabulary that can be understood.

Thats What we call common sense where I come from and effective leadership.

You remind me of a peacock. A bird with a display of pretty feathers but not any good when it comes to actually flying.

You are a funny sort of guy Publicus. You enjoy using big words in some effort to awe your audience and inflate your ego but when looking beyond your vocabulary, the substance of what you have to say is really not superior to anyone else. In one sense, you are simply a different version of the grammar police, mistakenly thinking that displaying better punctuation or enlightened vocabulary makes your point superior.

Its ultimately nothing more than the sign of an over-inflated ego...ironic here on a thread about Donald Trump.

By your age, I find it interesting you have not yet discovered that effective communication is best achieved by listening to your audience (peer group) and having the self-awareness to choose a vocabulary that can be understood.

Thats What we call common sense where I come from and effective leadership.

You remind me of a peacock. A bird with a display of pretty feathers but not any good when it comes to actually flying.

I guess I shoudda put some smiley in the post cause i wuz poking fun but I can see it could have come out as you seem to have taken it.

Lighten up Clutch. (Instead you got lit up.) A post of your questions would have done the same, just in a better manner. The post is suddenly no more questions. Instead you let loose with both barrels. wacko.png Question: If I become a right whinger do I also get exempted from being fired at?

Have some nogg, get some sleep, cause I'm getting concerned for you Clutch. No one should let any one of us get to him. Read my signature and never forget to smile. thumbsup.gif

Now accepting questions.... coffee1.gif

You're funny.

Balls? I think my posts here make clear that I'm not afraid to tell the truth.

It's pretty funny that you venomous internationalists want me to take up the gauntlet and defend trump. He's not my candidate. I did question the posting of an article calling him a liar, with no facts included. A bad practice that Chicog then corrected.

No I am not going to spend my time replying to a laundry list, but a quick look at the first 4 items in the list suggests it's padded at least.

Thousands of Muslims cheering? I don't know, I have never lived in a city like New York where muzzies dominate whole streets at prayer time. But I did have a Pakkie friend at the time, who was quietly proud of the technical virtuosity of the 9/11 operation. I didn't blame him.

It is POSSIBLE that he had read credible accounts of the so-called "Dancing Israelis", a group of thin-cover Mossad agents who did indeed dance and celebrate the 9/11 attacks... and got them confused with Muzzies. Obviously he would not be able to correct himself once he realized his error, since Mossad cannot be criticized. (BTW I am NOT saying Mossad was behind 9/11, just recalling the fact that some thought it helped Israel.)

A total lie? Yeah, could be. Narrow the list to 3 items, and I'll look into it and respond more in depth. But I'll give you a "quite possibly" on this one for the moment.

But let's also agree that the "Allahu Akbars" etc may have been a little louder in some quarters right after 9/11.

Zuckerberg's personal senator? OH F. C'mon. It's about time someone starting talking about the total corruption in the U.S. Senate. If Trump tried to call back or re-parse some remark that might have gotten him accused of the dreaded anti-semitism heresy, then more power to him. Yes, its OK. No I am not going to bother reading why I should be outraged that he did or did not later own up to saying what everyone knows, in a moment of refreshing candor.

The real unemployment rate IS about 40 percent. Can't believe you don't know that. Count how many men between 25 and 50 are working fulltime, as fulltime employees not part-time, not temps, then divide that number by the whole male population between those ages, then subtract the quotient from 100%. Tell us what you get.

The reason I suggest that ChiCog narrow the list, is that you include puffery like this.

When you call man a liar, best be right about it.

Again, close enough. American cities in the middle of flyover country are suddenly awash with bizarre immigrant groups. Like Somalis in Minnesota. (OK Minnesota is not a red state, but you get the drift.) I have no idea where Obama's minions want to put Syrians, but for years now, whichever administration has been in power, has gleefully settled incompatible immigrant groups in areas formerly White, or White and Black. With few exceptions, these are not true refugees, they come by way of very decent countries in between. So Trump's remark is on the surface quite credible, and if he mistook Somalis for Syrians or whatever, well, close enough. No lie here. The liar is the one that says this stuff is not deliberate.

SUMMARY

So of the first 4, #1 could have some substance. The other three, even if Trump shot from the hip, misspoke or confused a detail, are canards. Basically in each case he has a point, and trying to nitpick is silly.

If you want to call Trump a loose cannon, or a blowhard, or a bully, those would be remarks I would let pass. (I used them all in the past.)

If you want to call him a liar, give a short list of real instances, with no padding.

And no mention of stadium seat counts LOL.