Passport VISA Transfer

Today, I received a new 52 pages US passport. Tomorrow, I will go to CM IO to transfer my retirement visa. What must I bring? What's the normal wait time?

Could someone please share Central Plaza Chiang Mai Airport public shuttle schedule/website?

Visas are not transferred.

They will do a stamp with info for the visa you used for the entry you you have been extending and transfer you extension and permit to stay stamp from your last entry.

You need a copy of your old and new passport photo pages. Copies of all pages of your old passport pages that have any stamp or visa to do with Thailand. A copy of your TM6 departure card.

I assume they gave you a letter requesting immigration transfer your stamps when you picked up your passport at the consulate.

You can download and fill out this form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/transferstamp.pdf

I think you will do the transfer at the new immigration office at Promenada.

I have no knowledge of the bus schedule.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just want to clarify what I understood. I've an O-A M-entry based on retirement that was issued on 2/2015 in USA. I arrived in March and I've traveled overseas 4 times since. Should I make photo copies of each arrival and departure stamps in the passport? The Iimmigration office at Promenada told me to go the old office at Central Plaza to do the transfer.

I have seen the shuttle at Central Plaza airport mall but I'm not sure of the exact schedule. I hope someone who have used it could post the schedule.

Your OA visa will not be transferred if you want to do another entry before it expires you will have to show both passports on entry to use it.

Most immigration offices want a copy of every page that has a stamp for entry and departure from Thailand and every Thai visa.

There is a chance that immigration will tell you to do the entry/permit to stay stamp transfer the next time you leave the country by showing both passports since you have a visa entry.

Your OA visa will not be transferred if you want to do another entry before it expires you will have to show both passports on entry to use it.

Most immigration offices want a copy of every page that has a stamp for entry and departure from Thailand and every Thai visa.

There is a chance that immigration will tell you to do the entry/permit to stay stamp transfer the next time you leave the country by showing both passports since you have a visa entry.

I really appreciate the clear explanation. Just one more question please. I'm going overseas next weekend and will return mid-January 2016. Also, I intended to fly out late February on the day before my visa expired and retun same day to get another free year. Is all this still possible on the new passport? My passport was full so I had to changed it. I'll see what IO said tomorrow.

We (Mrs & I) did a stamp transfer for dependend non O extension of stay. last friday.....(Lao passport)

NongKhai doesn't allow you to travel in and out of the country without transfer stamp(s) in your new passport.

No copies passport asked, except house owners ID and rental contract copy.

Immigration offices have their own rules and regulations i guess.

Edited by hgma