US blocks UK Muslim family from boarding plane to Disneyland

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no indication that they were terrorists. If there was reasonable cause to believe that, they would have been arrested and detained.

To what end? The UK currently doesn't have detention without trial for British citizens - they'd have to be released eventually unless there were solid evidence.

There's evidence that one of the sons had been joking on facebook that he was a member of Al-Qaeda. The evidence may not be solid, but it may actually be enough to make the US nervous. The facebook account may even have been malicious - I'm not sure how the address associated with the account was obtained. Press reports says the account was set up by someone 'with the same address'.

One of the male travelers is on a terrorism watch list and since they bought their tickets as a group they were barred from travel/entry. Good work by the TSA-border control folks. If the state department fhad been as on the ball with Tasfeen and her false marriage visa application, 14 people would be celebrating the holidays tomorrow rather than in the grave.

Why the heck did they receive ESTA clearance? That's the substance of the grievance.

For Tasfeen, presumably you mean 'lying marriage visa application'. The marriage appears to have been genuine - they had a child!

One of the male travelers is on a terrorism watch list and since they bought their tickets as a group they were barred from travel/entry. Good work by the TSA-border control folks. If the state department fhad been as on the ball with Tasfeen and her false marriage visa application, 14 people would be celebrating the holidays tomorrow rather than in the grave.

Why the heck did they receive ESTA clearance? That's the substance of the grievance.

For Tasfeen, presumably you mean 'lying marriage visa application'. The marriage appears to have been genuine - they had a child!

The esta clearance was issued in error, which was caught and corrected before they boarded their flight.

Of course they got married but the reason for her coming to the US was to commit a Terrorist act, not to get married. So therefore, her entire visa application was false.

The implication is that their ESTA application was incorrect. 'Moral turpitude' is a rather broad brush.

Florida is where Disneyland is. Florida is where the flight school the 9/11 Muslims attended. As far as I am concerned the US can deny all Muslims entry to Florid forever, well at least until the 2nd resurrection of Jesus.

Disneyland is in California, Disneyworld is in Florida. Apparently, they were planning a southern California holiday and the father of the group has a brother, who is a US citizen, living there. Maybe this brother is under US government surveillance.

As far as I'm concerned, the UK can keep its muslim citizens, many of whom are terrorists or terrorist sympathizers, to itself.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Authorities in Washington denied entry to the UK Muslim family to enter the US with a phone call.

It was not the US authorities of the airport.

Sounds like it's a twisted message as a political statement and correction for Trumps controversial proposal...nothing new in times of US elections and how far lobbying can go...

Obviously, every country has the right to deny a non national entry. However, if they do this, they should at least have the decency to advise why. If they don't, there is no integrity in their decision.

When it comes to issues of someone being on a terror watch list then I do not agree the reasons need to be made public because doing so could jeopardize an investigation or a method of collecting intel.

The US allows 1,000's of Muslims into the country every day so obviously the family was not denied entry due solely to the fact they were Muslim.

I feel bad for the kids who wanted to have fun over here but this is the Post-9/11 World where most acts of terror in Western nations are being committed by Muslims and the incidence of attacks are increasing rapidly.

Better safe than sorry.

Professional terrorist do not travel with the whole family..... and can get inside ANY country without going into customs or borders. The BIG problem now, is that ISIS is not a very common terrorist group...They have a LOT of easy money to buy people and officials.

Edited by Muzarella

Obviously, every country has the right to deny a non national entry. However, if they do this, they should at least have the decency to advise why. If they don't, there is no integrity in their decision.

When it comes to issues of someone being on a terror watch list then I do not agree the reasons need to be made public because doing so could jeopardize an investigation or a method of collecting intel.

The US allows 1,000's of Muslims into the country every day so obviously the family was not denied entry due solely to the fact they were Muslim.

I feel bad for the kids who wanted to have fun over here but this is the Post-9/11 World where most acts of terror in Western nations are being committed by Muslims and the incidence of attacks are increasing rapidly.

Better safe than sorry.

Professional terrorist do not travel with the whole family..... and can get inside ANY country without going into customs or borders. The BIG problem now, is that ISIS is not a very common terrorist group...They have a LOT of easy money to buy people and officials.

This isn't Day of the Jackal stuff going on here. Remember, the San Bernardino terrorists dropped off their infant with the babysetter before going on to launch their terror attack.

It's none of Cameron's or anybody else's business who the United States denies entry to.

Absolutely, I mean why should Cameron give a damn, about the rights of British citizens abroad ! wink.png

No UK citizen or anyone else in the world has "the right" to enter the US.

Howler monkeys and frigate birds have the ability to puff up parts of their bodies to fend off adversaries. This self inflation is now clearly a Trumpism, adopted by the Great Blowhard and his fanboys.

The poster made not mention of the British PM doing anything in the context of any 'right' of these profiled family members to enter the US. The poster merely points out that it is the duty of the British PM and his government to protect all the rights of British citizens. The US and UK have bilateral treaties; they are both signatories to multilateral treaties. Investigating whether the application of this decision in this case violated any agreement or was inappropriately applied is normal. Furthermore, countries have the right of reciprocity and can respond to any perceived discriminatory actions by another country with reciprocal actions. Normal, sensible people, including government officials involved in such matters are aware of this context. This will be rightly seen as over-reach and I hope appropriate responses are applied.

Trump fan boys puffing up their chests and repeatedly posting inane, shallow and meaningless announcements of the obvious is now indicative of the demographic. Go Trumpettes. Go!

Edited by lostboy

It's none of Cameron's or anybody else's business who the United States denies entry to.

Absolutely, I mean why should Cameron give a damn, about the rights of British citizens abroad ! wink.png

He can give a damn all he wants. It's still none of his damn business.

Cheers.

Florida is where Disneyland is. Florida is where the flight school the 9/11 Muslims attended. As far as I am concerned the US can deny all Muslims entry to Florid forever, well at least until the 2nd resurrection of Jesus.

Disneyland is in Anaheim, California, near Los Angeles. You are probably thinking of Disney World near Orlando in Florida.

Howler monkeys and frigate birds have the ability to puff up parts of their bodies to fend off adversaries. This self inflation is now clearly a Trumpism, adopted by the Great Blowhard and his fanboys.

The poster made not mention of the British PM doing anything in the context of any 'right' of these profiled family members to enter the US. The poster merely points out that it is the duty of the British PM and his government to protect all the rights of British citizens. The US and UK have bilateral treaties; they are both signatories to multilateral treaties. Investigating whether the application of this decision in this case violated any agreement or was inappropriately applied is normal. Furthermore, countries have the right of reciprocity and can respond to any perceived discriminatory actions by another country with reciprocal actions. Normal, sensible people, including government officials involved in such matters are aware of this context. This will be rightly seen as over-reach and I hope appropriate responses are applied.

Trump fan boys puffing up their chests and repeatedly posting inane, shallow and meaningless announcements of the obvious is now indicative of the demographic. Go Trumpettes. Go!

I doubt many countries will want to get in a diplomatic tit-for-tat with the United States. We say jump and you countries ask how high...like with this whole esta visa waiver program itself. All you citizens of countries in the program have to get an electronic clearance before flying to the United States, while me and my US passport can just waltze into all your countries at my leisure (the only exception I'm aware is Australia).

Well obviously not Trump, maybe an idea but all gov decision making... Let the dust settle. Either discrimination or saved thousands of lifes.

Or just erring on the side of caution. Of cause, it's not clear how many recruits have been obtained by this late decision to refuse entry.

Nobody can comment on the rightness or wrongness until the full details are exposed, if ever.

It could be discrimination, or it could be a member of the family was flagged for some real reason.

If the latter, why stop the entire family?

f

You are on point concerning finding out the reason. In the creeping police state the reason will not be divulged as a matter of security. Welcome to security Trumping freedom. No charges, no trial or justice oversight....

What on earth are you talking about? Every country (Schengen excepted) has the absolute right to deny entry to any foreigner for any reason and they are not required to explain. This is called sovereignty and has nothing to do with democracy. You get your democratic rights once you've entered the country legally.

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself? Have you read the thread?

Nobody can comment on the rightness or wrongness until the full details are exposed, if ever.

It could be discrimination, or it could be a member of the family was flagged for some real reason.

If the latter, why stop the entire family?

f

You are on point concerning finding out the reason. In the creeping police state the reason will not be divulged as a matter of security. Welcome to security Trumping freedom. No charges, no trial or justice oversight....

What on earth are you talking about? Every country (Schengen excepted) has the absolute right to deny entry to any foreigner for any reason and they are not required to explain. This is called sovereignty and has nothing to do with democracy. You get your democratic rights once you've entered the country legally.

Yes! As (Iran) every country has the right to chop off your head to make a point based on their religion.

I doubt many countries will want to get in a diplomatic tit-for-tat with the United States. We say jump and you countries ask how high...like with this whole esta visa waiver program itself. All you citizens of countries in the program have to get an electronic clearance before flying to the United States, while me and my US passport can just waltze into all your countries at my leisure (the only exception I'm aware is Australia).

My ESTA applications always lasted 2 years. They used to be free but now there is some nominal charge. I have had continual visa waivers for about 7 years now but will be letting them lapse until I next travel. Approval for my applications was always granted before I had time to take my finger off the mouse after clicking submit. Very efficient system. My first visit nearly 40 years ago required me answering the same questions in paper format. An I90 I think it was called. Had to declare that I was not a member of the Nazi party. I guess there will be another question there now asking if I am a terrorist.

So you want to come to my country? You need a visa. You need to pay a fee. You need to sign a declaration that you have read a statement of our values. Not much waltzing to be done on arrival at Kingsford Smith or Tullamarine airports I'm afraid.

Your first sentence is obnoxious but that is to be expected.

Edited by lostboy

Better safe than sorry.

Professional terrorists try to blend in with the people around. If one wanted to commit a terror act in an amusement park, coming through the gates with children would be a must.

Do you never tire of embarrassing yourself? Have you read the thread?

Another Trump dilettante. Got something meaningful to say? Or do we do the stupid 'reading comprehension' trope?

My friends in Oregon are posting pictures of the snow there on FB. Quite heavy this year. Merry Christmas.

Yeah.... you don't get out much, do you?

Here's the list

http://cibtvisas.com/visa-quick-check

Admittedly, there's a few there I wouldn't want to travel to anyway.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Isn't hubris wonderful. UK passport holders, in conjunction with Germany, are ranked first worldwide in the number of countries permitting visa-free or visa on arrival entry

Here's the list

biggrin.png

Being a US passport holder in Europe is no walk in the park. We are lumped in with Asians, Africans, Middle Easterners and non-EU nations while various East Europeans are fast-tracked through the EU citizen lane. No offense to Romanians, but...

Camoron does not care about native British citizens at home, so what's new.

Here's the list

biggrin.png

Think you don't get out much either, as a US citizen, don't have to have a web link to cite where I can go. Also don't need a website to tell me whatever conflict is going on in the region, most of it are lies based on 'fear tactics'. This topic really is just, who the f....really cares blown out of proportion by media writing. There's obviously more to it, but also believe that the world should send more Muslims to England, it being the next Middle East.

Due to previous terrorists during the past you, the Muslim communities, should realize that traveling to America during Christmas @ New Years should be avoided. Perhaps the group of 11 travels are innocent, but due to the radical Muslim involvement in terrorism, their victims for being Muslim.

It's unfortunate but the Muslim community should understand the current environment.

And I didn't say that they did, funnily enough many of us Brits feel the same, about 'The Donald', which will be interesting if he does get elected as POTUS. rolleyes.gif

But it does seem unusual that, having gone through all the usual pre-travel vetting by the USA, they then pulled the whole family at the late stage of boarding, when they had checked-in without a problem ? Especially with children going to Disneyland at Christmas-time !

No doubt further information will emerge, to explain why this happened.