Star Wars IMAX 3D warning....

Trujillo

I saw it in Maya today. I was quite thankful for the loudness as it drowned out the noise of the bunch of elephant Farangs behind me devouring enough flipping sweeties and popcorn to feed a Hilltribe village.

All in all, I found the story a little far fetched though :)

Movies in theatres these days are normally pretty loud simply because they have to cater for everyone including people who are hard of hearing.

I saw it yesterday at the Airport Plaza and enjoyed it, although it is flawed. But at 240 baht for two people for a 3D film I thought it was a bargain

I saw it in Maya today. I was quite thankful for the loudness as it drowned out the noise of the bunch of elephant Farangs behind me devouring enough flipping sweeties and popcorn to feed a Hilltribe village.

All in all, I found the story a little far fetched though smile.png

It's Star Wars and I think that was the intention, it's not a Ken Loach movie.

Do you think it had to many UFOs in it?

Not surprising. considering how far manned space flight has gone, so far :lol:

Hahahahahaha brilliant! The humour goes further over your heads than the Millenium Falcon could only ever hope for...

Hahahahahaha brilliant! The humour goes further over your heads than the Millenium Falcon could only ever hope for...

Not really coffee1.gif

I just had an interesting experience related to seeing the movie "Interstellar" at home. It did suck, by the way; so much potential, decent acting, but as usual some generally stupid story line points threw it all off. It would be better to skip the last 15 minutes of the movie and just imagine that it had an ending that made sense.

Interstellar only really sucks to those that don't get it. You need to understand it for it to click. A huge amount of effort went into to recreating the black hole and premise that the fifth dimensional beings (likely us in future) created the tesseract at the event horizon to enable cooper to communicate with his daughter to enable earth's rescue etc. The last 15 mins is thus the most important part of the movie.

The wormhole, black hole et al are based on science fact, such as time dilation effect; no other movie as had so much input from very clever people. The only real For me, being a lover of the cosmos, it is about as good as it gets and I only saw a tatty cam version on a small screen.

Edited by daveAustin

To be honest, I prefer to watch alone with family. Other people munching on snacks, taking phone calls, or even just breathing annoy me in the cinema.

... and laughing for no particular reason is irksome.

Haven't been to the cinema for years due to the same reasons. Got a great set up at home and will be downloading The Force Awakens in HD from Xbox Live or iTunes when it's out. And we can pause the film when necessary.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Speaking of Star Wars do you think it will be still busy over at Robinsons? Or should I wait another week or so? Don't want to see it in a packed cinema.

I saw it at Promenada the day after it opened in an almost empty theater.

Where the kids still at school?

I think the clue to no one being there is that he saw it at Promenada (although it is getting slowly busier there it seems ;) )