Falangs not admitted to Navy beaches.

giddyup

Foreign Nationals....

even the usa has rules on non us citizens entering secure areas.

it is a beach , what are you thinking ? secure area ? I lost all hope when the thai navy asked if china could put wheels on the new subs they were going to order . the Chinese engineers fell down laughing , 2 bumped heads and are on sick leave ................

Bullshit! I was at Sattahip navy beach with my family last weekend, plenty of farang running around including the real lovely Russian chicks in their g strings as usual.

From memory the only thing they don't allow farang's to do is the tour of the navy ships.

They probably just did not liked the look of you, were you drunk or topless?

They didn't like the look of me at four beaches? A 70 year old guy respectably dressed and in a new pick-up? I'll ask you a question, are you a half-wit?

Come on mate, don't be such a grouch. Firstly I was stating a fact, secondly I was asking a question.

I guarantee you I'm not bullshitting, trolling or trying to piss you off. In my experience I've never had the problem ever, and I really did see a lot of other farang people there. It makes no sense at all if you were dressed respectably as you've stated and didn't look hammered out of your mind. Especially at your age, you should not have had a problem.

Perhaps they were just doing drills on the beach that day or something? I'll bet if you went back there today you wouldn't have a problem. wai.gif

Bullshit! I was at Sattahip navy beach with my family last weekend, plenty of farang running around including the real lovely Russian chicks in their g strings as usual.

From memory the only thing they don't allow farang's to do is the tour of the navy ships.

They didn't like the look of me at four beaches? A 70 year old guy respectably dressed and in a new pick-up? I'll ask you a question, are you a half-wit?

Come on mate, don't be such a grouch. Firstly I was stating a fact, secondly I was asking a question.

I guarantee you I'm not bullshitting, trolling or trying to piss you off. In my experience I've never had the problem ever, and I really did see a lot of other farang people there. It makes no sense at all if you were dressed respectably as you've stated and didn't look hammered out of your mind. Especially at your age, you should not have had a problem.

Perhaps they were just doing drills on the beach that day or something? I'll bet if you went back there today you wouldn't have a problem. wai.gif

I wouldn't bet him too much if I was you. I have some Thai navy friends I play golf with, the navy base in Sattahip will allow farang to play golf, but you are not allowed on the beach. The navy base coming out of Sattahip towards Pattaya is the same. The navy base in Bangsare will allow farang, but there is a toll both and a payment of 50 baht is required to drive your car over the hill to a beautiful fine sandy beach.

If you'd cared to read the posts you'd see that I already said that I didn't know if they were refusing entry for that day, a week or permanently. Don't expect politeness when you start your comments with "Bullshit!", in other words discrediting what I'd said, then asking if I was drunk or topless.

Went to Sattahip earlier this year, was taken by across to an island for snorkelling. No dramas. Went to Sai Kaew beach about 3 months ago, nothing was said about me being a farang.

Apparently Sai Kaew is the one Navy beach that falangs are permitted, but I didn't try that one on the day after being refused entry at four beaches already.

I live near Sattahip and play golf on the 3 Navy courses close by. It is a fact that the only Navy beach open to non-Thais is the one on the approach road to Hat Sai Kaew, about 2 km south of the the Bang Saray T junction traffic lights. This has been the case for the last 3 years at least.

Went to Sattahip earlier this year, was taken by across to an island for snorkelling. No dramas. Went to Sai Kaew beach about 3 months ago, nothing was said about me being a farang.

Apparently Sai Kaew is the one Navy beach that falangs are permitted, but I didn't try that one on the day after being refused entry at four beaches already.

I live near Sattahip and play golf on the 3 Navy courses close by. It is a fact that the only Navy beach open to non-Thais is the one on the approach road to Hat Sai Kaew, about 2 km south of the the Bang Saray T junction traffic lights. This has been the case for the last 3 years at least.

Thank you.

You can understand if they ban foreigners from their navy property. Imagine if a Burmese spy managed to report back that the Thai aircraft carrier actually didn't have any serviceable aircraft. Or if the Burmese found out that the Thai Navy had a whole submarine division with no submarines.???

Thailand would be a laughing stock.....

You can understand if they ban foreigners from their navy property. Imagine if a Burmese spy managed to report back that the Thai aircraft carrier actually didn't have any serviceable aircraft. Or if the Burmese found out that the Thai Navy had a whole submarine division with no submarines.???

Thailand would be a laughing stock.....

They wouldn't stop a Burmese, and most Thais can't tell the difference between a Burmese or Cambodian by sight, and some speak Thai very well.

Edited by giddyup

Most of the beach and land along the coast from bang saray to ban chang is under the control of the royal Thai navy, some beaches are accessible to foreign people but most are not for security reasons, there is around 18 named beaches in that area and i think it seems to be about 70/30 on access , some charge a small fee 20 baht some a little more and some free. People coming on here shouting about being at the "navy beach at Sattahip" without saying which one does not tell us much.

I used to have a sticker on the windscreen that i got from my ex wifes brother in law, he was in the Royal Thai Navy, that got me access to all the beaches without question or even opening the car window but i dont have that car or wife anymore TF!!

Edited by LennyW

I frequently visit Sae Kaeo Beach at the Navy Prep school just south of Bangsaray or the first Naval Base you encounter after Nong Nooch tropical garden going south towards Sattahip. It has always been open for foreigners, at least the last 15 years or so.

The other naval bases in the area do not allow foreigners to enter due to the fact that they are foreigners, as in most other countries foreigners are not allowed to visit military facilities.

One reason for the Navy prep school to allow foreigners might be that the base is divided in two zones, one actual military zone which is fenced and another surrounding zone with more relaxed security, where officers housing are located, barracks and school facilities, and the officers club.

Yeah I remember also the Nang Ram naval facility is also allowing foreigners.

Edited by AlQaholic

Thank you.

Not quite fact Joe. I also live in Sattahip. Samae san normally has 2 beaches open to all and has recently opened a third. Sai Kaew is generally open to all but sometimes has visitors and is then shut to us Farang, I think the OP just arrived on a day when they had a visitor or two.

The problem is that they never say why foreingers are not alowed to enter. I was on that navy vessel 2 times for work as i worked for Asimar several years ago.

And they explaned me that when these boats are on shore for a open house party , they will get checked for maintanace and upgrades. And these events are done secret. Not so for thai nationals, but for foreingers. As well i had to sign contracts to not give away any information to others. The shut-up contract haha. Uhm well, i hope i was allowed to give you this information.

Oh and all navy places near that shipyard are closed for foreign people when something very very secret is going on there. It can happen that there will be a shipment from over sea that will arrive, so thats why the block any tread for spy on equipment.

Sorry my pour english today.

Good Thai people loving their country and secretive till their end.

Bad farang, spying, sabotaging, spill the beans about national secrets like an aircraft carrier with no aircraft.

They are so naive (to use a friendly description).

Why would anyone want to go to a Navy beach?

Maybe they like seamen.

Silly question if you've been around for a while in Jomtien/Pattaya.

My bf and me always loved to stop while they were having a drill, all those young sailors :D

Edited by dennis123

A farang friend's partner died tragically about 4 years ago and his family wanted his ashes scattered at sea. This involved going on to a Navy base and using a Navy boat. The guards on duty at the entrance to the base at first refused my farang friend entry to the base but after some frantic calls to more senior officers they relented and let him participate in the ceremony at sea. Very distressing for all concerned but common sense did prevail in the end.

I did one of the services a couple of weeks ago and there was no problem getting on the base. When I was on the pier I saw other foreigners participating in another service.

A few years ago we drove down to the beach, not sure which one but the entrance was close to road into Sattahip. We had only just parked up when a navy officer on a motorbike turned up and asked us to leave, said foreigners were not allowed.

Decided to have a seaside holiday a few weeks ago, because my youngest had never seen the sea. Had to be cheap, and not too far to drive, with three children. Left details to the wife, after she refused all my suggestions. She got everything from FB friends. Bang Saen, dirty beach and so on. First two nights at a Royal Thai Marine base in Sattahip. Decent rooms, meters from the beach, food and beer nearby, and a great BB gun training area for me and the kids. Within 30 minutes of arriving, she got a phone call from the officer who took her booking. "You didn't say your husband was farang. If any officer asks, say you are day visitors". Had a trip to the naval base, not exactly Portsmouth, but the kids loved it. The family looked round the worlds smallest aircraft carrier, farang forbidden. After being turned away at the gate at a couple more bases with nice beaches, we carried on to Rayong and had a normal holiday. Interesting experience though. As far as I know, military bases in the UK don't double as Butlins in the summer.

I went to Sattahip 4 months ago without problems. Also drove around the base and got invited onto a small training boat in a very small pond.

The next day drove onto the Navy base and walked up to an aircraft carrier and two support vesseles, even took pictures.

The navy would not let me join the Thai tour group of the carrier though. Its a giant shipyard