Falangs not admitted to Navy beaches.

giddyup

I visited one of the Thai Navy beaches a couple of years ago and remembered it as very pleasant and relatively unspoiled, so took a drive to Sattahip last week, and with my my Thai partner, tried to visit 4 Thai Navy beaches, first at Sattahip and then three more on the way back to Pattaya. Refused entry at all of them because I was a falang. That was spelt out very clearly, not something I imagined. I don't know what a falang could get up to that a Thai wouldn't, and if there was anything secret going on, surely the average Thai wouldn't be allowed to see it either.

Edited by giddyup

Outrageous news.

Must be something "new" or current event?

Was at Sai Khaeo beach in June 2013 with a farang friend and his Thai GF who deposited her ID card at the entrance.

Paid the dual pricing amount of 80 Baht (foreigners price shown on the sign),

post-99794-0-47875600-1450767609_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

Foreign Nationals....

even the usa has rules on non us citizens entering secure areas.

On childrens day there is usually a navy ship open for a tour.

No foreigners allowed.

I just imagine the foul cry when such discrimination would be done in Germany (racist! Nazi!).

Here you keep silent and turn around bah.gif

Edited by KhunBENQ

I visited Sai Kaew Beach month (December 2015) it was Constitution Day, had no issues getting in, our group was 4 farangs and 6 Thais. 100 baht for farangs and 50 baht for Thais, I think children were 10 or 20 baht. Could not drive all the way to the beach, but there are songtheaws to shuttle you there from the parking area.

Is there any difference say if you are on foot, on bike, or jogging verses in a car or on a MC. I know it should NOT make a diff but the reality of it may play out differently. Your experience?

As the Navy beaches are around 20 klms outside of Pattaya I doubt many are approaching on foot, but I can't see why it would make the slightest difference. I was told by the Navy security in the four locations that falangs weren't permitted entry. Now whether it was for that day, a week or permanently I can't say.

Regularly go to the Navy beaches around Sattahip , especially the beautiful one about 6 K past Utapao airport on the 331, matter of fact been there today with no problem at all.

Rode from Pattaya on the Bicycles with Ozzie Rob my mate and met our wives who had driven there for a day picnicking on the beach and yes I didnt ride back

Strange but way too busy in high season anyway, in low season there are no Song Thaews and you drive all the way up yourself, unless they changed that as well.

In 2013 we drove with the car to the beach. But that was in June, deep offseason.

Went to Sattahip earlier this year, was taken by across to an island for snorkelling. No dramas. Went to Sai Kaew beach about 3 months ago, nothing was said about me being a farang.

Apparently Sai Kaew is the one Navy beach that falangs are permitted, but I didn't try that one on the day after being refused entry at four beaches already.

Farangs or foreigners? If it is farangs then it seems racist and as khunBENQ pointed out would cause outcry in the western world but if it is non Thai nationals for security, well a bit silly but understandable.

As for me, I accept that living here means I live by Thai rules even if I don't like some of them.

Merry Christmas

Only been to Sa Kaew beach once. Last year. No problem getting in. Driver of vehicle deposited driving license at entrance gate. Passenger doesn't. Both Farang. After driving through the camp Song Taew took us to the actual beach. Told it was like that on weekends and public hols. Normal days you drive yourself. Didn't like it...too many Farangs, mostly Russian.

What's the theory behind a Navy beach anyway? I am pretty sure if the wanted to come ashore they would do it were they please. Or do they have to pay 50 baht per sailor to go on the public beach?

Edited by csabo

Some of these beaches, like Sai Keow, or Koh Samae San are open to foreigners all the time, others are always closed to foreigners. A few depend on who's on guard and to what extent you have genuine business there and even who's driving the car. More success if a Thai is driving and you are the only farang in the group. If your Thai companion(s) are bold enough you can always ask the gate guard if you can speak with an officer. There is quite a lot of discretion involved. I have been to most of these beaches on Navy organised events like runs.

Bullshit! I was at Sattahip navy beach with my family last weekend, plenty of farang running around including the real lovely Russian chicks in their g strings as usual.

From memory the only thing they don't allow farang's to do is the tour of the navy ships.

They probably just did not liked the look of you, were you drunk or topless?

Bullshit! I was at Sattahip navy beach with my family last weekend, plenty of farang running around including the real lovely Russian chicks in their g strings as usual.

From memory the only thing they don't allow farang's to do is the tour of the navy ships.

They probably just did not liked the look of you, were you drunk or topless?

They didn't like the look of me at four beaches? A 70 year old guy respectably dressed and in a new pick-up? I'll ask you a question, are you a half-wit?

A farang friend's partner died tragically about 4 years ago and his family wanted his ashes scattered at sea. This involved going on to a Navy base and using a Navy boat. The guards on duty at the entrance to the base at first refused my farang friend entry to the base but after some frantic calls to more senior officers they relented and let him participate in the ceremony at sea. Very distressing for all concerned but common sense did prevail in the end.

That has been the usual practice for as long as I've been here....having said that....I did manage to do the ship four of the aircraft carrier as part of my Rotary Club function....got a lot of strange stares from the locals at the White man on board....?

Edited by chicowoodduck