Fact! Game Is Over For Longstayers Below 51 And Single,non Working

there is so many talk about changes and rules.. even it is 100% clear until they change anything on this issue. i have condos here, money and and,and.....there is no way to saty here under this conditions legaly.

THE FACT IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you are only aloud to saty 180 days per year !!!

1. they tell you go home to you homecountry,,,even forget this,,,if your passport indictes that you are a longstayer in thaialnd, they not issue any visa ( some nice honoraryconsulte may do,but no embassy),like my passport issued in embassy in BKK and livingdaress thailand indicated, i must not go overseseas to aply for visa

IF YOU CAN PROOF YOUR HOMEADRESS IS IN THIS COUNTRY AND YOU ARE ONLY TOURIST AD WORKING IN HOMECOUNTRY STILL EASY GET ANY MULTI VISA,,,but dont use more than the alloud time,,if ,than next time game over..........

2. if any embassy issue you a visa TR,,and after you make 3 visaruns,,,,NEXT TIME THEY NOT ISSUE A VISA,,because you stay 180 days contrarian the law.

3. after 3 visaruns they not issuue a visa for 90 days anywhere

4.CLEAR !!! you can stay 180 days of 360, means you can get visas but not make VOAS, or you make 6 VOAS and you not get visa,,, choice in your hand

all dreamers here, just forget your dreams!!!!!!! wake up!!!!!!!!!there is no way

i try to sell off my assets, except one condo ,what i would use future times,,, but i settle somewhere,and i settle in any country with livincosts bellow 50% of europeancosts, because i am not working and living from fixedincome ( around 2000$),and this would not be enough for a goodlivingstyle in europe.

thailand is loosing heavy money on this issue , i am sure they chance it again, but not for the next 2,3 years.

even the new goverment already indicate that they make no uturn on taxinpolicys and remain nationalistic,,, announcments like 30 baht helathcheme for free now,, no alceholic marketing in any case ,and and ,and,,,,, indicate already the way

natnionalistic and conservativ.............................

BUT MY GUESS IS OVERSTAY RATES WOULD EXPLODED AT HIGH LEVEL ABOVE 10000% NEXT YEAR.

so for me it is over

until april have TR visa ( multi) or when they extend 1 month each than by june,than 3 voas, and i am out until september 07 or juli 07.

i hope enough time to sttle

but hard time to sell any condo........................

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is so many talk about changes and rules.. even it is 100% clear until they change anything on this issue. i have condos here, money and and,and.....there is no way to saty here under this conditions legaly.

1. they tell you go home to you homecountry,,,even forget this,,,if your passport indictes that you are a longstayer in thaialnd, they not issue any visa ( some nice honoraryconsulte may do,but no embassy),like my passport issued in embassy in BKK and livingdaress thailand indicated, i must not go overseseas to aply for visa

IF YOU CAN PROOF YOUR HOMEADRESS IS IN THIS COUNTRY AND YOU ARE ONLY TOURIST AD WORKING IN HOMECOUNTRY STILL EASY GET ANY MULTI VISA,,,but dont use more than the alloud time,,if ,than next time game over..........

2. if any embassy issue you a visa TR,,and after you make 3 visaruns,,,,NEXT TIME THEY NOT ISSUE A VISA,,because you stay 180 days contrarian the law.

3. after 3 visaruns they not issuue a visa for 90 days anywhere

4.CLEAR !!! you can stay 180 days of 360, means you can get visas but not make VOAS, or you make 6 VOAS and you not get visa,,, choice in your hand

all dreamers here, just forget your dreams!!!!!!! wake up!!!!!!!!!there is no way

i try to sell off my assets, except one condo ,what i would use future times,,, but i settle somewhere,and i settle in any country with livincosts bellow 50% of europeancosts, because i am not working and living from fixedincome ( around 2000$),and this would not be enough for a goodlivingstyle in europe.

thailand is loosing heavy money on this issue , i am sure they chance it again, but not for the next 2,3 years.

even the new goverment already indicate that they make no uturn on taxinpolicys and remain nationalistic,,, announcments like 30 baht helathcheme for free now,, no alceholic marketing in any case ,and and ,and,,,,, indicate already the way

natnionalistic and conservativ.............................

BUT MY GUESS IS OVERSTAY RATES WOULD EXPLODED AT HIGH LEVEL ABOVE 10000% NEXT YEAR.

so for me it is over

until april have TR visa ( multi) or when they extend 1 month each than by june,than 3 voas, and i am out until september 07 or juli 07.

i hope enough time to sttle

but hard time to sell any condo........................

When will these rants end ? You are an illegal immigrant - get over it.

Thailand will just have to do without your $2,000 a month.

And as for ban on alchohol advertising - all I can say is SO WHAT ?

A bit of a rant yes - the OP is famous for those - and also quite a lot of guesses about visa situation.

That said; the below 50 group with savings/income from abroad is actually left without any LEGAL* way to stay here long term.

*Starting a company involves wanting to work/having a biz plan Etc. Student visa likewise require wanting to study something.

Cheers!

You are an illegal immigrant - get over it

I think calling lapamita an illegal immigrant is a bit of a stretch unless he's here on an overstay or if he waded across the Mekong under the moonlight altogether avoiding Thai immigrations.

[

When will these rants end ? You are an illegal immigrant - get over it.

YOU ARE DOUBLE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS ON LEGAL ONE YEAR VISA UNTIL 2004 ( BASED ON OLD RULES 3 MILLION BAHT ),,,BUT IN 2004 THAI ANOUNCED A 0% POLICY FOR FOREIGNERS!!!!!!!! THAN THEY WNAT YOU PUT FIXED MONEY ON GOVERMENTBANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR 0%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

WHEN I MAKE ONE YEAR VISA THEY TOLD THIS IS FOREVERRRRRRRRR

BUT I KONOW THAI ALREADY WHT MEAN FOREVER ( when thinking from one to next day)

i told i am living from dividend and intrest/rental incomming,, so the ammoount of money sitting on bank you vcan tink...............

but about i am most angry is that i bought condos here, and my mother now to,see is 66,, and dont want to stay here with firend, when i am not here....................................

i am angry about my self that my mother is involved here now.............................

after 17 years in tahialnd ( therefor 9 years in an exporting bu.) i can tell you,,, waht is THAI,,but i better leave it here...................................................

i have a good live here,,,,but i could never never ever , think about to married a thailady,,never ever........... they are beautiful etc,,,,, but the thaimental,,,,,,never ever

i am sorry about small BU owners,thai or froeigeners because they pay the bill,,,,, the good infrastructure on foreign restaurants what incourage many people to stayhere longtime,,,nobody want to miss it.......................................................

WHEN I MAKE ONE YEAR VISA THEY TOLD THIS IS FOREVERRRRRRRRR

BUT I KONOW THAI ALREADY WHT MEAN FOREVER ( when thinking from one to next day)

after 17 years in tahialnd ( therefor 9 years in an exporting bu.) i can tell you,,, waht is THAI,,but i better leave it here...................................................

You've been here seventeen years and you do seem to have some thoughts about the Thai concept of forever, so question: what makes you think the current changes are any more forever than was your immigrations-assured one-year visa?

[

current changes are any more forever than was your immigrations-assured one-year visa?

i not said that

they would change it again, sure...........................

but in thaiway,,, when they fell the pinch, because they are a touristdestination ( where people bring money ,,,instead like europe or us for make money)

they would change

but in thaialnd everything works slow,,,, so not expect any changes for 2 or 3 years........

clear situation !!!!!!!!!! O V E R !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

PS

i love the visacompanys,,in TV ,they talk about easy, no changes,,just pay,we secure you 12 month stay in thailand ( 3 voas and than visa for 18k thb HAHAHAHAAHAH)))))) they have a lot of optimism

@ to pedro 01

Thailand will just have to do without your $2,000 a month

SORRY, ONLY 2k , and 6M investments

waht you think a real tourist is spending ????????

LOOK AT T A T STAISTICS

AVERAGE LENGHT OF STAY 5,6 DAYS

AVERAGE SPENDING PER DAY 2.917 THB

( STATISTIC FOR CHONBURI PROVINCE)

2.917 X 5,6 DAYS IS ?????? ABOUT 16.500 OR 500 US$

SO THE TOURISTAREAS DONT NEED LONGSTAYERS??????????????????????????????????

DONT FORGET MY PARENTS ARE COMMING FOR 6 MONTH AND MAYBE 2 FREINDS PER YEAR,,WHO WOULD NOT COME OR MAXIMUM 2 WEEK ONE TIME AND NOT ALWAYS

THIS IS NO MONEY ?????????????????????????????

OK UP TO THAI..............................

[ 5 STAR TOURISM

every,,but every country is dreaming of them,,,, but only 0,1% of worlds population are high spenders or even less..............spain,caribean,phillipines they are all dreamers..........

but i quote something from thailand,,,,

anual report of dusitthani plc

outlook

DUE TO FIERCE COMPETITION AND OVERSUPPLY IN THE 4 AND 5 STAR ACOMODTION,,THE PRICING POWER LIES IN THE HAND OFCONSUMERS.

other hotels like manrin,shang etc saying the same in the anualreports,,,,,,,,,

is there not enough 5 star tourists for fill up alle the new 5 star hotels????????

we see.....................

THAIALND CANNOT FILL THE GAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS YEAR IN AMRCH I SOLD OFF my holdings in hotels, after i receive the reports and read outlook, after i keep this shares for more than 5 years. ( thai think ohh make money on thsi shares not pay tax,,,,sorry but in europe and us sharesales are taxfree after 12 month,even there..)

lapamita

You are going to blow a gasket.....jai yen

I have full confidence that if you really want to stay in LOS you will find a work around solution.

Instead of going at things like a bull at a gate....start looking at options and be aware that the goal posts in Thailand are constantly moving.

Too many prophets of doom around already.

damm its hard working reading your broken english.

It is worse than usual...17 years in "THAIALND" and can't even spell it. Makes me wonder if I know anybody having lived outside their home country that long(in country where foreigners normally communicate in English), who speaks/writes English that bad... And his business was exports...?

I suspect that he is drowning his sorrows in whiskey while typing.

Samran; point well taken but comparing emmigration laws with countries where long-term stay usually means social security, medical, schooling, un-employment benifits, emergency social services Etc. makes little sense I think.

Here in Thailand, if I run out of money/food/friends I will simply starve to death. Cheers!

Can I go just sit an live in your country? No, I doubt your countries immigration rules would be any different to Thailand's for people to just go sit and live.

troll or not , thats not his point.

his point is the continual moving of the goalposts with retroactive enforcement of rules.

that rarely happens in europe or the usa.

Can I go just sit an live in your country? No, I doubt your countries immigration rules would be any different to Thailand's for people to just go sit and live.

his point is the continual moving of the goalposts with retroactive enforcement of rules.

Yes, I also almost got caught by "moving goal posts" myself on my investment visa - and I did have about 40k Baht more in costs (lawyer, flight, old visa useless, get new visa) due to changing rules.

CHeers!

Samran; point well taken but comparing emmigration laws with countries where long-term stay usually means social security, medical, schooling, un-employment benifits, emergency social services Etc. makes little sense I think.

Not to mention the right to own land, the right to work, etc.

Also, it's not as though there were no other examples in the world where simple border runs can extend one's stay indefinitely. Mexico comes to mind. Many "tourists" stay in Mexico indefinitely in six-months blocks with a simple crossing of the border back to the US every 180 days. I'm sure that other posters can supply different examples.

I understand the troll's point; as I did weeks ago.

'Impossible' - maybe the OP could actually get a job here, that is if he is employable.

Sad about the changing rules though

Lucky

Why should he work if he does not want to/can not, and have the money needed to live here?

Cheers!

Samran,

Reluctant as I am to get involved in this on the side of lapamita, if you look at it proportionally, I'm pretty sure that if you invested whatever (6m baht * avg. american wage/ avg. thai wage) is and spent whatever ($2000 * avg. american wage/ avg. thai wage) is per month, you'd be O.K. living in the states as long as you didn't work. At least they wouldn't go out of their way to (unwisely) make life difficult for that demographic. Then again acting wisely seems to be counter to the Bush administration's M.O.

Overall, though I'm all set visa-wise, I am critical not only of the opacity of the rules and rule-making process,goals and motivations, but the apparent lack of understanding/differentiation of the groups being affected.

Edited by calibanjr.

LAPAMITA - where are you? - you dissappeared at an interesting point.

Listen mate, there are so many different types of visas - if you can't find a way to fit your circumstances in with one or other of those visa requirements then you really should not be here.

But you said in one of your earlier postings that you had been here 17 years in total. Well, I have been here just a few weeks short of 20 - and by the time you started coming to Thailand I was well on my way to counting down the time I had to wait to become a Permanent Resident i.e. in other words after 17 years you still have not put down sufficient roots to legalise your status one way or the other (and from what you have said, there were a dozen ways you could have legalised your long term status on those investments) - but you have not.

Why not! - as someone said, when you were approached with a serious question you went all quiet and since then have stayed quiet.

mmmmm... I wonder.

Tim

I sympathize with those in trouble and absolutely DON'T like the direction Thailand is headed.

I am over well over fifty, meet the retirement requirements and have a legal Thai wife. My plans are already made. If things get to be too much of a pain in the ass to stay, I will be packing up my wife and getting ready to head for the USA. In fact I am going to take her to Bangkok in the near future and start her immigration process so we can move in a hurry if required. :o

So you are mad that you have been living off illegal earnings and not paying tax down the years, not having a work permit or any legal business. what if your condos ceiling falls and kills a tenant?

You are exactly the kind of person that these rules are meant to sort out. Not necessarily get you out of the country, but get you paying taxes etc. Thats what you hate isn't it? At any given time you could have started a business, paid the tax and Insurance and got the visa in order. You can get legal, as can most people on the 30 day tourist visa, you just don't want to.

I run a Tour Company with my wife and I am pissed off with people like you being able to undercut our prices purely because you have no visas, TAT licence, Tax, etc. to pay out. Lots of dregs walking round town, picking up tourists in bars and taking them round the tour operators, tailors, dive shops etc. and picking up commission etc. I hope they crack down on these commison payments, tax them to the hilt and make them go through companies.

Then theres all the bragging about how much money you earn and how smart you are to avoid all these expenses. I have listened to dozens of <deleted> like you down the years, scoffing at us for paying tax, TAT licence etc. Comments of "why bother, this is Thailand, it will never change" will come back to haunt you all now. One thing... you are having to be bothered now, and how! The game is up, and everyone will be the better for it.

:o

Edited by Steph1012

take a step back.

NO YOU CANT , but.........................

the point is thailand is a holiday destination with capitalinflow!!!!!!!!!! if people go to us,europe or australia they go in most cases for earningmoney, and dont bring money. regular thai come to europe ,come for have better life ( money, no better life sorry).

but if foreigenr owning property and have requierd money, the stay is more easy.but trhai not give any chance for people below 50,,,even they said before one year visa no problem,you have for everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................................

sorry for the writing, but nationality is not english,,,,,so.... but i speak4 languages,,but not perfekt in quick writing.............................