New York style hotdog?

MZurf

New York,Paris,London,Bangkok hot dogs are all the same processed crap the world over.

Mechanically separated meat.

A good "Nathans" or "Hebrew National" hot dog is a mechanically separated thing of beauty (every once in a while).

Nathans and Hebrew National are brands of higher quality hot dogs for those not familiar.

AS said a good Nathan's hot dog from one of the umbrella restaurants with sauerkraut and anything else that you want is a "New York" style hot dog. The crap that you get here is just that "crap". Although I do occasionally buy the chicken/cheese dogs from Tesco, take off the plastic casing, sear them in a hot pan with olive oil and smother them on a bun with home made sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. By the time I'm finished I don't know if it was a hot dog or "Rocky Mountain Oysters".

New York,Paris,London,Bangkok hot dogs are all the same processed crap the world over.

Mechanically separated meat.

A good "Nathans" or "Hebrew National" hot dog is a mechanically separated thing of beauty (every once in a while).

Nathans and Hebrew National are brands of higher quality hot dogs for those not familiar.

Hoffman franks and coneys (think coney island, new york).

Best mechanically separated meat in the Butcher Shop in Upstate New York.

If you go there..go to Heid's Liverpool(Syracuse). A local icon

For those that have a fetish for self satisfaction try this.....http://handwich.hofmannbrands.com

Edited by slipperylobster

AS said a good Nathan's hot dog from one of the umbrella restaurants with sauerkraut and anything else that you want is a "New York" style hot dog. The crap that you get here is just that "crap". Although I do occasionally buy the chicken/cheese dogs from Tesco, take off the plastic casing, sear them in a hot pan with olive oil and smother them on a bun with home made sauerkraut and Dijon mustard. By the time I'm finished I don't know if it was a hot dog or "Rocky Mountain Oysters".

Oh krap....I didn't know they were encased in plastic tubes !!! I thought the skins were just tough.